Thread: 2H Frost QNA

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't think it's a waste of time to keep a steady stream of discontent going about this issue. This is part of the process of getting what you want from a developer. I'm not saying it's going to be there for BfA launch, but sometime in the future, I could see them caving, just as they've done for countless other issues that either the community or Blizzard themselves explicitly ruled out. Some examples off the top of my head:

1. "Paladins will never get a strike" -- I really want to say Kalgan (Tom Chilton) or a CM said this back in vanilla.
    2. Faction change will never happen (finally happened in LK)
    3. Vanilla servers will never happen
    4. Dual-spec will never happen (remember how hard that was begged for back in TBC?)

etc, etc.

Blizzard listens to feedback and on a long enough timeline, they'll probably cave.

And now, I'll throw my rationale for 2h frost in here:

The most iconic Death Knight in the WC universe is Arthas. Despite some of his abilities as a raid boss, given the northrend aesthetic that visually defines him, and given his weapon, Frostmourne, I think it's very safe to say that the archetypal WC Death Knight is a 2h frost DK. When I think of a DK, I think of that. I don't think of a pet class, and I don't think of dual-wielding. There were no DW DKs until WoW shoehorned them in for some reason.

2h frost is pretty much the DK archetype, and it's missing from the game. That's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    Glad to see this pointless and futile discussion is still going.

Keep wasting your time boys and girls.
    So you waste time on something your passionate about?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Isn’t complaining on the forums how all things happen in WoW? I don’t get the people saying “let it rest” or “it wont help”. The best example are the new Classic servers. Do you think they would have happened if we werent whining like hell? No! Whining and complaining are the only things Blizzard respond to. If you want to change something in WoW: Whine about it! And no, Im not being sarcastic.

You guys aren't ambitious enough. Dual wielding 2-handers is what would truly fit Frost!

What I've learned from MMO-champion;

1) Posting in favor of a change I support = constructive feedback

2) Posting in favor of a change I don't support = whining

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    You guys aren't ambitious enough. Dual wielding 2-handers is what would truly fit Frost!
    lol. Give that to Warriors. I'll just stick to one haha.

Deleted
    Can mods delete this garbage thread already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see why you guys want 2H Frost, it looks cool. But for balancing, having Frost dual wield exclusively is a good thing. Right now, Unholy, Ret, Fury, and Arms all use 2H weapons. Unless they bring back single-minded fury, there is already very little competition for STR 1 handers. Blizzard won't and shouldn't shuffle around specs weapons just to give Frost DK the choice. Trying to balance it would be a nightmare, taking into consideration that you could only use one Runeforge. Even if there were no restrictions and you could opt into 2H Frost at the cost of DPS, that would be confusing for new players and also terrible for personal loot.

I don't wanna be that guy, but 2H Frost is dead and I think it's better for the game as a whole that way. I'd rather have decent balance and be locked into a weapon type than to have the choice of weapon and a rollercoaster of balance changes.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    I get that you enjoy playing a Rogue. But many of us do not want to look like a Rogue while playing a Death Knight.
    And that is because we are Death Knights. Not Rogues.
    Doesn't matter what YOU want

It isn't happening, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    Doesn't matter what YOU want

It's not about ME. It's about WE. And what the majority want does matter.

I think YOU should get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    That’s what people were saying about Classic WoW. Frost DK will get 2H back at some point and it will be because we persistently demanded it.

Currently on beta you can make a build for 2-handed frost that works alright at 110. Also noticed that when you have 2-handed weapon equipped on your frost dk you can transmog it into your frost artifact weapons so the code is already in game for them to make 2 x 1-handed weapons to look like a single 2-handed weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by masticator View Post
    Also noticed that when you have 2-handed weapon equipped on your frost dk you can transmog it into your frost artifact weapons so the code is already in game for them to make 2 x 1-handed weapons to look like a single 2-handed weapon.
    And all they have to do is enable this without restriction and 99% of these threads go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    I don't think it's a waste of time to keep a steady stream of discontent going about this issue. This is part of the process of getting what you want from a developer. I'm not saying it's going to be there for BfA launch, but sometime in the future, I could see them caving

*cough* Enhancement Shaman *cough*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    It's not about ME. It's about WE. And what the majority want does matter.

I think YOU should get over it.
    and you dont have any proof majority wants a 2hand for frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    What I've learned from MMO-champion;

1) Posting in favor of a change I support = constructive feedback

2) Posting in favor of a change I don't support = whining
    Just like down below...if they don't agree it's a garbage thread!

Quote Originally Posted by -Gr- View Post
    *cough* Enhancement Shaman *cough*
    Shaman's root was in dual wield. The art from WC3 even included bearclaws. DSK's roots are entirely 100% in two handers. Even Thassarian uses them. Trollbane, the frost DK on the Four Horsemen, uses a two hander as well.

So, it's not even remotely a similar comparison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    So you waste time on something your passionate about?
    When you know it is absolutely pointless, fucking yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    and you dont have any proof majority wants a 2hand for frost.
    We had a poll going while Beta was progressing with enough people voting to ascertain that the majority would be in favor of Frost using a 2H weapon in some form or fashion.
    But honestly, why would you even think that the majority of the DK playerbase would be against more choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    When you know it is absolutely pointless, fucking yes.
    It’s not pointless. Blizzard always say no at first. Look at WoW classic. 2 years ago people also said it was pointless to complain aboute that.