Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    It's not just you, Holy has to react to stuff way faster in the first phase due to their reliance on Shackle Undead to counter most of the critical mechanics. It's basically as if all of those abilities happen ~1.25 sec faster due to the cast time.
    At least the final phase has some wiggle room thanks to angel form if you die.

I have gotten the ones i want (not doing MM or BM or affliction coz the appearances are awful and the specs look very boring in bfa, also my hunter just has insignia, i could probably do the MM one since it looks easier than the frost one)

Hardest Is hard to say I thought the tank challenges were hard but it was just hard first time and got easier over time, Prot paladin was definetly the easiest homever (it was my second tank spec i got-.... no that was warrior so prot was 3rd)

As for hardest.

Well probably frost mage or frost dk.

Arcane was just stupid amounts of easy.

just arcane blast and do mechanics.

Outlaw was very easy. But i enjoy the thunderfury appearance more.

Sub was abit annoying coz of the adds in void phase. (have to slow with combo points) but became easier after blinding an add

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I tried last night having zero experience with Brewmaster and it was not pretty. It's a shock coming off of paladin and DH. Their mitigation methods are really confusing to me and I'm still not used to their poor self healing. I'm debating whether or not to keep trying, especially since I'm not sure I like the spec enough to bother with a skin that'll be locked to it.
    Unfortunately neither Paladin nor DH offer many similarities to explain how Brewmaster works. In some ways it's like playing a warrior with ignore pain. The point is to avoid taking the damage - in this case by having a big stagger pool and then clearing it before it hits your HP versus by having massive Ignore Pains up to soak.

When you do need the healing, which shouldn't be that often, the orbs are plenty.

If you're trying to heal through damage yourself you're in for a very rough ride. There just isn't enough you can do. Focus on understanding stagger and you'll get it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Todrazok View Post
    Congrats on getting 36/36, but I have to disagree regarding Fury Warrior. Agatha is one of the easier challenges and I did it on my Warrior the first time Mage Tower was up in EU with 890 ilvl or so equipped.
    Then it means I really suck at fury, besides some dmg windows I feel I couldn't do damage oh well not everyone can play all specs properly i guess

Imo tank ones was hardest and between 3 tanks i did the challenge on Prot pala was hardest for me .

I've done:

Paladin - All
    Monk - All
    Druid - All
    Mage - Fire & Frost

From the ones I've completed, BrM was the hardest... until I realized Niuzao had his Taunt turned off Then it would probably be Guardian because of no Lego's. Prot Pally wasn't so bad for me due to being the best geared.

Trying to get Arcane Mage done, but without the right Lego's and poorly optimized gear, it's giving me trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Unfortunately neither Paladin nor DH offer many similarities to explain how Brewmaster works. In some ways it's like playing a warrior with ignore pain. The point is to avoid taking the damage - in this case by having a big stagger pool and then clearing it before it hits your HP versus by having massive Ignore Pains up to soak.

When you do need the healing, which shouldn't be that often, the orbs are plenty.

If you're trying to heal through damage yourself you're in for a very rough ride. There just isn't enough you can do. Focus on understanding stagger and you'll get it soon.
    Working on BM Monk @ iLvL 920 atm, seems significantly harder than the other tanks. I got frustrated and switched to a 920 prot paladin (with holy legendaries) and 1-shot it. couldn't believe how much easier the prot paladin was compared to BM Monk.

Having said that the prot pally has one of the best skins of them all. Flails FTW

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got one left to do tomorrow (Assassination) and then I'll have finished all the ones I want. Ranking the ones I've done:

Hardest
    Prot Pally
    Guardian
    Demo
    Outlaw
    Havoc
    Balance
    Elemental
    MM
    Survival
    Enhancement
    Retribution
    Affliction (Mortal Coil cheese)
    Destruction
    Unholy
    Windwalker
    Feral
    Beast Mastery
    Easiest

The tank challenges were both significantly harder than any of the DPS challenges. Prot Pally was the one that took me the most tries at ~35. All of the Agatha and Feltotem challenges were 1-2 tries with the exception of Outlaw, which took closer to 10 due to Umbral Imps and Shield timings lining up in a strange way that wiped me 3-4 times. I didn't have that problem on any of the other specs, so no idea what the deal was with that. It didn't help that Outlaw's kit is fairly bad for the fight compared to, say, Unholy or Feral.

Can I resub and just go faceroll Feral challenge today or it is too late? I want that skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Can I resub and just go faceroll Feral challenge today or it is too late? I want that skin.
    Yup, you've still got ~ 31 hours before maintenance.

Hardest is outlaw. My rogue is about 940 and cant even force Agatha to teleport once. Before dying.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokom View Post
    Yup, you've still got ~ 31 hours before maintenance.
    My gear is not up to date though. Only around 880 I think.

Ive gotten 22 done so far but i still havent completed a Tank or Healing challenge yet.

I simply dont know squat about tanking or healing though i will say iam slightly more better at tanking than healing but that isnt helping me out much.

DPS wise the hardest for me is the Frost and Arcane Mage and its only cause i simply dont have the healing legendary for Arcane or Sephuz for Frost that would help me out so much.

Well iam gonna be going balls to the walls tomorrow so lets see how many i end up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Hardest is outlaw. My rogue is about 940 and cant even force Agatha to teleport once. Before dying.
    All of the damage in P1 is avoidable if you do mechanics correctly, which basically consists of "kill imps, don't stand in purple swirls, use Gouge/Kick a lot". You should absolutely melt the imps with Mark for Death spam at 940. I did it at 910 with no legos and it wasn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    My gear is not up to date though. Only around 880 I think.
    Still plenty of time to get gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Orz View Post
    Ive gotten 22 done so far but i still havent completed a Tank or Healing challenge yet.

I simply dont know squat about tanking or healing though i will say iam slightly more better at tanking than healing but that isnt helping me out much.

DPS wise the hardest for me is the Frost and Arcane Mage and its only cause i simply dont have the healing legendary for Arcane or Sephuz for Frost that would help me out so much.

Well iam gonna be going balls to the walls tomorrow so lets see how many i end up with.
    The tank challenge has very little to do with tanking... some mitigation in the phase 2 but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    The tank challenge has very little to do with tanking... some mitigation in the phase 2 but that's about it.
    Yeah i find i can almost nuke the guy with my CDs but then i Valen seems to die cause i was too busy killing the boss and killing the eyes.

I know i need to pick up the other adds but it seems when i do i dont seem to know which def CDS to use and either i get blasted or Valen does.

But its all about practice and tomorrow iam going balls to the wall to get at least Prot Pally and BDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Orz View Post
    Yeah i find i can almost nuke the guy with my CDs but then i Valen seems to die cause i was too busy killing the boss and killing the eyes.

I know i need to pick up the other adds but it seems when i do i dont seem to know which def CDS to use and either i get blasted or Valen does.

But its all about practice and tomorrow iam going balls to the wall to get at least Prot Pally and BDK.
    If you take too many stacks from the Inq Aura, then the adds will wreck you. Otherwise you don't really need def CD's in Phase 1, gather the adds and use and orb to heal up and stun them while cleaving them down. You can also pull Varis to the center of the platform at the beginning while helps pickup up the adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    If you take too many stacks from the Inq Aura, then the adds will wreck you. Otherwise you don't really need def CD's in Phase 1, gather the adds and use and orb to heal up and stun them while cleaving them down. You can also pull Varis to the center of the platform at the beginning while helps pickup up the adds.
    Thanks for the advice i will try that tommorrow

I've done 7/7 of challenges, but not all specs. Mostly between 905-915 ilvl on my characters.

I found them all challenging and kind of annoyed how much specific legendaries trivialize them on some specs.

The ones I struggled most with were...

Resto druid
    Outlaw
    Prot pally
    Guardian druid
    Frost mage

The easiest were... like super, duper easier.

Unholy
    Feral
    Fire
    Enhance

Currently stuck on Brewmaster because of their terrible self healing... Out of shards until tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2018-07-16 at 08:50 AM.