Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They are based off the demon bats we see in the legion, the demon hunter class mount is one.
    it is weird though these are supposed to be bats, but they arnt they are gargoyles

I meant more in the manner of the whole base model aKa Plague Bats as a whole, not just this one.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Legion invasions gave something more important: Experience. Blizzard confirm this won’t. I logged on for the Legion pre patch every day because I enjoyed using it to level alts.

The mount is nice, but it’s not something you work towards, so it doesn’t provide reason to log on until it’s actually available.
    Obviously this is a concious choice by Blizzard. They just made leveling much more time demanding. Would make no sense at all to make an event that allowed you to level for free like in Legion pre patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They are based off the demon bats we see in the legion, the demon hunter class mount is one.
    it is weird though these are supposed to be bats, but they arnt they are gargoyles

- - - Updated - - -

the experiance was not intended, it was a bug, so yes they did, but so too did X give infinite gold, that does not mean other things are worse because they were not bugged.
    What? Of course it was intended that they give experience. They tweaked it numerous times to make sure you couldn’t just AFK and get it. They wouldn’t tweak it if it was a bug. In the end they increased the exp per mob and decreased the completion exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytalon View Post
    I meant more in the manner of the whole base model aKa Plague Bats as a whole, not just this one.

you mean how they look nothing like this gargoyle we have gotten?

- - - Updated - - -

What? Of course it was intended that they give experience. They tweaked it numerous times to make sure you couldn’t just AFK and get it. They wouldn’t tweak it if it was a bug. In the end they increased the exp per mob and decreased the completion exp.
    no it was not intended, stated by blizzard themselves.
    1. it was supposed to give exp, but it was supposed to be more for "low levels could compete and gain about the same much as if they were questing during that time."
    2. it gave insanely way too much exp.
    3. if it was what it would have exp wise, people trying to level would have done their best to avoid them, instead of ONLY leveling with them.

7+ Year Old Account
    ---
    you mean how they look nothing like this gargoyle we have gotten?
    That actually looks more like a bat than a gargoyle, though.
    Last edited by Tinytalon; 2018-07-16 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Image was stretching the reply too much, snipped it off.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Because Small Indie Company
    i dont think you get what that final line means...
    so to inform you, it makes the content come one week at a time as the "war goes on" instead of a long war only taking 30 minutes it takes 3 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

That actually looks more like a bat than a gargoyle, though.
    yes? it does, they are plague bats, and this mount we are getting is not a bat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    no it was not intended, stated by blizzard themselves.
    1. it was supposed to give exp, but it was supposed to be more for "low levels could compete and gain about the same much as if they were questing during that time."
    2. it gave insanely way too much exp.
    3. if it was what it would have exp wise, people trying to level would have done their best to avoid them, instead of ONLY leveling with them.
    They didn’t nerf the experience. They changed how you obtained it but it remained the same throughout the event. That to me says that it isn’t a bug and it’s why the event was so loved.

If it was a bug they’d have put the nerf hammer to it within the day.

I'd like to know if the quest chain will be account wide? (if I complete it on my main do I have to run all the quests again with each one of my alts or it is unlocked for all) also if I complete it on a horde character do I get both mounts or I have to complete it once again on my alliance character to get the alliance version?

7+ Year Old Account
    yes? it does, they are plague bats, and this mount we are getting is not a bat.
    For the love of Fyora, are you literally arguing about when I called it a bat just to describe which one I was talking about? I am well aware it's not an actual bat, it's more of a gargoyle, which I believe I already expressed quite a few times by now. It's like saying "That cat over there" about a photo with tiger, wolf, bear and a hawk. People are well aware which one I meant and I'm well aware it's a tiger, not a house cat.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

They didn’t nerf the experience. They changed how you obtained it but it remained the same throughout the event. That to me says that it isn’t a bug and it’s why the event was so loved.

If it was a bug they’d have put the nerf hammer to it within the day.
    no, they nerfed it, nerfed it quite abit.

so 3x duration of expansions (example)
    but 1/3rd experiance
    guess what buddy
    thats A NERF

- - - Updated - - -

For the love of Fyora, are you literally arguing about when I called it a bat just to describe which one I was talking about? I am well aware it's not an actual bat, it's more of a gargoyle, which I believe I already expressed quite a few times by now. It's like saying "That cat over there" about a photo with tiger, wolf, bear and a hawk. People are well aware which one I meant and I'm well aware it's a tiger, not a house cat.
    No im saying idk why its called a plague bat when its not a bat, thats all im saying.

Saurfang, first orc paladin and Gen is secretly evil(something is off about him) im calling it now

Deleted
    no, they nerfed it, nerfed it quite abit.

so 3x duration of expansions (example)
    but 1/3rd experiance
    guess what buddy
    thats A NERF

- - - Updated - - -

No im saying idk why its called a plague bat when its not a bat, thats all im saying.
    He didnt say they reduced the experience by 66% tho. He just said reduced. By all means that could be a buff to total accumulated experience since you get to do three of them instead of one

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    He didnt say they reduced the experience by 66% tho. He just said reduced. By all means that could be a buff to total accumulated experience since you get to do three of them instead of one
    thing is as people tested it, they found it far less, and again yes you can do 3x more, but you are taking 3x longer for less exp, so yes you may have gained "abit" more exp, but it was over a MUCH longer period.
    also each gave actually less then they did before.
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613131957
    it gaves 40-50k exp then after it started giving 12k meaning less then 1/3
    https://twitter.com/devolore/status/765617107933405184
    Lore even said this, before it was nerfed AGAIN one day later.
    but yes when lore said that, it was true, if you did them all you got more exp then before, but no where near enough
    for example
    before 1hour=100k exp
    after 3 hours=250k exp
    yes so you could get more exp from your "daily invasions" but the issue was you got less per hour.

this guy sorta put it well, yes there was more potential experiance, but experiance per hour dropped pretty hard.
    so before it was far more efficient for levleing lots of chars, while after you couldent really very well.

oh yeah also trhis
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asions-XP-nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    So every four hours, we had two invasions.

Now, every two hours, we get three invasions.

XP has been reduced by half.

So assuming, for calculation sake, that one old event was worth "10" xp. Every four hours, you would get 20 xp. (10x2)

Now, it's worth 5. Every four hours, you get 6 events, so 6x5 is 30.

So we could say the XP got boosted, not nerfed.
    This does it well, yes while it is an exp boost for total it is less exp per hour.

for example you work a god that you make 20$ an hour but only work 8 hours a day (160$)
    you work a job that is 15$ an hour for 12 hours a day. (180$)
    so yes while the top one is less then the lower, what one do you prefer?
    What is more important, 20$ or 4 hours?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-07-16 at 09:19 AM.

Deleted
    thing is as people tested it, they found it far less, and again yes you can do 3x more, but you are taking 3x longer for less exp, so yes you may have gained "abit" more exp, but it was over a MUCH longer period.
    also each gave actually less then they did before.
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613131957
    it gaves 40-50k exp then after it started giving 12k meaning less then 1/3
    https://twitter.com/devolore/status/765617107933405184
    Lore even said this, before it was nerfed AGAIN one day later.
    but yes when lore said that, it was true, if you did them all you got more exp then before, but no where near enough
    for example
    before 1hour=100k exp
    after 3 hours=250k exp
    yes so you could get more exp from your "daily invasions" but the issue was you got less per hour.
    You got lesss per hour but you still got so much more then you would doing anything else that it was actually a buff to overall gain. ALso each invasion took like 5-10 minutes tops

You got lesss per hour but you still got so much more then you would doing anything else that it was actually a buff to overall gain. ALso each invasion took like 5-10 minutes tops
    except that is not a buff to overall gain.
    because if you had 4 or 5 alts to level you NEVER had down time.
    so you had much more gains, it was very much a nerf, yes if you had 1 toon, and did not care about your time, yes it was an increase. but again look at the math above.

before 10xp an hour-1 mission
    after 5 xp per hour-3 missions

now lets say you had 12 hours to play a day.
    you could do 12x10=120
    or
    12x5=60
    so while yes if you have one toon you can get
    10x1=10
    or
    5x3=15
    then there is down time inbetween
    but if you had a bunch of alts THERE WAS NO DOWN TIME.

again it was a drastic nerf to exp per minute, and even then the numbers were still wrong and even if you did all three it was less then the 2 or 1 before.

do i rerally need to explain math for you?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-07-16 at 09:23 AM.

Why people are still complaining ? I dont like to reroll and my main is the same since ending of Vanilla... but I've got most of classes at lvl 100 or 110... have you still classes to lvl up ? Some people just reroll the same class in other races ? I don't get the "usual complainer" on MMO champ :s

Ultra casuals or new players should just STFU and quit the game if they think it's still too "tedious" to level up

And seriously, I've leveled up a mage and a priest from 1 to 100 with these invasions... and it was NOT fun at ALL and I've not played these 2 toons since they hit 100
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-07-16 at 09:28 AM.

also they took about 15 minutes (NOT 5-10 minutes tops...)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N527YgM0eE
    here is a vid of someone who got one done in 13 minutes, and they were allready 30% through, and the start is slow as everyone flies out to find stuff.
    also you seem to forget travel time exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRBt-elNg4o
    fastest i can find at 10 minutes, and dun morogh was the fastest as everything was very close.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It toke literally 40 minutes or so to complete them, in both horde and alliance and that is taking it slow and reading. How could they break it into weeks?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leberman View Post
    "In the end, Alliance players return to Stormwind and Anduin confirms that peace can never be achieved with Sylvanas as warchief."

BS! The same thing goes for the alliance when you have Greymane!
    Sorry but Sylvanas is a public enemy, she is destroying the Horde and willing to destroy the Alliance... for no reason but her own delusion fueled by a desire of revenge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Because Small Indie Company
    Let me help you since you looks like a bit "slower" than other kids.

It is an Invasion, not a Blitzkrieg, hence you get step-by-step any bit of land in enemy territory until you "invade" their homeland.

I hope the alliance will do bad things too, we all know humans can be real scums don't we ?