Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you're hesitant to date in the "MeToo Era", it's probably for the best for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Why do men need to be told 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 times with a restraining order on top before getting the message?
    Because many of our romantic comedies are literally about getting the girl by trying over and over until she finally says yes. And because said romantic comedies also broadcast the message that woman don't really know that they want to say yes at first so when they say "no" men shouldn't take that at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    If you're hesitant to date in the "MeToo Era", it's probably for the best for everyone.

Because many of our romantic comedies are literally about getting the girl by trying over and over until she finally says yes. And because said romantic comedies also broadcast the message that woman don't really know that they want to say yes at first so when they say "no" men shouldn't take that at face value.
    Well, then the human gene pool is indeed better served if said men won't contribute to it. I think I've only ever seen one good romantic comedy, and that was Silver Linings. Still wouldn't take cues from the leading female role when pursuing guys myself.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's funny because all the people complaining about what he said, and how that is happening in response to his comments. Is exactly what he means.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Deleted
    Why do men need to be told 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 times with a restraining order on top before getting the message?
    "Men", as in all men, don't. Most men don't. A handful of individuals do. Any claim to the contrary would just be outright misandry. Do all women string men along? No. Some do, but not all, nor most. Do all women play hard to get? No. Some do, but not all, nor most. Do all women get upset when a man gives up on them when they tell him "no"? No. Some do, but not all, nor most.

Why not qualify the statement properly. Use the word "some". It's not that hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Well if a girl says 'no' you SHOULD take that at face value. Not comtinue badgering them.

He's famous and therefore should be more cautious but that doesn't mean he'll be labeled a rapist for flitting. Just cut it out if you're met with a 'no.'
    If men did that most of us would not be in happy relationships.
    My wife of 7 years turned me down 3 times before we went on our first date.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    If men did that most of us would not be in happy relationships.
    My wife of 7 years turned me down 3 times before we went on our first date.
    That means you kept chasing her - twice - after she said no, which is 2 violations of consent, which makes you a rapist

And if you think that's dumb, yes it is

I must have some kind of gift because I've managed to get to 35 without accidentally raping a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    That means you kept chasing her - twice - after she said no, which is 2 violations of consent, which makes you a rapist

And if you think that's dumb, yes it is
    Don't worry Xarim, most people think everything you say is dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Poor baby, perhaps he needs to take lessons from normal guys on how to not behave if he fears that his behaviour could start something?
    Outside of the internet and the ever growing incel movement, guys and women continue dating and hooking up just as they always have. Some are just salty that their rotten feelings of entitlement won't be met with a chuckle and the old "boys will be boys!"-chestnut.

- - - Updated - - -

... And what exactly is so difficult about just taking a "nah" or "no" at face value and be done with it? If a guy tells me he's not into me, I won't pursue. Why do men need to be told 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 times with a restraining order on top before getting the message?
    Most guys aren't famous or rich (primary targets for lying sluts). Don't be an idiot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I must have some kind of gift because I've managed to get to 35 without accidentally raping a woman.
    Doesn't mean one of you dates can still change her mind and accuse you of it anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I realize you're being sarcastic here, but hopefully people do understand that asking a girl out a second or third time is not "rape", "sexual assault" or even "sexual harassment" (unless it's in the workplace).

Quote Originally Posted by Acherus01 View Post
    So basically a guy saying that he's hesitant to initiate flirting with unknown women becuase he is afraid he's advancements may seem intrusive and/or will be blown out of proportion.

... And the public reacts by blowing it out of proportion by calling him "insensitive"... Kinda proving his point.

How dare he have his own opinion?!
    He's getting blasted because he whines about these post-#metoo times just because his old fashion "stalking a girl until she says yes" method might backfire in a way that threatens his public image, rather than just fizzling out. If he had half a brain about it, he would have kept his mouth shut, because his image has now taken a dent without even approaching a girl. I mean, if you prefer the time where women were considered cooks, maids, sex dolls and child dispensers, then keep it to your goddamn self.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Doesn't mean one of you dates can still change her mind and accuse you of it anyway.
    Yeah girls are scary, I hear they give you cooties too.

Imagine how much easier it is to be a woman, they don't have to worry about a man falsely accusing them of rape. Only of them actually raping them kek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I think the "rapist" comment is a bit absurd. No lady will think you are a rapist because you are flirting a bit. Oo
    I don't think there should be a chase after a "no". If the woman says "no" I expect her to mean "no" and not be coy and want to be chased despite that.
    check Morgan Freeman 'accusations', that most ppl - including the accusers coworkers - consider it bullsh8t, yet it is a legal case that still in debate, and he may even pay a fine and/or go jail because of it
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    ""I do think there's a bit of a double standard, you know," he said, according to the Independent. "I mean, if a girl shouts something like 'Oi, love, fancy a shag?' to me as I walk past I do sometimes wonder how she'd feel if a builder said that to her. Although, of course, I wouldn't feel physically threatened, as she might."

That line of thought is 100% legitimate and not insensitive/tone deaf in any fucking way
    Yeah and if a woman says that to him, it's harassment. There's no double standard. What there is though is a tendency for dudes to think getting cat called is awesome - i.e. they welcome the behavior. But if you're a guy and you get cat called it is completely the same as if a girl gets cat called by a guy. And if it bothers you as a dude you have every right to pursue it as a harassment claim just like a woman does.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    check Morgan Freeman 'accusations', that most ppl - including the accusers coworkers - consider it bullsh8t, yet it is a legal case that still in debate, and he may even pay a fine and/or go jail because of it
    What is the complaint here? If it's a legal case, he'll pay a fine or go to jail based on the results of the case. That's literally due process and how things are supposed to work.

Not every case of harassment is going to follow the Weinstein formula.

Everything about this is a study in what rape hysteria culture looks like, particularly his apology:
    "Having seen the reaction to an article in particular about my feelings on dating and the #metoo movement, I just wanted to apologize for any confusion and misunderstanding that this may have created," the statement began. "Insensitivity was absolutely not my intention.
    Really? Even if you think he said nothing of merit, there's nothing about his comments that should have created any level of distress for anyone. Of course, we live in a moment (hopefully brief) where anything other than sniveling deference to #metoo results in a scolding.

yea well my wife turned me down when i 1st aproached her. 2nd time was a charm and she admitted she wanted to see my try harder. yeah see things arent so black or white with women. they play these shitty catch me games that can cause you problems. ofc im not talking about every woman on the planet but many do this
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Everything about this is a study in what rape hysteria culture looks like, particularly his apology:

Really? Even if you think he said nothing of merit, there's nothing about his comments that should have created any level of distress for anyone. Of course, we live in a moment (hopefully brief) where anything other than sniveling deference to #metoo results in a scolding.
    Saying something ridiculous is worthy of ridicule.

"I'm afraid to date because I might be accused of rape" IS a ridiculous thing to say. I know the sweaty incel culture online is trying to condition you to believe it isn't, but it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Saying something ridiculous is worthy of ridicule.

"I'm afraid to date because I might be accused of rape" IS a ridiculous thing to say. I know the sweaty incel culture online is trying to condition you to believe it isn't, but it is.
    Indeed, Henry Cavill has obviously been brainwashed by sweaty incel culture to think this way! It definitely has nothing to do with seeing fellow entertainers have their lives disrupted if not downright ruined by #MeToo's guilty until proven innocent show trials in the court of public opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Indeed, Henry Cavill has obviously been brainwashed by sweaty incel culture to think this way! It definitely has nothing to do with seeing fellow entertainers have their lives disrupted if not downright ruined by #MeToo's guilty until proven innocent show trials in the court of public opinion...
    Yet Trump bragged that he sexually assaults women and he's President.

If you think that your actions on a date may turn into a rape accusation you need to either -
    a) Figure out what you are doing wrong before dating - OR -
    b) Not date

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    People like Harvey Weinstein, who forced himself on God knows how many women over the years, raped several, and destroyed the careers of anyone who spoke out against him?

Kevin Spacey, who's been accused of abuse by 16 different people?

Louis C.K., who admitted to making women watch him beat off?

Kind of seems like it's pretty easy to avoid doing those things accidentally.