Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    It is clear to me that the mage tower was considered a flop by Blizzard. I would guess that the only reason for this would be if only a tiny, TINY percentage of 110 characters have either unlocked, or, attempted to unlock the xmog. Obviously whenever there is a poll on mmo-c, 180% of players have completed every single challenge for every single spec on every single class, but i suspect the truth is quite different.

Why would Blizzard not continue the Mage Tower, with new challenges in the next expansion? It could have been with armor sets this time.
    Delusional much? Are you on some kind of medicine? If not then perhaps you should be

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Because when I did it, I didn't think Blizzard would go full retardation and super-charge our artifact weapon to make it doable by every pleb and their mother.

Not that they were particularly difficult once you overgeared them with Argus gear, but still, this last minute free hand out really ruined the value of it.

Yes, because it's definitely that 14 year old model that makes the Spectral Tiger the most sought after mount in the game.
    Most expensive and most sought after isnt the same thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    I honestly don't see why they didn't cap it at 'X' ilvl.
    Time after time naive people fails to understand that this game is a business model. It would be idiotic not to make it scale with ilvl. Majority of wow playerbase would never be able to complete it.

There's really only one way to be known as a good PvE player in wow and it hasn't changed since vanilla. The players you do progress raiding with will remember your skill even after many years. Sure you can showoff some best current gear and stuff to random players if that makes you tick, but that doesn't last long. Also most raiding achievements can be bought with their included mounts.

everyone knows that very early on, mythic raiders were selling high key runs for gold.
    That did not happen unless you use non-conventional definitions of "early on", "mythic raiders" and "high keys".

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Most expensive and most sought after isnt the same thing.
    Not a perfect equivalence maybe, but a strong correlation. And either way the point stands, if uniqueness wasn't a thing nobody would care in the slightest about a 14 year old tiger model, when in fact the opposite is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I found the twins super easy as frost, and it was one of my first times playing the spec - no legendaries, 910ish ilvl but the stupidly buff artifact.
    Yeah, the super buff artifact gives classes with bursty DPS a major leg up. If I did frost now, it would be a lot easier.

Without the artifact, if you killed too many of the adds you had FoF proc problems, and your DPS tanked.

Deleted
    Not a perfect equivalence maybe, but a strong correlation. And either way the point stands, if uniqueness wasn't a thing nobody would care in the slightest about a 14 year old tiger model, when in fact the opposite is true.
    That doesnt mean things cant be cool even if they arent unique though :/

Also contrary to popular belief not everyone has 950+ ilvl

I thought every single one was easy except Prot Paladin and Arcane Mage.

Prot Paladin i couldnt get the hang of the spinning hammers, and Arcane Mage came after Ret Paladin/Enhance Shaman where you literally have to try to die so I wasn't used to making zero mistakes (due to no self heal).

Mage Tower was some of the most memorable and fun content I have experienced in Legion.

Yes, because it's definitely that 14 year old model that makes the Spectral Tiger the most sought after mount in the game.
    Go on with your bad self, only enjoying things nobody has. You'll lead a long happy life.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought overall the mage tower was very successful. people seemed to enjoy having a challenge.
    Hi

Deleted
    It is clear to me that the mage tower was considered a flop by Blizzard. I would guess that the only reason for this would be if only a tiny, TINY percentage of 110 characters have either unlocked, or, attempted to unlock the xmog. Obviously whenever there is a poll on mmo-c, 180% of players have completed every single challenge for every single spec on every single class, but i suspect the truth is quite different.

Why would Blizzard not continue the Mage Tower, with new challenges in the next expansion? It could have been with armor sets this time.
    50bucks that your parents are siblings.

Quote Originally Posted by webw0lf359 View Post
    The huge numbers of players outside that door re-feeding for another try strongly suggest otherwise. It is a total success (though I feel they could of made it permanent a while a go and removed it on the 'empowerment')
    Exactly. It reminded me of seeing other guilds during corpse runs in vanilla. It was like “hah, you failed too!”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Yes. And it still is. Your achievement completion date will forever record your eliteness.
    But it was also designed to get easier with gear. You knew this before it was released.

I don't know why this would be a problem for anyone or would make them pointless, it was a fun challenge with cool rewards. The fact that others have also completed it doesn't diminish the achievement and satisfaction of getting them early.
    The mage tower wasnt fun at all anoyying piece of crap fights wih huge imblaces between specs/classes and what legednaries you had, breeze with X but hard without X legendary.The repeated shard cost, for longest time oly being uo sometimes, and it not being unique for evry single spec.

IF they do it again soemthing liek shold be preset stats that cant be changed and unique for evry spec. At evry least unique for evry spec else they shouldnt bother with it.
    Oh and timelocked aswell which sucks, should Always be avaible stuff should be avaible, if they had preset stast it would be challenge no matetr your gear adn lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Go on with your bad self, only enjoying things nobody has. You'll lead a long happy life.
    I never claimed it was the healthiest thing to do, which it isnt, just that going by everything we see in game, a lot of people values the exclusivity of items very very high.

i am more upset that they put a lot of effort into some skins and little to no creativity into others. looking at frost dk, all hunter skins, the subtility rogues, balance druid, fire and arcane mage, arms warrior, shadow priest or even the blood dk one. regarding hunters, will they ever get one decent looking tier set in the future? the only good looking weapong skin was the balance of power bow for MM this expac.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Mage Tower was a flop, but not because it was unpopular. It was a flop because Blizzard wrongfully assumed that they had assimilated the classes to a point that they could be given activities each with the same mechanic behind them.

They were wrong in that they assumed each class could simply perform mechanics another class could not. I consider the Tower a flop out of their sheer stupidity. Who the fuck looks at the tank challenge and thinks that it would be the same difficulty for a tank DH and a Prot Paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    i am more upset that they put a lot of effort into some skins and little to no creativity into others. looking at frost dk, all hunter skins, the subtility rogues, balance druid, fire and arcane mage, arms warrior, shadow priest or even the blood dk one. regarding hunters, will they ever get one decent looking tier set in the future? the only good looking weapong skin was the balance of power bow for MM this expac.
    Well, these things are very subjective. Imho fire, balance and especially blood were some of the best ones, and I think the same on pretty much every post I read with the same message. Because there has been a lot, but they all mention different skins as being the "worst ones with no effort put into them".

Except hunters. Everyone agrees they got shafted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    They were wrong in that they assumed each class could simply perform mechanics another class could not. I consider the Tower a flop out of their sheer stupidity. Who the fuck looks at the tank challenge and thinks that it would be the same difficulty for a tank DH and a Prot Paladin?
    Well they did scale them different and sometimes they tweaked the abilities quite a bit. But yeah the comparison in quality between the mage towers and the green fire shows that one for each class wouldve been worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I believe you, but I am amazed that someone went into Twins on the first time it was up and got it on the first try without having practiced/seen a vid or something. That fight has a lot of moving parts, especially for Frost. I'm always skeptical of those claims of one shot, no idea what they were doing, tossed some buttons on a bar and facerolled.

Tugar is dead easy (I just did it on Destro at 887 ilevel with one leggo at 970) and that still took me like 15 tries because of stupid overlapping abilities RNG and getting a feel for a toon I haven't seriously played since MoP. Could I have just "one shot it"? Idk.
    We're EU, so we had videos since it was up in US before that. Still, there were no timers for DBM or Bigwigs (I'm guessing that's implemented by now, haven't done any mage tower challenge since then), and it was still pretty hard tbh, even with watching a video beforehand. As Enhancement, I had to face Sigryn, and I didn't have any defensive legendaries back then. I can't tell you how often I died because I missed a vocal cue (and the ability that followed), or misjudged the path of the valkyries, or, after a few hours of trying, failing to set my focus on her, wondering why I'm dead even though I pressed the focus kick macro. Lots of stuff happening there, and pretty much everything meant instant death if you missed it.

Definitely was a challenge, especially after getting so used to Bigwigs making my whole screen flash if something important happens.
    Last edited by reauxmont; 2018-07-16 at 03:27 PM.