Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tulopwill View Post
    Seriously? I'm a Putinista? Because I was chiding the US for a lack of response over Russian aggression in Ukraine?

And no, the US is not family. In WWII it let the Uk get bombed for two years and only entered the war when the Battle Of Britain was over. It subsequently made a lot of money bankrupting Britain when it took over control of our monetary system as we struggled to pay back war debt.
    The US did not intervene directly in any British conflict, not in Suez, the Falkland Islands and many US citizens actively funded the IRA in Northern Ireland. By contrast we supported the US in numerous stupid wars.

Either way, you can carry on sucking yank dick if you like, looks like we are electing Jeremy Corbyn and then finally, we have no more to do with these disgustingly violent, greedy and stupid people.

Oh and Btw you obviously are not representative of your people. 28 per cent trust the Russians, only 25% trust America. That's how popular the US is in Germany-that's not a temporary tiff.
    You're a Putinista because of your pathetic attempt to spread Russian troll propaganda here. You won't divide the West, you're on a fucking gaming forum. Get the fuck outta here.

And the US very much is family. Don't come here talking WW2 bullshit, you know trying to diss the US over what happened to England? Are you mad? If there's a country that has closer ties to Germany, it's the fucking UK.

I'd like to see a source to your statistic. With context, btw. And we'll see what's what, shall we?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Well, as you see plenty of people think otherwise as far as US presence is concerned.

I still remember pitiful display by German minister (i think? can't find that video fast enough) asked by press on German potential input on question on should it or should it not host US nuclear weapons when their return/replacement was announced... do you decide that?

Can you actually opt out?
    I don't know, can you dress yourself in the morning or do you need someone to tie your shoes for you? Idiotic questions don't deserve an answer.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'd like to see a source to your statistic. With context, btw. And we'll see what's what, shall we?
    As far as i understand it, it is mostly Western/Eastern Germany divide.

Western Germany is pretty much "Western Average" as far as Russia is concerned; Eastern Germany is a lot more understanding/sympathetic of Russia, however, and that drives numbers upward.

That divide still lingers 30 years after "re-unification".

I don't know, can you dress yourself in the morning or do you need someone to tie your shoes for you? Idiotic questions don't deserve an answer.
    Question is "can you decide to host or not host US nuclear weapons despite of your country being anti-nuclear?"

And obvious answer is no, you cannot. If US decides it needs them there, it gets them there, your opinion is irrelevant.

As far as i understand it, it is mostly Western/Eastern Germany divide.

Western Germany is pretty much "Western Average" as far as Russia is concerned; Eastern Germany is a lot more understanding/sympathetic of Russia, however, and that drives numbers upward.

That divide still lingers 30 years after "re-unification".

Question is "can you decide to host or not host US nuclear weapons despite of your country being anti-nuclear?"

And obvious answer is no, you cannot. If US decides it needs them there, it gets them there, your opinion is irrelevant.
    So, no statistic and you made all the shit up in your head? Mkay then...

And we'll decide what gets stationed on our soil. The US can decide to ignore it, but as abducting terrorists and bringing them to the US via Germany has shown, we'll let the US know what they can and cannot do.

Make no mistake, though. As long as it's not hurting Germany, our reaction will usually be rather mild. I know, I know.. Putinistas wished we declared war everytime the US fucked up. Not gonna happen, buddy. Family, remember?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

So, no statistic and you made all the shit up in your head? Mkay then...
    I'm not the one posting statics, you can try waiting for him to respond.

It mostly fits with what i've seen before, however.

And we'll decide what gets stationed on our soil. The US can decide to ignore it, but as abducting terrorists and bringing them to the US via Germany has shown, we'll let the US know what they can and cannot do.
    Or perhaps they just stop reporting it?

Make no mistake, though. As long as it's not hurting Germany, our reaction will usually be rather mild. I know, I know.. Putinistas wished we declared war everytime the US fucked up. Not gonna happen, buddy. Family, remember?
    I fully expect you to submit to US, 2% GDP NATO spending and tariff blackmail included.

Because those are not hurting Germany, no sir!

I fully expect you to submit to US, 2% GDP NATO spending and tariff blackmail included.

Oh, you're right I quoted both of you. Nevermind about those statistics then.

As far as your last statement goes. I'm not sure how 2% GDP NATO spending is going to hurt us. The ironic bit is that we need to increase spending regardless of what the US says. Our military is severely underfunded at the moment. We know that. We're trying to fix it. The whole US spending thing is a PR stunt from Trump to pretend he has power over us. Well, woop-de-doo. We were going to increase spending anyway. It's not a win for him. But why not let him think that. It makes him happy and we don't care what people like you think.

The tariff blackmail? Going over really fucking well for us so far. The only thing we need to do is respond to US action. The EU is robust enough to survive this. The US, however big their economy is, are hurting in very specific areas.

Btw, we are running another surplus... oooh no, where shall we take the money from? LOL.

Deleted

Man, I can already hear the moaning (like a cat in heat) from Countries like Russia, Poland, France etc etc if the Germans were to spend 2%. I mean look how upset posters from those places get when the Germans do something they do not like.
    Can you imagine the amount of salt if the Germans went 2% and became 2nd place in Militarx expenditure?

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Man, I can already hear the moaning (like a cat in heat) from Countries like Russia, Poland, France etc etc if the Germans were to spend 2%. I mean look how upset posters from those places get when the Germans do something they do not like.
    Can you imagine the amount of salt if the Germans went 2% and became 2nd place in Militarx expenditure?
    They would then be considered a threat and everyone will gang up on them again, win-win.

Deleted
    Even if the Germans would spend 2%, they don't have the Prussian military doctrine anymore.

So nothing to worry about for other EU countries.

Quote Originally Posted by tulopwill View Post
    Seriously? I'm a Putinista? Because I was chiding the US for a lack of response over Russian aggression in Ukraine?

And no, the US is not family. In WWII it let the Uk get bombed for two years and only entered the war when the Battle Of Britain was over. It subsequently made a lot of money bankrupting Britain when it took over control of our monetary system as we struggled to pay back war debt.
    The US did not intervene directly in any British conflict, not in Suez, the Falkland Islands and many US citizens actively funded the IRA in Northern Ireland. By contrast we supported the US in numerous stupid wars.

Either way, you can carry on sucking yank dick if you like, looks like we are electing Jeremy Corbyn and then finally, we have no more to do with these disgustingly violent, greedy and stupid people.

Oh and Btw you obviously are not representative of your people. 28 per cent trust the Russians, only 25% trust America. That's how popular the US is in Germany-that's not a temporary tiff.
    Good riddance to the UK if that's what you want, but when Germany starts getting aggressive again this time don't come begging for help, its not our problem, and then if you start trading with our enemies we throw embargo's at you, cut you off from US markets, and toss you straight out of NATO, while declearing you a terrorist state, i mean how does the UK want to play this?
    Last edited by candle86; 2018-07-13 at 12:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Well, as you see plenty of people think otherwise as far as US presence is concerned.

I still remember pitiful display by German minister (i think? can't find that video fast enough) asked by press on German potential input on question on should it or should it not host US nuclear weapons when their return/replacement was announced... do you decide that?

Can you actually opt out?
    Yes they could opt out. But they won't. You keep trying to pretend that the US somehow owns Germany, but it doesn't, and only a few idiots are buying that propaganda. The US and Germany are allies, incredibly strong ones. Germany doesn't need our military there, but it does benefit from it. The US doesn't need to be there, but it greatly benefits from it (Especially the Hospitals and Air Bases). It is mutually beneficial, and both parties get a say in it. The US doesn't occupy Germany any more then it occupies South Korea or Japan. Yes we started out as occupiers, but that was a very long time ago.

What is this madness? US troops would not attack Germany even if Trump told them. I can tell you that much. Nobody would stand for it. No US general, no member of congress. We're one of the closest allies of the US, not quite family but not far away from it. Jesus, listen to yourselves people...

Don't let Trump fuck up your thinking like that. Hands up, who here is a Russian troll wanting to divide the West? C'mon, be honest now...
    I have had this mindset long before Trump became president, foreign troops no matter the nationality are always a wild card, politics change and so do people, if find it incredibly naive to unconditionally believe in ones allies, especially if they have a potential beachhead in ones own country. You may have a deep trust in these kinds of Alliances, I never had and never will.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Easy, reality.
    Russia does lacks the logistic, financial, military capability of invading Europe, let alone holding territory. Even if they were to invade the buildup of such a force would take months to gather and get into position for a invasion.

European defense spending is not low. If you look at actual spending in USD or Euros instead of %. European Countries are some of the top 10 worldwide spenders. Germany for example with its current spending is one of worlds top 10 spenders. If you combine the various European Countries who are NATO they outspend the Americans.

The Americans want Europeans to pay more so they can sell US equipment to them. Especially bloated projects like the F35.
    Ah yes, that's why germans train with broomsticks. because they spend such an incredible amount to keep up with the actual superpowers in the room. No, russia cuts your gas and you'll wither and bend the knee without a shot fired.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Yes they could opt out. But they won't. You keep trying to pretend that the US somehow owns Germany, but it doesn't, and only a few idiots are buying that propaganda. The US and Germany are allies, incredibly strong ones. Germany doesn't need our military there, but it does benefit from it. The US doesn't need to be there, but it greatly benefits from it (Especially the Hospitals and Air Bases). It is mutually beneficial, and both parties get a say in it. The US doesn't occupy Germany any more then it occupies South Korea or Japan. Yes we started out as occupiers, but that was a very long time ago.
    What is the benefit for Germany from having US nuclear weapons there?

And if there is none, what exactly makes them act against their interests/convictions?
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2018-07-13 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Ah yes, that's why germans train with broomsticks. because they spend such an incredible amount to keep up with the actual superpowers in the room. No, russia cuts your gas and you'll wither and bend the knee without a shot fired.
    Deep understand of international affairs you have there. Russian equipment shortages make German ones look quaint. Germany hasn't rolled over for anyone in the last 4,000 years, and I don't see them starting anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by candle86 View Post
    Good riddance to the UK if that's what you want, but when Germany starts getting aggressive again this time don't come begging for help, its not our problem, and then if you start trading with our enemies we throw embargo's at you, cut you off from US markets, and toss you straight out of NATO, while declearing you a terrorist state, i mean how does the UK want to play this?
    And that is the German conundrum in a nutshell.
    Redhats: "Germany needs to increase its military spending and build up so we don't have to pay for them."
    Other, or sometimes the same Redhats: "Germany will go and start conquering countries again with that increased military strength."

@Slant: I'm not making up "shit" . Of course i can only reflect what i'm perceiving, when talking to relatives and friends(I'm living in the federal state where ramstein-miesenbach is located). Also, "Die Linke" as well as members of the SPD have always had a critical perception of the presence of the US-Troops, remember the news, when the drone attacks that might have been launched form ramstein, were made public ? Anyway, it had a reason why I added "probably" inf front of "don't like" . Further don't like is not equal to "Despise" and I wholeheartedly agree with you when you're saying that the West should not let itself be divided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    And that is the German conundrum in a nutshell.
    Redhats: "Germany needs to increase its military spending and build up so we don't have to pay for them."
    Other, or sometimes the same Redhats: "Germany will go and start conquering countries again with that increased military strength."
    Literally does not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktales View Post
    @Slant: I'm not making up "shit" . Of course i can only reflect what i'm perceiving, when talking to relatives and friends(I'm living in the federal state where ramstein-miesenbach is located). Also, "Die Linke" as well as members of the SPD have always had a critical perception of the presence of the US-Troops, remember the news, when the drone attacks that might have been launched form ramstein, were made public ? Anyway, it had a reason why I added "probably" inf front of "don't like" . Further don't like is not equal to "Despise" and I wholeheartedly agree with you when you're saying that the West should not let itself be divided.
    First, Die Linke can hardly be taken serious. They're on the same level of idiocy as the AfD and will oppose just about anything, literally. Being critical of unannounced air strikes happening from German soil, thus making Germany an active part of a war scenario, doesn't really gel well with our constitution. That doesn't mean there's a huge opposition against American presence on our soil. The controversy was that we would have liked the Americans to a) tell us that they're launching air strikes from Germany and b) ask for permission. Which we may or may not have given, but that debate was taken from us by the Americans in a unilateral decision.

Now, criticising that isn't exactly a fundamental opposition to the idea of our allies having bases here. You need to make that distinction, otherwise you'll have a lot of trouble making people understand you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean the defense spending increase for Germany and France will most likely happen by cross ordering from each other's industrial complexes so the money will land back in the economy anyway.
    We don't cross order very much, to be fair. The French do their thing most of the time, so do we. It's not healthy, but the EU defense thing may just change that.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Literally does not happen.
    The post I quoted said "when Germany starts getting aggressive again" and that the UK should be ready for that. When, not if. There are enough people on these very forums who make thinly veiled - or not veiled allusions to a German resurgence of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    The post I quoted said "when Germany starts getting aggressive again" and that the UK should be ready for that. When, not if. There are enough people on these very forums who make thinly veiled - or not veiled allusions to a German resurgence of sorts.
    As they should. Once we have subjugated the EU, as has clearly been our goal right from 1949 onwards, we'll ramp up military spending that'll make the US go green with envy and then we will burn everyone that does not follow our glorious leader (aka Führer in German) into the glorious battle against our ancient foe, Russia!

Or something like that. You gotta keep those Brits entertained. If you don't throw a bit of nazi megalomania in there, they drowse off.