Thread: 2H Frost QNA

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    So you waste time on something your passionate about?
    Seriously? You're passionate about frost dk getting 2handers? Passionate about a cosmetic change in a video game...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It’s not pointless. Blizzard always say no at first. Look at WoW classic. 2 years ago people also said it was pointless to complain aboute that.
    So, clearly, your strategy should be to create 3rd party WoW servers specifically with the intent of giving frost dk 2handers. Then Blizzard will realize there is money being lost and can create a new server-type where your dream becomes a reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    We had a poll going while Beta was progressing with enough people voting to ascertain that the majority would be in favor of Frost using a 2H weapon in some form or fashion.
    But honestly, why would you even think that the majority of the DK playerbase would be against more choice?
    Was the thread the poll was in, related to 2H frost? If so, would it not be logical that the majority of people entering said thread, would indeed be supportive of giving Frost a 2H option? Would those not interested in 2H Frost, bother clicking on a thread - and reading a threat, let alone vote in a poll, where they have interest in the subject at hand?

Claiming that a poll on a fansite is representative of the majority is a pretty bold statement. Are you sure?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    So, clearly, your strategy should be to create 3rd party WoW servers specifically with the intent of giving frost dk 2handers. Then Blizzard will realize there is money being lost and can create a new server-type where your dream becomes a reality.
    Sure. Whatever you say. You are a really likeable person. Bet you’re surrounded by lots of friends who love your sarcastic personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Was the thread the poll was in, related to 2H frost? If so, would it not be logical that the majority of people entering said thread, would indeed be supportive of giving Frost a 2H option? Would those not interested in 2H Frost, bother clicking on a thread - and reading a threat, let alone vote in a poll, where they have interest in the subject at hand?

Claiming that a poll on a fansite is representative of the majority is a pretty bold statement. Are you sure?
    Here is the poll which was made available on the official WoW DK forums:

https://www.strawpoll.me/15914280/r

As you can see, plenty of people voted against 2H Frost. People who had a strong opinion on the subject voted one way or the other.

Life-changing laws are passed every year in our country based on how we as a people vote. But only people with strong interest in politics vote and are subsequently responsible for the changes that affect all of our people. I do not see why WoW class politics should be held to a different standard than real life politics.

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    If you finally want an answer to this question then go upvote my post, it's the only one!
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=14#post-262
    i did'nt vote for it because you put us all in your boat, YOU want it back, but I dont want it back because when it was there with dual, frost dk was pure shit, the pnly time frost dk became a real force on dps is when they finally removed the 2hand that was making it too hard to balance it before that

so YOU want the change , fine, but stop putting us all in it

Here is the poll which was made available on the official WoW DK forums:

https://www.strawpoll.me/15914280/r

As you can see, plenty of people voted against 2H Frost. People who had a strong opinion on the subject voted one way or the other.

Life-changing laws are passed every year in our country based on how we as a people vote. But only people with strong interest in politics vote and are subsequently responsible for the changes that affect all of our people. I do not see why WoW class politics should be held to a different standard than real life politics.
    Life changing laws aren't enacted when only a fraction of 1% of the voting population votes

This isn't a waste of a question.

There isn't another spec that has garnered this much conversation for a simple cosmetic change. Everything you design and code for two 1hnd hand can be combined for a 2hnd. Frost DK's look absolutely ridiculous running around with 6ft long swords clipping into the ground and cinder block sized axes and maces attached to their hips

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treng View Post
    Shaman's root was in dual wield. The art from WC3 even included bearclaws. DSK's roots are entirely 100% in two handers. Even Thassarian uses them. Trollbane, the frost DK on the Four Horsemen, uses a two hander as well.

So, it's not even remotely a similar comparison.
    We aren't talking about WC3. This is about WoW and Enhancement was able to use two handers. It's exactly the same. They took it out because they wanted to just like frost dk.

Transmog Legendaries like Artifacts. Everybody wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Life changing laws aren't enacted when only a fraction of 1% of the voting population votes
    Technically, that is not true.

While the participation in Presidential and Congressional elections are obviously much higher than our current topic, how many people where actually responsible for the repeal of our net neutrality laws? We are talking about a few corporate business leaders and the politicians they paid off. I would argue that sample is a smaller percentage than those who voted for or against 2H Frost.

But with all of that said, once again, do you really think the majority of DKs would vote against more options for their class?

Honestly if it is that hard to balance it within the current spec, why not separate it into two different specs like they did with feral and guardian?
    That way they can both be balanced within their individual specs without affecting the other."
    I've been a 2h frost main since wrath. This expansion was completely disheartening especially since you had to recover the fragments of frostmourne and craft them into dual wield blades. Pretty much a slap in the face for us 2h users.

At this point though, I would love to see a new spec entirely. Maybe something to do with bone related spells similar to the necromancer in diablo 2 and have them be entirely a new ranged dps intellect plate class.
    If I had to choose between those options, I'd go for new spec, but as that is probably never going to happen... bring back my 2h please. I miss my big obliterate crits.

Well, rip. I guess that a frost death knight with remorseless winter and a bunch of blue auras WITH a two handed weapon would be so indistinguishable from an unholy death knight with a ghoul and a gargoyle flying that transmogging two handers is just not a feasible option. The confusion of people in battlegrounds would be just insane really.

Thanks Blizz, ill run around with two fishes as weapons. The class fantasy must be maintained.
    Last edited by loanel; 2018-07-19 at 07:09 PM.

Technically, that is not true.

While the participation in Presidential and Congressional elections are obviously much higher than our current topic, how many people where actually responsible for the repeal of our net neutrality laws? We are talking about a few corporate business leaders and the politicians they paid off. I would argue that sample is a smaller percentage than those who voted for or against 2H Frost.

But with all of that said, once again, do you really think the majority of DKs would vote against more options for their class?
    Appointed/elected officials are more comparable to the devs themselves than to the voting population.

I am all for more choice and think transmog is the only feasible way to make this happen but I also understand that those that make decisions will do so without input if they so choose - much like the net neutrality legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by loanel View Post
    Well, rip. I guess that a frost death knight with remorseless winter and a bunch of blue auras WITH a two handed weapon would be so indistinguishable from an unholy death knight with a ghoul and a gargoyle flying that transmogging two handers is just not a feasible option. The confusion of people in battlegrounds would be just insane really.

Thanks Blizz, ill run around with two fishes as weapons. The class fantasy must be maintained.
    I LOLed so hard at this when Ion said it because it just makes them sound like they have no idea what they're doing.
    Seriously, how in the world can you not tell the different between an Unholy and Frost Death Knight? I guess the giant Remorseless winter and Ghoul aren't enough...sigh.

Personally I like to play a character with a 2h Wep and for sure I would like for Frost to be a 2h weapon specc. However it would seem very unlikely for Blizz to go to that direction as there would be an issue of specc variety, unless they would change Unholy.