Destruction warlock down! 18/36!

Link to the video:

https://streamable.com/h9q3s

I went 1223112 with Doomguard (for his Shadow Lock spell). My weapon was bad with 875 / 890 / 756 relics! My Scepter of Sargeras was only 889. Yuk!

I used several macros to make things easier.

#showtooltip
    --silence Fel Burst
    /tar Tugar
    /cast Shadow Lock(Special Ability)

#showtooltip
    --silence Fel Burst
    /tar Tugar
    /cast Mortal Coil

#showtooltip
    --kill totem!
    /tar Fel Surge
    /cast Immolate

Totems were made easy because the macro autotargetted and killed those. The opener was

1. Pop drums / prolonged power / Soul Harvest and go ham on Tugar.
    2. Hit my Shadow Lock macro for the Fel Burst #1 and keep going ham on Tugar
    3. Jump in the air shortly before Sonic Scream goes off so I don't get silenced, then keep going ham on Tugar
    4. Now Tugar will do an Earthquake and follow it up shortly afterwards with Feb Burst #2. When earthquake ends, and start precasting fear and stop FB #2.
    5. The Bile Spitters (worms) hatch and I cast 1 immolate on each. The DoT kills them. I tried this on the eggs and they hatch before the DoT kills the eggs and the DoT doesn't carry over so I wait for them to hatch.
    6. Back on Tugar.
    7. Be aware to jump for Sonic Scream #2 soon.
    7. When Tugar starts to cast Fel Burst #3, I jump and then hit him with Mortal Coil

That pattern should work every time and get you to where Tugar is under 60% health.

From there its about priorities.

+ If I've lost health, I Drain Life on Tugar to top it off (especially during his earthquakes).
    + If I see Tugar casting Earthquake, I check to see if I need to Drain Life to top off my health and do so if needed.
    + If a Fel Surge totem is dropped, I press my totem kill macro.
    + Worms are less of a priority but hit them all with immolate if you've got time.
    After I silence Tugar, I look at my Shadow Lock and Mortal Coil cooldowns and determine which spell is next. ALWAYS use Shadow Lock next if available because the other 2 need mana. I'm actually repeating to myself the next silencer. So I look over my interrupts and if Shadow Lock is next, I'm repeating to myself "Shadow Lock next". You can eat a Fel Burst with your shield but you'll need to top off quickly again with Drain Life.

Tugar's death means the fight is over. I hovered my mouse over my fear button. If Jormog tries to cast Sonic Scream, just hit fear. Jormog dies.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Frost mage done, 29/36.

What a bitch! People that say frost mage is the easiest mage tower(cheese excluded) are trolling.
    Sure, it's easy if you know what you're doing, but it isn't easier than the other ones still.

My tip would be: don't use frostbolt too much on Karam, try to always keep him in blizzard instead. Try not to run in a big circle around Raest - instead run in a circle closer to him to keep everything in there in blizzard and frozen Orb. If you try to control Karam with frostbolt he will eventually just be too fast and rush you down and you won't have enough damage and time to control him while also trying to nuke down hands and stand in runes.
    I did it without pet and blizzard + frozen orb really is the key.

Took me 9 tries.

Sub rogue and tank challenges left... and I feel drained.

Struggling on Demonology. Sometimes I get past the point where most mechanics shut off but then I fail because I don't DPS Runeseer's shield down fast enough. I had to make a special macro for it.

#showtooltip
    /tar Runeseer
    /cast Call Dreadstalkers

and then I use Hand of Gul'dan on him right afterwards.

However, I haven't gotten to that phase yet since I set that up.

I ALMOST had beaten Demonology about an hour ago but I failed on the shield.

- - - Updated - - -

Demonology down! 19/36!

That took maybe 30 attempts. Saving Dreadstalkers and Hand of Gul'dan strictly for the shield worked.

Link to video:

https://nofile.io/f/x5oa5cMEXvb/demonologymagetower.mp4

The fight is mostly reacting. You need to do a lot of attempts to get used to the calls. Very tough mage tower. I highly doubt we will see very many of these skulls floating around.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Ok, I give up. No 36 club for me and no brewmaster monk skin, which is the last skin I really wanted.

I tried sub rogue, wiped 5 times. Very few tries, but it's just that I know myself, and I won't be able to cycle cooldowns+combo points on the adds in the last phase, so yeah I'm gonna give up after only 5 tries.
    Same reason I'm gonna give up on all the tank challenges aswell. I've tried a handful of times on monk, and I'm not even near(Kruul 22% at best). It's a struggle to get to the second phase because my dps is so low, and I end up having like 3-4 infernals when I get there. Second phase is even more chaotic. There's no way I'm going to be able to handle that many things at once. And even when I used Dave at start of second phase he wouldn't take aggro so I took an annihilate -.-

I still have monday and tuesday, and maybe I'll get some determination and change my mind, but I doubt it.
    Ilvl helped me get 29 of the skins atleast, but the ilvl couldn't drag my clumsy ass through sub rogue and tank challenges.

So in conclusion, here's my list in order of complesion and ilvl;
    29/36

disc priest(930, ~10 tries)
    destro warlock(921, ~10 tries)
    ww monk(918, 1 try)
    bm hunter(928, 1 try)

ele shaman(927, 2 tries)
    feral druid(930, 1 try)
    unholy dk(922, 5 tries)
    fire mage(922, 4-5 tries)

ret paladin(929, 6-7 tries)
    holy paladin(929, 2 tries)
    enha shaman(927, 1 try)
    resto shaman(929, 6-8 tries)

holy priest(932, 10 tries)
    frost dk(921, 9 tries)
    surv hunter(929, 1 try)
    demon warlock(930, 3 tries)

afflic warlock(930, 5 tries)
    assa rogue(915, 1 try)
    arcane mage(932, 1 try)
    outlaw rogue(931, 7 tries)

resto druid(930, 5 tries)
    fury warrior(926, 2 tries)
    mm hunter(930, 2 tries)
    boomkin(930, 1 try)

shadow priest(934, 4 tries)
    havoc dh(924, 14 tries/930, 1 try)
    arms warrior(926, 2 tries)
    mw monk(932, 1 try)
    frost mage(932, 9 tries)

From easiest to most difficult per challenge in my opinion:
    Feltotem: ww monk > bm hunter > disc priest > destro warlock
    Agatha: feral druid > ele shaman > unholy dk > fire mage > fury warrior > outlaw rogue
    Silgryn: assa rogue > enhance sham > demon warlock > arcane mage > ret pala
    Xylem: surv hunter > arms warrior > frost dk > havoc dh > sub rogue
    Twins: mm hunter > boomkin > afflic warlock > shadow priest > frost mage
    Black Rook Hold: holy pala > mw monk > resto sham > resto druid > holy priest
    The Highlord's Return: poop
    Last edited by Explicit Teemo Nudes; 2018-07-15 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    If only you had over a year to do it... They also gave us plenty of warning the appearances would be removed.
    One year having to level up 9 classes which were way under 90, gear them up, obtain legendaries, learn to play three specs per class.... no, it was insane. I went to bed at 5 AM, wake up in only 5 hours and all I thought was to play WoW to level them up and/or obtain gear. I even suffered an anxietty attack, stopped going to the gym, writing and having a good sleep. And, all for what? Virtual appearances that, someday, will be gone forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    One year having to level up 9 classes which were way under 90, gear them up, obtain legendaries, learn to play three specs per class.... no, it was insane. I went to bed at 5 AM, wake up in only 5 hours and all I thought was to play WoW to level them up and/or obtain gear. I even suffered an anxietty attack, stopped going to the gym, writing and having a good sleep. And, all for what? Virtual appearances that, someday, will be gone forever.
    I feel bad for you, because majority of this could have been avoided if you spent more time researching efficient ways to level up & gear up rather than nolife grinding for months.

Now it's kinda too late to give advice, but if you took you so many months with so many hours a day then you must have been doing some stuff that was either unnecessary or suboptimal. Levelling pre 7.3.5 was supposedly much quicker than now. Levelling once you got into Legion areas was quite quick between invasions and various bonus objectives / condensed quest hubs (valsharah > stormheim, any day), if you started levelling when 7.2 came, by the time 7.3 launched the characters would be levelled and then gearing up was mostly the matter of dragging them through world bosses every week and filling gaps with argunite. Legendaries weren't mandatory except maybe for few specs like sub rogue or some tanks. Many people would go with the welfare ring from Argus and either crafted leggo or just the first one that dropped for them.

It seems to me after following several mage tower threads that people went to 915-930 ilvl and that was enough. Yes, there are some people who are more hardcore like Tradu who had every class raid geared, but that's minority and not really a requirement.

About that "learn to play every spec" some challenges require more some less, for example Tugar & Sigryn mostly boil down to "what are my class interrupts and cc available", I've done 36/36 and I swear half the specs I haven't learnt to play and still have no clue. The approach was 1) read a guide for the challenge / watch a video 2) copypasta talents from wowhead spreadsheet 3) read what the abilities and talents of the class do, check keybindings if I need something specific (for example flare on surv hunter or repentance on ret pala) 4) read basic "rotation" of the spec 5) go try it, if failing a lot then check if further improvements are needed. And yes, several times I would fuck up and miss some crucial detail (like disc priest is supposed to reduce damage from every other cast with fade, or that ret pala shouldn't spec into judgement cleave if you want to keep Sigryn repentanced) but in most cases it worked and I didn't need to in-depth learn and practice every single spec in the game.

I don't know if you're one of the perfectionists that needs to have perfect gear, perfect legendaries and perfect class knowledge before you even try, but you paint it as a far more daunting task than it ended up to be for the majority of people here.

But one thing you're right about - in the end, it's not worth losing sleep and nerves over a bunch of pixels. If you decided going for them is not for you, that's fine too. There were and will be plenty of other weapon transmogs.

Still couldn't get Sub done, but Survival was a oneshot, upgraded a <900 relic with Argunite, but I didn't even use consumables before the fight, only wanted a take a first look. Xylem himself is stupidly easy, esp. the intermission. Let one add through on the second wave because I was stupid, but still burst the Shadows down after that.

Then I turned my attention to tanking again, Monk was annoying, but it came down to mechanics. Transcendence more often than not didn't work (read: didn't press fast enough) but it helped in the end.
    ProtWar was different, all about getting self-heal out. Like on my Bear, I died just as Kruul went into RP (phew) but probably because I kicked the second Reflection instead of reflecting it.

After failing miserably on Sigryn a few months ago with Ret and Demo, I tried again with Enh (good to learn the fight), Assa (keep up DoTs to heal with Leeching Poison) and even Ret (spec Justicar's Vengeance to win, basically) and then Demo, the most frantic of them all, but eventually, the ticking Doom and regularly fearing Sigryn to take her out of the picture did it. Runeseer almost got a big cast off, but I guess ticking damage on Sigryn took them low enough, phew.

Now, I'll probably only attempt the remaining Tank ones, DH and Pala, and Balance&Resto on my Druid main, to clear him. Sub... Maybe after that, or maybe I'll try Affli again, was too dumb for that, and FrostMage can suck ass.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Surv completed and that brings my total to 22

I had to finish off the Brawlers guild so i lost valuable MT time today and tommorrow its Frost/Arcane Mage and BDK and Prot Pally.

I seriously aint holding out much hope of completing those tommorrow.

If i cant complete them then iam just gonna finish off Sub rogue and call it a day.

Outlaw is impossible. My rogue is about 940 and ive never gotten Agatha to 50% to make her teleport the first time and ive made 20 tries. I cant get her shield down fast enough and then the 3 imps show up which force me to kill those and by the time i do, im almost dead. I dont think i do anywhere near the DPS i should be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Outlaw is impossible. My rogue is about 940 and ive never gotten Agatha to 50% to make her teleport the first time and ive made 20 tries. I cant get her shield down fast enough and then the 3 imps show up which force me to kill those and by the time i do, im almost dead. I dont think i do anywhere near the DPS i should be doing.
    You live in the US? If so the command centre should be up tommorrow its at 97 percent now

Those buffs will help out greatly

Also like i said leave Blade furry up and use SLice and dice as well as the buffs like Lightblood and sylvan and the 1300 agi flask.

My kill order was Smoldering, Healing then umbrals though wit your gear you can ignore the healing ones and just kill the umbrals that give her a shield and nuke.

Spamming feint with elusiveness talent helps alot if you aint got any healing leggos and just avoid the boulders and make sure to nuke her shield and kick interrupt her cast.

Yes command center is almost built. I'm also not using lightblood potiosn until I get close to the kill reliably because they cost 1250g on my server EACH.

I found a flaw in my DPS and got it higher. Best attempt now is 37% (made Agatha teleport twice).

I think I'll start trying a impkiller macro

#showtooltip
    /castsequence Run Through, Marked for Death, Run Through

Or maybe

#showtooltip
    /castsequence Marked for Death, Run Through

OR perhaps I should try

#showtooltip
    /castsequence Saber Slash, Run Through, Marked for Death, Run Through

Yes command center is almost built. I'm also not using lightblood potiosn until I get close to the kill reliably because they cost 1250g on my server EACH.
    If you are on arathor/drenden HORDE US server i could make you some for free but i feel that you prolly aint

TBH the mats cost next to nothing so just grab the mats and spam people to make it for you

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=247619/lightblood-elixir
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-07-16 at 10:31 AM.

Don't use Marked for Death, you're making it needlessly complicated. Just run Slice and Dice, your vial will be more than enough healing with the Crimson Stomach talent. Just keep your buff up and prioritize killing the imps, single target them and they'll die right away. No fuming imp should survive to leave shit on the ground before she reaches 50%. Also, don't skimp on the consumables so late in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Have you checked all your alts in case someone has a leftover bandage?
    ooh I never used those. Are they lost when you die? I think I have 3-4 of those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Don't use Marked for Death, you're making it needlessly complicated. Just run Slice and Dice, your vial will be more than enough healing with the Crimson Stomach talent. Just keep your buff up and prioritize killing the imps, single target them and they'll die right away. No fuming imp should survive to leave shit on the ground before she reaches 50%. Also, don't skimp on the consumables so late in the game.
    I did my first 2 rogues with S&D, but with enough practice, you can pull it off with MfD as well. You just need to be sure to never use it on Agatha. I strongly recommend using lightblood elixir and falcosaur omelette. Bandages make tries also much easier, they can surely replace command center buffs in my regard.

I also used blade flurry as soon as imps were present.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I did my first 2 rogues with S&D, but with enough practice, you can pull it off with MfD as well. You just need to be sure to never use it on Agatha. I strongly recommend using lightblood elixir and falcosaur omelette. Bandages make tries also much easier, they can surely replace command center buffs in my regard.

I also used blade flurry as soon as imps were present.
    MfD is technically the better tool, but with 940 ilvl (and even lower), it's probably easier to remove some of the class complexity as your power level alone allows you to handle everything just fine. I struggled a lot with MfD because a pro friend of mine told me to use it, but he's an excellent Rogue and I am a noob, so I had an easier time after I switched.

You're right about flurry, it should be used on the larger packs, but you should still switch targets to kill the high priority imps instead of cleaving off Agatha. I might have given the wrong impression by saying you single target them, but that is what I meant.

I initially decided that I was content with having just the appearances I actually like, but today I went on a desperate sprint to at least get the appearances on my characters that are over 920ilvl. With the concordance buff it just felt wrong ignoring that soon to be unavailable low hanging fruit. Got disc, destro, shadow and havoc done TODAY, having to set up up keybinds and basic addons for everyone and remind myself how to play the damn specs. I'm exhausted but now I pretty much only have vengeance left, and lord do I hate Kruul. We'll see.

I do regret not having a hunter or rogue at a decent ilvl. They are both below 900 and I don't hate myself enough to even put energy toward that at this point. Especially rogue I regret because I have mained and raided on my rogue in multiple previous expansions, and I love the class it's just in Legion that I hated the rotations for all specs bar sub.

- - - Updated - - -

And I also had to do the artifact empowerment quests or whatever, plus the overcharge quests on every character. So much damn work. Wish I had started yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    And I also had to do the artifact empowerment quests or whatever, plus the overcharge quests on every character. So much damn work. Wish I had started yesterday!
    Yeah, I had several occasions of "what, why didn't I do the empowerment quest yet?" Sigryn especially, it just feels like the longest of them, although sweeping the Underbelly for Lowlives and Assassins could be tiresome, too.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Wrapped up today with Disc, Windwalker and Marksmanship which brings me to 7 total: 3/3 Hunter, 1/3 Monk, 2/4 Druid (resto & feral), 1/3 Priest.

Technically I could still try for Balance but I only have tomorrow morning before work so realistically it's not going to happen. Never did get my paladin geared up in time to try that challenge but I can live with that as I almost never play that character.

I have to say I'm really impressed with all of you who found the time and effort to do all 36 - it would never have been an option for me, even if I'd started back in 7.2, but this was a really nice little project to get stuck into at the end of Legion and I'm glad I found the time to do it. Thanks also to everyone who offered tips and suggestions, both to me directly and in the thread generally - there was some really useful stuff there

I give up on the healing challenge. It's impossible to me. Even with 951 ilevel I can't do it, I can't keep calm when doing it, I get nervous and forget where my spells are.