Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    While I have no issue with women getting abortions when they need one this goes a bit far. It’s not a decisions one takes so lightly. It’s also be rather unhealthy to have serial abortions instead of just using birth control. Abortion is not without risk of infection, bleeding or loss of fertility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    It's called birth control. Take the pill and use condoms.
    And what do you propose for the million or so times per year that combination fails?

Because that's the scale of numbers we're talking about.

About 94 million women of childbearing age (16-50) in the USA.

The National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior says 67% of those women have had vaginal sex within the past year.

Male condoms have a failure rate of 18% per year

Oral contraceptives have a failure rate of 9% per year.

94*67%*18%*9%=1 million unintended pregnancies per year.

Obviously many of those women are actively trying to get pregnant, but it demonstrates the scale of things we're talking about.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Total Crica View Post
    [We who understand the necessity of abortion in a world where fertile women are always at risk of becoming pregnant at a time they don't want to be...
    The use of passive voice here is an interesting affect.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    And what do you propose for the million or so times per year that combination fails?

Because that's the scale of numbers we're talking about.

About 94 million women of childbearing age (16-50) in the USA.

The National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior says 67% of those women have had vaginal sex within the past year.

Male condoms have a failure rate of 18% per year

Oral contraceptives have a failure rate of 9% per year.

94*67%*18%*9%=1 million unintended pregnancies per year.

Obviously many of those women are actively trying to get pregnant, but it demonstrates the scale of things we're talking about.
    Those maths are extremely misleading and incorrect. There are under 4 million births in the US per year. To get 1 million unwanted pregnancies you would have to assume not only that every single one of those births was unwanted, but that every single case of broken condom involved no use of the pill and every case of an unwanted pregnancy while the women was on a pill involved no condom use whatsoever. This simply isn't the case.

The failure rate of condoms and the pill in the vast majority of cases is incorrect use. A quick google search calls bs on 9% for the pill, it's 1-2% in the majority of reputable websites and even then the number one cause of failure is not using it correctly and granting a correct use scenario a 99.97% chance at effectiveness. It's the same for condoms, a properly stores condom has a failure rate of 2%(also according to the more reputable results of a google search).

You really shouldn't take the first wikipedia graphic that comes up on a search for anything like a comprehensive or detailed result.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Those maths are extremely misleading and incorrect. There are under 4 million births in the US per year. To get 1 million unwanted pregnancies you would have to assume not only that every single one of those births was unwanted, but that every single case of broken condom involved no use of the pill and every case of an unwanted pregnancy while the women was on a pill involved no condom use whatsoever. This simply isn't the case.

The failure rate of condoms and the pill in the vast majority of cases is incorrect use. A quick google search calls bs on 9% for the pill, it's 1-2% in the majority of reputable websites and even then the number one cause of failure is not using it correctly and granting a correct use scenario a 99.97% chance at effectiveness. It's the same for condoms, a properly stores condom has a failure rate of 2%(also according to the more reputable results of a google search).

You really shouldn't take the first wikipedia graphic that comes up on a search for anything like a comprehensive or detailed result.
    1. I did not assume. 1.62% is the figure for both pill and condom were used and both fail.

2. 9% is the CDC's figure for oral contraceptives, same for condoms.

3. See the last line. The numbers are for demonstration purposes about how idiotic it is to presume that existing means of contraception are a valid reason to restrict abortion.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I don't care.
    That you don't care about the truth of this issue is apparent, believe me.

If something can grow in to a human being, unless it is prevented from doing so, it is a human being. Not one scientist or team of researchers have been able to pin-point or even measure within days where this non-human suddenly turns in to a human.
    Because "human being" is not a scientifically-derived term to begin with. It's like pointing out that a scientist can't define the exact dividing line between murder and self-defense. Of course they can't. That's a legal issue, not a scientific issue.

Same for personhood. Which is what defines a "human being". It's a legal concept, not a scientific one.

Fetus... what a dehumanizing term. That's what killers do - dehumanize first so you could kill it. ''Oh, they are not human beings - they are Jews!...''.
    And now you're both attacking science, since "fetus" is the accurate scientific term, and drawing false equivalences to the Holocaust, which is absolutely disgusting.

You're wrong, and you're so wrong you have nothing left to you but to make up extreme and shocking nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Abortion is not without risk of infection, bleeding or loss of fertility.
    If only last would be granted with every abortion ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    If only last would be granted with every abortion ...
    Any human egg that isn't fertilized will never be born.

Any human fertilized egg that is aborted will never be born.

Any human fertilized egg that is not aborted might be born.

You are so angry that some of a woman's eggs will never be born that you wish all of her eggs will never be born?

You people make no sense at all.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2018-07-17 at 10:29 PM.

You are so angry that some of a woman's eggs will never be born that you wish all of her eggs will never be born?

You people make no sense at all.
    Eggs are less than fetus.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Eggs are less than fetus.
    Without a woman, there is no egg nor fetus nor birth.

Women decide if their pregnancies are birthed or not, regardless of your idiotic notions otherwise.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2018-07-18 at 12:38 AM.

Casualising and trivialising abortions... What a cringeworthy piece of shit

Deleted
    Abortion should always be legal and a basic human right. However they need to really do something about the women that have sex without any protection and then end up pregnant every 12 months as a result, it's cruel to the kid, but help should be there for those that need and deserve it, not those that abuse the system because of their own laziness.

I don't agree with her comment either, abortions are a serious matter and it should not be held lightly. There's a reason why you don't get an abortion instantly and you have to wait a while, it's done like that so the mother can think about it and will be clear headed when she undergoes the procedure, so she doesn't end up regretting it.

It also reduces the amount of abortions because a considerate amount of women actually never go through with abortion after planning the procedure.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2018-07-18 at 12:40 AM.

If anyone needs an example of the negative side of diversity, you can just look at Michelle Wolf. With a delivery like that, there's no way she became a comedian on her own merits.

That said, abortion should be a right for every women. I've found the other side against it usually lacks empathy while basing their arguments on either emotion or religion.

this bitch. still sucks. at

COMEDY.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I support abortion as long as we change child support laws.

Imo, allowing abortion gives women the right to give up on motherhood; and if men are not allowed to give up on fatherhood as well, we will have a clear legal privilege being given to the women. And as a defender of (truly) equal rights i don't think its fair. Women don't reproduce alone, so they are not the only ones entitled of "reproductive rights".

Also, at the moment giving birth is a choice of women, and men have no voice on it, you can't force a man over the decision of a woman. This is a serious autonomy violation. And yeah, i know women don't get pregnant alone, but they are the ones who decide whether have a kid or not. So their choice, their responsability.

The exception are for those cases where both want to have a kid, but break up later. Like when a couple divorces, and they have a 1 y/o kid; in this case, the parent that loses custody will pay child support.

But thats an opnion liberals and conservatives hate, so i am ready to get the bullets from both sides
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2018-07-18 at 01:03 AM.

Without a woman, there is no egg nor fetus nor birth.

Women decide if their pregnancies are birthed or not, regardless of your idiotic notions otherwise.
    Well without man there is nothing, so you can stop bragging about your infertile eggs ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    I support abortion as long as we change child support laws.

Imo, allowing abortion gives women the right to give up on motherhood; and if men are not allowed to give up on fatherhood as well, we will have a clear legal privilege being given to the women. And as a defender of (truly) equal rights i don't think its fair. Women don't reproduce alone, so they are not the only ones entitled of "reproductive rights".

Also, at the moment giving birth is a choice of women, and men have no voice on it, you can't force a man over the decision of a woman. This is a serious autonomy violation. And yeah, i know women don't get pregnant alone, but they are the ones who decide whether have a kid or not. So their choice, their responsability.

The exception are for those cases where both want to have a kid, but break up later. Like when a couple divorces, and they have a 1 y/o kid; in this case, the parent that loses custody will pay child support.

But thats an opnion liberals and conservatives hate, so i am ready to get the bullets from both sides
    I agree, probably because I do not consider myself a libtard or a conserve. If women can decide to give birth or not then better men have choice to not pay child support...

abortion gives women the right to give up on motherhood
    There are no parents until a child is born. No one pays child support before birth.

After birth, both the mother and father have the same parental rights.

- - - Updated - - -

without man there is nothing
    A man doesn't have to impregnate a woman with his sperm just as a woman doesn't have to give birth to her eggs. You have no point.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2018-07-18 at 01:23 AM.

Well without man there is nothing, so you can stop bragging about your infertile eggs ...

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, probably because I do not consider myself a libtard or a conserve. If women can decide to give birth or not then better men have choice to not pay child support...
    So, you don't want men to be responsible for their actions? Good to know.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are no parents until a child is born. No one pays child support before birth.

- - - Updated - - -
    This depends on the country. In many contries if a woman is pregnant she's already entitled to demand child support from the alleged father.

But still, the father should not be forced to pay support if only the mother decided to have the kid. At least, in places where abortion is allowed.

If abortion is forbidden, men should be forced to pay support, just like women are forced to give birth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you don't want men to be responsible for their actions? Good to know.
    If a woman is allowed to not take responsability from a careless fuck, so is the man.

Unless in rape, just to clarify before the sophism storm comes.

This depends on the country. In many contries if a woman is pregnant she's already entitled to demand child support from the alleged father.

But still, the father should not be forced to pay support if only the mother decided to have the kid. At least, in places where abortion is allowed.

If abortion is forbidden, men should be forced to pay support, just like women are forced to give birth.

- - - Updated - - -

If a woman is allowed to not take responsability from a careless fuck, so is the man.
    If a man and a woman have sex, and she gets pregnant, what is the result if no further actions are taken?

You are seeking to have men absolved of the consequences of their actions.

You are either arguing against bodily autonomy for women, or you want to state that men should not be responsible for the consequences of their actions. That's some shaky ground you are standing on.