Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It has always been this way yet up until end of Legion and BfA it didn't FEEL this way. Hope this explains it better.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    That's not how it works anymore though, that happens every patch nowadays. When the resets came every 2 or 3 years it still felt somewhat rewarding and motivating going through an expansion. When you can jump in at any point nothing feels like it matters anymore.
    This is how it has been since at least BC. Took a raid tier off? Cool your gear is complete shit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    It's been always like this since Vanila, you level up, get gear, do dungeons, raid, then next expansion comes and all your effort goes trough the window, new gear, new stuff to do, in a sense it's meaningless and mindless, but still it can be fun. People have really high expectations nowadays but look around, no other MMO can bring even what WoW does. Even when everything is pruned it still plays better than any other mmo on the market, people want change but then cry on the slighest different thing, prune is a big thing people cry about, sometimes we have to take back to build a good foundation and have a better system in place. BfA isn't going to "fail", it will be just as succesful as Legion, and if you don't believe me, we've seen worse before, cata and wod was all way worse than BfA on beta. Somehow people are still here today playing WoW hmm I really wonder after 14 years if the game is shit how is that possible.
    I would add though that there was a difference in extremes prior to cataclysm. From vanilla to BC many pieces of high end raid gear (basically naxx stuff but even an item or two from BWL) were still useable at 70 until you got an epic piece for that slot from Kara or Heroics. I personally still had pieces from Naxx40 and the Neltharion's Tear trinket on at 70 until I finally got something better.

The same went for going from BC to WotLK. I started my (new) naxx raiding in several pieces of tier 6 still. The jump in itemization from wotlk to cata though, that didn't leave much room for any gear to survive past halfway to cap and it pretty much stayed that way from then on.

Prior to cata, I felt like my efforts at high end raiding actually mattered going into a new xpac. Much of the gear I had would last to level cap and in some cases until I got an upgrade from the first raid tier. Nowadays you're lucky if you get half way to cap before replacing everything.

Idiots hate every WoW expansion, yet they stick around all the same. And yes, so many haven't figured out that they're playing a bloody MMORPG which has progress in it.

Deleted
    I see you are new to forums, none of that can be 1:1 on what i just said, yes they praise BFA like I do but I don't mention the things that those topics are all about are totally different, I guess you failed reading them in the first place, but I'm sure the mods will delete this thread if it is the same as every other, so let's see.
    You seem to be illiterate and triggered. It is what it is btw, you haven't showed anything to disprove my claims.
    You are the one here pretending to be so superior or something on a video game forum. Please.

Others managed to form their opinion on the topic like adults, you seem like you are just a triggered little kid who doesn't get his way.
    Still waiting to disprove OP until then sit pssst.

That is what this thread is now because you made it to be. Reported btw for just spamming nonsense unrelated to the topic. Go somewhere else with your superiority complex.
    Resulting to 'just a triggered kid' I see. Thanks for validating my points.

Added to the ignore list. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Resulting to 'just a triggered kid' I see. Thanks for validating my points.

Added to the ignore list. Cheers.
    And not a single post by you will be missed. Flame somewhere else.

It's been always like this since Vanila, you level up, get gear, do dungeons, raid, then next expansion comes and all your effort goes trough the window, new gear, new stuff to do, in a sense it's meaningless and mindless, but still it can be fun. People have really high expectations nowadays but look around, no other MMO can bring even what WoW does. Even when everything is pruned it still plays better than any other mmo on the market, people want change but then cry on the slighest different thing, prune is a big thing people cry about, sometimes we have to take back to build a good foundation and have a better system in place. BfA isn't going to "fail", it will be just as succesful as Legion, and if you don't believe me, we've seen worse before, cata and wod was all way worse than BfA on beta. Somehow people are still here today playing WoW hmm I really wonder after 14 years if the game is shit how is that possible.
    The moment it feels like effort instead of normal fun, that's when you're fucked up. Progressing is the fun of the game. We spend our time replacing old gear with better upgrades, that's the very same process we go through when starting a new xpack. Anyways, every single clown crying about that can still et upgrades in the current xpack, which means that even if there's no xpack coming out they would keep playing and replace the gear they "worked so hard for" as it is not even final gear in any way.

These people are so stupid it's a waste of time talking about them.

Deleted
    My only problem is the step back in class design.

I main my mage since late wotlk and feel absolutely fatigued playing mage in bfa, maybe because it has been so long now but mainly i guess for not getting anything new in bfa.

Especially frost and fire are simply Legion 2.0 specs slightly trimmed down, they work, for newer players they are probably fun, but for me and i guess many other mages they just feel worse than in Legion.

If class design sucks so does everything, you interact in pve and pvp content with the world through the capabilites of your class, if that's not interesting that's a big problem.

And its not only the mage, a lot of specs that didn't get a overhaul like arms/fury/demo maybe work now but simply feel like a shadow of their former selfes in legion and the azerite system doesn't look like changing that up at all so far.

Deleted
    i think its impossible for mmos in general to live long and still be fun, Once the magic fades it will never be the same, and for wow the magic was vanilla tbc and wotlk. I truly believe its impossible for the same mmos to continue to be fun as time goes on.

Deleted
    I don't even have time to play my main character... Can't even spend time thinking about playing alts to be honest. I'd rather have a single character and then take my focus to other games that come out once in a while.

Even thou wow is my "main" game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW has endured years of existence as a famous game and now it has passed the baton to someone else. It is on a different decade now as it is one of the well respected and mostly look up to reference for it's gaming genre. Many brand new game titles have entered the industry both Western and Eastern game development. But still this game have a solid foundation of success which other games are still trying to reach and achieve.

Regardless if you are either a WoW supporter or a hater it is a fact for both like-minded individuals thinking a like that WoW as a game is highly anticipated. It creates opportunity to be someone relevant by simply talking about it or merely commenting on it, good or bad.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-07-16 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    This is how it has been since at least BC. Took a raid tier off? Cool your gear is complete shit now.
    No, it happened in 3.2 (so mid wrath) to be exact. A clear design change of how catchup should work and how old raid tiers should be viewed (as generally non-worthwhile garbage) and they have more or less stuck to it since then.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    No, it happened in 3.2 (so mid wrath) to be exact. A clear design change of how catchup should work and how old raid tiers should be viewed (as generally non-worthwhile garbage) and they have more or less stuck to it since then.
    No that's when they changed to a 2-badge system and streamlined the whole catch-up mechanic thing. Catch-up mechanics existed but in a less streamlined fashion since at least BC thanks to PvP seasons and such. Even if we say only after the streamlining in wrath counts for some reason that's still TEN YEARS, most of this game's life, that it's been that way.

You sit here and implicitly claim that the reason the people are "hating on BfA" is because they just "realized" that it was a grindy, gear driven game? Hardly. Most criticism is due to the gameplay itself. BfA gameplay is clunky and regressive. They made progress to the flow and feel of how combat is and then implement changes that make it feel like gameplay felt 10 years ago. That isn't a good feeling, especially when the change they are reverting happened 5+ years ago. If they had made the change at the beginning of Legion or mid-way through Legion and reverted it, that would be one thing. But this was back in WotLK that a lot of these changes occurred.

The "level up, get gear, do dungeons, raid, next expac comes out and reset" isn't the problem. People accept that is what WoW is as a whole. And I know it is Blizzard's game and they can do as they please. But to take a combat system that was fun and active and flowed well and make it clunky and cumbersome while adding in aspect of gameplay that haven't be in the game for going on a decade (like the tank threat change) is not fun or enjoyable. And that is why people play this game.

Yea, i'm pretty certain it took the 7th expansion for people to realize this. /s

What the hell is this post.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh, I missed that part. Thought i was because flies like shit and the Wrath of the Casual King?
    Well if flies like shit, then how come we are not seeing the most subs ever? Did I do the thing right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank goodness we have you here to tell us how we feel and why!

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Maybe Im in minority but I like those "resets" of power with every expansion. I love gearing up my chcracters from scratch, first dungeons, mythic dungeons, entry raids then the raid ending the expansion. Those cycles are fun for me. And from every expansion I have some vanity stuff that reminds me of some nice moments, it can be mount, transmog, maybe title etc.
    Its the same reason I love to play in leagues in Path of Exile. Every few months completly fresh start.

It really isn't much different than many other expansions. It is just now its the "me" whining and thus its "bigger than ever" effect going though the heads of a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You did well..but you can never win....
    It's not really about winning more than correcting worngs and not putting up with lies.