Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not surprised but I still think they'll do something to make the rep grind easier in BFA: maybe some sort of mega rep token or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Whelp no reason for me to play BFA then, I want to start fresh and I'm not doing Legion content to unlock BFA advertised content.

Hope those who do play BFA enjoy it.
    Even more, now!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Tell me how I can unlock all the allied races without buying BfA.
    The ones the OP is complaining about have been in the game for months. I have some of them. The only two you can unlock in BfA are Mag'har and Dark Iron and those quests unlock at the start of BfA through a campaign that takes a couple weeks and requires no previous anything other than a max horde or alliance character to start the quests. Then you can use your max level boost to bring one up to par for BfA. This has been known since they introduce Allied Races. They are not new races you can just start, and if they were you'd still have to level them to max like all previous races. How is this complicated for all of you?

The OP is talking about Legion content and complaining like its BfA content.

7+ Year Old Account
    I still think that in maybe 2-3 expansions after BfA, they will do some changes - just like Death Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    The ones the OP is complaining about have been in the game for months. I have some of them. The only two you can unlock in BfA are Mag'har and Dark Iron and those quests unlock at the start of BfA through a campaign that takes a couple weeks and requires no previous anything other than a max horde or alliance character to start the quests. Then you can use your max level boost to bring one up to par for BfA. This has been known since they introduce Allied Races. They are not new races you can just start, and if they were you'd still have to level them to max like all previous races. How is this complicated for all of you?

Again, tell me how I can unlock 'Legion content' allied races without buying BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    As much as I'm generally in favor of both earning things through effort and keeping old content relevant, I do feel like this might turn out a strategic error on Blizz's part. I feel that giving people who played in Legion access to the allied races months before BFA releases was enough of a "loyalty reward" already. Alienating new and returning players with a fresh expansion where part of the content is locked in an OLD expansion doesn't sound all that fresh to me. ESPECIALLY if it's something that you would want to start out with. What are people supposed to do, buy BFA, roll a character in a race they don't actually want, just to unlock the race they want and perhaps even bought the expansion for, only to then start over with a new character in that race? Mhmmmmmmyeah that doesn't sound cool.
    This was my thought about the Allied Races Unlock as well. I genuinely expected Blizzard to make it easier in BFA to obtain allied races since there's never been a time in history when you had to do previous expansion content to access content advertised as the current expansion feature. Personally this doesn't affect me since I main 2 classes none of which can be an allied race but I know there will be lot of complaints when the returning players and new players start with BFA.

7+ Year Old Account
    They shouldn't have needed a grind to unlock them to begin with. But people are blind and think Activision Blizzard can do no wrong.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to start fresh as a void elf, That requires me to do Legion content in BFA. So I'm not doing it, Too many other games to play over this.
    4 of the allied races are Legion content...thus needing to do Legion content to get them. The trolls and humans we'll get later in the expansion and will require BfA content to be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    They shouldn't have needed a grind to unlock them to begin with. But people are blind and think Activision Blizzard can do no wrong.
    I mean I love WoW, I've played it for 11 years. But when Blizzard pull cynical timewasting shit like Pathfinder and allied race requirements it pisses me off. It's not put in the game because it's fun (it's not) but because it inflates their time played metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Again, tell me how I can unlock 'Legion content' allied races without buying BfA.
    Tell me how you are going to play the game without buying BfA? If you are a returning player you aren't buying Legion for 2 or 3 months then not playing BfA if you wanted an allied race. The announcement was last October. I'm not sure how anyone here should be remotely confused by any of this.

We can all be obtuse. These things have all been known for months. And there is still another month to go. But ya know what, complain and enjoy your complaints. Your salt is fantastic and we'll all miss you greatly I'm sure.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why not? The devs want to put in rewards why shouldn’t you have to play for thoses rewards?

Whelp no reason for me to play BFA then, I want to start fresh and I'm not doing Legion content to unlock BFA advertised content.

k bye

/10char

Good. There is nothing wrong with people earning things they want.

If you pre-order BFA, you get a decently geared 110 for free. Hop on over to Argus, and do the World Quests, and the weekly quests. You should be done before BFA launches. If not, you'll be close.

As others have mentioned, Blizzard has said this repeatedly, and the reputation requirements were known since BlizzCon 2017 (early November). It was also in the pre-purchase disclaimer. All that said, it's trivial to do. You can always set your hearth there, and obliterate the world quests as a geared 120.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I want to start fresh as a void elf, That requires me to do Legion content in BFA. So I'm not doing it, Too many other games to play over this.
    You could do that now before BfA launches... y'know, like most people interested in them have done already?

Yeah yeah we know. Disagree with someone being critical and you are immediately "white knighting" them....

The reps are piss easy to farm anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Allied races are BFA content. You can get four of the races in Legion if you have pre-purchased BFA for the account. Without the pre-purchase, you cannot play Allied Races, even if they were released in 7.3.5.

That being said, I was in the OP's position. I bought BFA earlier this year, ground out the rep in about three weeks, and made a void elf in the second week after they were available without having played since before Armies of Legionfall was released. It wasn't hard to catch up on, particularly with DMF and World Quest weekly rep buffs. The grind doesn't make sense for void elf (the Argussian Reach isn't made up of void elves), but it is a fairly easy grind to do if you really want the race.
    Last edited by Aresk; 2018-07-16 at 07:22 PM.

I just don't get this. You can get all the reps from just playing the game. If a person didn't care enough to play Legion even that small amount, why should Blizzard (or any of us) really be upset that they are boycotting BFA?

hahahaha, what the fuck dude?

As much as i agree that the requirements are absurd (the alliance ones in particular), skipping an expansion for not having unlocked a particular allied\sub race is absolutely pathethic.

How fucking absurd can one be, holy hell.

Everything in WoW has ether been easier or unlocked overtime. Look at DK's they originally had the requirement of leveling a character to 50 and now you don't have to.

This should be handled the same way. Ether you pre-order and can unlock them now or get them months later. Ether play or wait, But Activision-Blizzard wants to be like other AAA company's and turn everything into a service.

- - - Updated - - -

There own website disagree's with you.
    you stilll need a lvl 55 char on your account to create a DK, just not on the same realm