Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Good, hope they keep their balls and don't back track on this decision because people whine about it.
    Don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Umm, what? Allied Races are BFA content. The new system and all the work is BFA. Four of the races offered are based on Legion content. They're a reward for doing Legion content. Would you be happier if they just removed the four races?

Blizzard wanted to reward people who play their games. I'm sure the number of people leaving because they need to spend a few weeks casually collecting rep is minuscule, or they would have changed it.
    Meaning you must do past expansion content to unlock current expansion content, Sorry I'm against that. Its to keep people playing because AAA company's love turning shit into a service.

It wasn't done as a reward, It wasn't done because of loyalty, It was done to keep people playing and keeping numbers high. Sorry I won't partake in that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    it is BFA content, but its a reward for players that have played in legion, its a gift for loyalty you could say
    And that gift only cost you $60....

EA levels of scummy and people defend it because it has Blizzards name on the fucken box.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Meaning you must do past expansion content to unlock current expansion content, Sorry I'm against that. Its to keep people playing because AAA company's love turning shit into a service.

It wasn't done as a reward, It wasn't done because of loyalty, It was done to keep people playing and keeping numbers high. Sorry I won't partake in that.

- - - Updated - - -

EA levels of scummy and people defend it because it has Blizzards name on the fucken box.
    Nowhere near fucking EA levels of scummy. Try again dude. It's not even close to some of the crap Ubisoft have pulled in the past.

They made it perfectly clear how these races would be unlocked, what timeframe they would and so on.

They did not deceive, lie, perceive an alternate truth, swindle or whatever you want to call it.

The requirements for Exalted with said faction were made known in a PTR build datamined from December 2018.

And you could easily get them right now. Or just after BFA launches if you put your head down and farm.

Those Allied Races along with the 110 boost are free. They are a loyalty gift.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-07-16 at 07:43 PM.

i am not paying 60$ for allied races, i am paying 60$ for the content BfA provides (KT, zandalar, mag'har/DI/zandalari/KT humans, uldir, azerite gear...), Velves/HM/LFD/NB are just a loyalty gift for me playing legion
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-07-16 at 07:44 PM.

Deleted
    If you're against it then don't do it dont need any more life stories on here.

My issue with it is that you must own BFA to access it and yet still do Legion content. If it was just for the early access of it then fine, But when the expansion drops the requirement's should be ether lifted or lowered. You can't access the races without owning BFA that makes them BFA content.

I was perfectly fine with waiting longer to access them. I'm done with Legion content and have been for month's. I'm not going back to it just because they thought it was a great idea to limit current expansion content behind last expansion reps.
    I came back , probably a month ago or so. In that time I have been catching up with any rep grinding I needed to do. I was able to get Void Elf / Lightforged Dreanei unlocked and close for Horde allied races, along with finishing legion pathfinder for flying.

There is nothing to go back to at this time, since BFA isn't released yet. If you are close to done with Legion content, than your rep would be pretty close to unlock each race.

10+ Year Old Account
    /me looks at Main Void Elf (Previously human)

I don't know where you've been but I've been a void elf for months. Was a good reason to keep me engaged during the end of Legion. Took a few days of grinding rep but was otherwise easy.

It's content for legion, not BFA, given to you as a gift for buying BFA early. If you waited this long to buy BFA and are now complaining that you have to do Legion content at the tail end of legion, that's your fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually it's $60 for the BFA content, which includes the 4 Legion races which have requirements to unlock from previous expansions.
    Requirements are usually lifted or eased out after an expansion or two (3 for DKs, for example).
    Plus, the Legion Allied Races were announced and advertised as a pre-purchase feature which would require you to have played Legion...
    I mean sure you won't partake in that, but... why make a "I'm out. I mean I was out but this made me wanna come and post that I'm out" thread? It's nonsensical.

All kidding aside, I’ve had these new races unlocked since pretty much day one like the rest of you. The problem though, is that my wife wants to come back to the game for the first time since Panda days and level a new character because I’m interested in leveling one do the new races. She, too, would love to play a new race but isn’t able to because she doesn’t want to level from 90-110 just to grind reps and then start over. And I don’t really blame her because while the story is okay, it’s a lot of work for someone who isn’t interested in devoting a lot of time just to play vanilla wow and experience some nostalgia together.

And I get the attitude of “well does she just want it handed to her out of pity?” Yes she does, because she just wants to pay and play the game. I figured this would be an early-exclusive type of thing, but it seems like people will actually have to go back and slog through content with artificial rep barriers for something that would be easy to just unlock at a certain point. Again, I’m on the side of most of the people here because I was doing those WQs day in and day out, but it does seem stupid in that Blizzard would be getting her money regardless and the “newness” of these races are mostly past. Because of this she isn’t going to play, which sucks but it is what it is. The $$ isn’t a big deal to them or anyone else, but it’s a barrier of entry I’m sure others will/are facing.

Just my 2 cents with a real world example.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it to be a issue with it cost $60 If they tied it into the Legion cost then fine I got no problems with that. Remove the $60 tag and make them officially legion content.
    This is the world we are living in now. Pre-orders on top of pre-orders, with some rewards (or "rewards") to go with it. It's pretty much the industry standard among the triple-A's. If it wouldn't have been the 4 Allied races, it would have been something else.

But I suppose Blizzard is far from the worst with this practice...
    Last edited by Santti; 2018-07-16 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i am not paying 60$ for allied races, i am paying 60$ for the content BfA provides (KT, zandalar, mag'har/DI/zandalari/KT humans, uldir, azerite gear...), Velves/HM/LFD/NB are just a loyalty gift for me playing legion
    If it was a gift for playing Legion, they wouldn't have forced you to buy BfA for it. Let's get away from the gift, the truth is you just got lucky they decided to stick it in content you already did. Either way you put the time in to unlock it, they didn't gift you a damn thing.

I see the reasoning, actually is not that easy, for example someone new or that doesnt play for a long time, when u get to argus most enemies are going to destroy you if u dont farm first dungeon or world quest on broken isles for gear, then u have to do all the main and sidequest missions on argus to unlock all, then u have to start farming... but it only becomes easier if u have other 110 characters currently on argus farming for medals that give reputation too, imo is a really crappy way to present them, at least for someone completly new to the game, with the DK at least u could level a character to 55 and then switch to ur dk and keep playing it, i think the only reward should be the heritage armor and not denying the access to a complete race.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygor View Post
    All kidding aside, I’ve had these new races unlocked since pretty much day one like the rest of you. The problem though, is that my wife wants to come back to the game for the first time since Panda days and level a new character because I’m interested in leveling one do the new races. She, too, would love to play a new race but isn’t able to because she doesn’t want to level from 90-110 just to grind reps and then start over. And I don’t really blame her because while the story is okay, it’s a lot of work for someone who isn’t interested in devoting a lot of time just to play vanilla wow and experience some nostalgia together.

And I get the attitude of “well does she just want it handed to her out of pity?” Yes she does, because she just wants to pay and play the game. I figured this would be an early-exclusive type of thing, but it seems like people will actually have to go back and slog through content with artificial rep barriers for something that would be easy to just unlock at a certain point. Again, I’m on the side of most of the people here because I was doing those WQs day in and day out, but it does seem stupid in that Blizzard would be getting her money regardless and the “newness” of these races are mostly past. Because of this she isn’t going to play, which sucks but it is what it is. The $$ isn’t a big deal to them or anyone else, but it’s a barrier of entry I’m sure others will/are facing.

Yep going through the same thing with my wife. I get the idea of needing to play to unlock things, but it is creating a barrier for players looking to return after being gone for several years

If blizzard expects people who took a break from WoW in Legion or before it to unlocked advertised BFA content then they got a fucken screw loose. Even more so when they are going to gut a lot of those rep rewards.
    I took a break in Legion. I stopped playing before the second tier and didnt return until well after the final tier. I unlocked them because I wanted one. They gave PLENTY of advanced notice to anyone who watched anything to do this before BFA. You have no excuse other then you're lazy. You could easily start right this minute and unlock them before BFA.

Everything in WoW has ether been easier or unlocked overtime. Look at DK's they originally had the requirement of leveling a character to 50 and now you don't have to.

This should be handled the same way. Ether you pre-order and can unlock them now or get them months later. Ether play or wait, But Activision-Blizzard wants to be like other AAA company's and turn everything into a service.
    How many expansions did it take before they made it easier for a DK? I mean, by your logic, they could still do the same here. May take them several expansions, but it could happen.

I find it to be a issue with it cost $60 If they tied it into the Legion cost then fine I got no problems with that. Remove the $60 tag and make them officially legion content.
    You are paying $60 to be able to access all of the features of BFA. It doesn't mean you will or can, but you have that chance. Are you also going to complain that your $60 doesn't include a full set of gear for you at 120? Its BFA content and you paid $60 after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I can only surmise this thread was made to get attention. This is really quite a ridiculous reason, and I'm sure there's an underlying one that you're not telling us. If your logic says that you won't do 1-2 weeks of quests to play a race for the next 2-3 years... that's extremely hard to believe. Then again, you're always complaining about the difficulty of this or that on these forums. I'm sure you'll buy BFA and start your complaints in the next month or two, but if that doesn't happen, I must say, I won't miss the negativity you constantly spew about a game you "hate" so much.

People who find any and every reason to whine about Warcraft, yet continue to post frequently about the game, on a predominantly Warcraft forum, always intrigue me. Why don't you just move on? Are you so self-absorbed that you think people care about why you quit? You're a grain of sand on the beach, and not a single person cares why you got swept away. It's like talking to your friends every-single-day about that girl who cheated on you 5 years ago. No one cares.

Deleted

Whelp no reason for me to play BFA then, I want to start fresh and I'm not doing Legion content to unlock BFA advertised content.

Hope those who do play BFA enjoy it.
    That just tells us you didn't play a vast majority of Legion either. How hard was it to wait for rep week and then do dailies and the weekly invasions? Like seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Tygor View Post

This is what I recommend for you to do. Buy her BfA, get your free boost, boost her character to 110, run the Argus stuff and go from there. It really doesn't take that long to get AR. I was gone from about three months before Argus to right when Antorus opened up I came back and had to power through the Argus stuff to catch my guild and be ready. It really isn't that long, just hit the grind. I understand the leveling from 90 to 110. I'd just use the boost for that, that you get with a BfA pre-order.

Then level, you might be a tad behind come launch of BfA, but for her returning I'm sure she doesn't have the demand of a guild needing a raider breathing down her neck. That is my best advice beyond, double boost after the rep grind. I'd also guess getting more mission tables with those rep tokens on it will be a thing.

I have a issue with needing to do last expansion content to unlock stuff in the current expansion.
    So lets see, Nether drakes, MOP serpents, WOD Flying were all previous content but people still did them for the benfits. Honestly you make it sound like the hardest thing in the world! its done quite quickly if you bothered. If you knew these were coming out and you wanted one, why didnt you sub for the month of July and do it? It would have been pretty much done now
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Imo what i really see as a problem with wow community is that it closes to new players, old or regular players dont want new players to have easy things, but if more ppl leave and never come back then wow is going to die someday, still maybe not a bad thing, maybe we can have WC4 or wow2 XD.

I have a issue with needing to do last expansion content to unlock stuff in the current expansion.
    You must have hated Death Knights then. They originally required you to play 55 levels of Vanilla content to unlock.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.