Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Instant noodles are awful food. They contain nothing of value.
    But they are cheap and keep your stomach full!

7+ Year Old Account
    Back in my college days when I used to eat instant Ramen, absolutely. Now, I expect it would be way to salty for my tastes.

To much sodium. So usually not. Maybe a sip or two if I am still hungry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    10 for a $1! 10 for a $1! when I was a kid. I hear they are about the same price still. Living in a dorm when I was 18/19 I always had some of these in my room. During the cold months I must have averaged, at least, 1 a day.

Deleted
    For an hour. Cheap because they contain nothing and cost nothing to make as a result. The only reason you think they taste good are all the flavor enhancers and salt they fill them with.

10+ Year Old Account
    For an hour. Cheap because they contain nothing and cost nothing to make as a result. The only reason you think they taste good are all the flavor enhancers and salt they fill them with.
    Welp, i mean... i may have taken a Mcdonalds instead, but i don't think it would have helped much either :P

Deleted
    Welp, i mean... i may have taken a Mcdonalds instead, but i don't think it would have helped much either :P
    At least you'll get veggies with Donald. It's not entirely empty calories.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you'll get veggies with Donald. It's not entirely empty calories.
    The ramen bring 1 piece of de-hydrated corn and carrot! WHAT ELSE COULD YOU DESIRE!?

When I’m Japan eating actual ramen, yes of course.

If you’re talking about the flavoured saline at the bottom of styrofoam cups, no I don’t.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    There is Ramen with real soup and then there's instant Ramen with salty water.
    No thats heresy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't make them with enough water to do so.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The rare times I eat ramen, yes. Haven't tried authentic ramen yet, though.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-07-16 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I put so little water into those things the rare times I eat them that they're mostly just wet noodles with flavor instead of broth with noodles.
    this one gets it!.

Ironically enough, I was just talking with my wife about this. Yes, I do, since I prefer to make my own from scratch... except for the noodles right now, that's on the to-do list. When I did eat instant cup stuff, as others have said, I skimped on the water so everything was absorbed.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    Well, I wouldn't say "there no such thing as too much". However as a jogger, having a bit of extra salt in my diet compared to when I was more sedentary is a good thing. #TeamSlurp
    Too much of anything is never a good thing. But as a lifter i am the same. Helps retain water better. Better than running a supplement like creatine when sodium does the same thing.
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't eaten one of those instant ramen packets since I was in my early teens, so 9 or 10 years ago, but I do remember liking to drink the broth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do. But I also haven't eaten instant noodles in years. Unless you count when I added them to a korean recipe.

No, ramen is actually not that bad for you, but the packages of salt it comes with are horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    I don't even eat the other crap that's in it. Instant food can bugger off into the nether for all I care. It's a bane on humanity.
    Mmm, bane of humanity.

OT: yup, the broth is the best part! but I don't really go for the american-typical grocery store ramen. The imported stuff at the local Asian market has dried veggies and better quality noodles /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Fresh ramen soup, yes. Because it's soup.

I don't eat the instant junk. That stuff is super unhealthy and kills you with it's enormous amounts of salt.