Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Warbringers] Jaina's Seance

I'm curious about the ghosts and ghost ships with Jaina. Are those reflections in her memory, or is she dabbling with Drust magic or some sort of spirit-binding arcane necromancy to bring to bear against the Horde? I believe there are examples of interactions between ghosts and the arcane around Karazhan and with older Kaldorei sites and the Shen'dralar.

Is spiritual medium the new direction for the Lady of Theramore? Or are these merely visions and memories? This is all feeling very Pirates of the Caribbean, and somewhere between Miss Cleo's hotline and Crossing Over with John Edward.

Some neat voice over to go along with the last shot, clearly Mark Addy (famously King Robert Baratheon in Game of Thrones).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

7+ Year Old Account
    she's most likely in thros there, judging by the souls.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I-is that Rexxar jumping at Daelin? Looks awesome... Also, I swear if they make it seem as if the Horde were the bad guys at the battle of Theramore, I'll fling my own poop at Ion!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Mmmm casting someone already known for playing someone who wrongfully went to war and wiped out and entire group of people as someone who wrongfully went to war and tried to wipe out a group of people.

I see what you did there Blizzard, love it! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I-is that Rexxar jumping at Daelin? Looks awesome... Also, I swear if they make it seem as if the Horde were the bad guys at the battle of Theramore, I'll fling my own poop at Ion!
    You mean golden?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Thros is apparently some aspect of the Shadowlands that has erupted into the material world, completely consuming the island known in Kul Tiras as "Fate's End." Enemies of the state are exiled to Fate's End where they then enter into Thros, the Blighted Lands, which is apparently the afterlife realm where the Drust found themselves after their failed campaign against the Human settlers of Kul Tiras. Apparently they take joy in dredging up Jaina's memories and re-contextualizing them to torment her, and the Alliance Champion with the aid of a Thornspeaker Druid named Ufar (alongside Katherine Proudmoore) have to enter Thros to recover Jaina's soul.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    You mean golden?
    Nah Ion. Somehow seems wrong to hurl feces at a little old Lady

10+ Year Old Account
    I-is that Rexxar jumping at Daelin? Looks awesome...
    I hope not. That Rexxar isn't nearly big enough! My immediate assumption was that it recounted an embittered Second War experience of Daelin on some island fighting sea-faring orcs. The developers really didn't do enough with the backstory for AU Stormreaver orcs in WoD. There was so much potential.

Also, I swear if they make it seem as if the Horde were the bad guys at the battle of Theramore, I'll fling my own poop at Ion!
    I believe the intention was to make Jaina out to be the villain in the eyes of the Alliance for stabbing her father in the service of idealism. Were it not for that moment, Teldrassil may still stand. Note Daelin's blatant xenophobia in the unrelated video at the bottom of the post. He's terribly racist, and simultaneously not wrong. That's precisely the point of view the Alliance player needs to see to drum them up for war.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Mmmm casting someone already known for playing someone who wrongfully went to war and wiped out and entire group of people as someone who wrongfully went to war and tried to wipe out a group of people.

I see what you did there Blizzard, love it! ;D
    Oooo, we have a Targaryen loyalist ladies and gentlemen!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Thros is apparently some aspect of the Shadowlands that has erupted into the material world, completely consuming the island known in Kul Tiras as "Fate's End." Enemies of the state are exiled to Fate's End where they then enter into Thros, the Blighted Lands, which is apparently the afterlife realm where the Drust found themselves after their failed campaign against the Human settlers of Kul Tiras. Apparently they take joy in dredging up Jaina's memories and re-contextualizing them to torment her, and the Alliance Champion with the aid of a Thornspeaker Druid named Ufar (alongside Katherine Proudmoore) have to enter Thros to recover Jaina's soul.
    It's probably getting redundant hearing me say this after all of your posts, but that's really cool.
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    I hope not. That Rexxar isn't nearly big enough! My immediate assumption was that it recounted an embittered Second War experience of Daelin on some island fighting sea-faring orcs. The developers really didn't do enough with the backstory for AU Stormreaver orcs in WoD. There was so much potential.

I believe the intention was to make Jaina out to be the villain in the eyes of the Alliance for stabbing her father in the service of idealism. Were it not for that moment, Teldrassil may still stand. Note Daelin's blatant xenophobia in the unrelated video at the bottom of the post. He's terribly racist, and simultaneously not wrong. That's precisely the point of view the Alliance player needs to see to drum them up for war.

Oooo, we have a Targaryen loyalist ladies and gentlemen!

It's probably getting redundant hearing me say this after all of your posts, but that's really cool.
    The idea for a AU Stormreaver Clan was scrapped super early in the WoD Alpha, they went with the Shadow Council instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea for a AU Stormreaver Clan was scrapped super early in the WoD Alpha, they went with the Shadow Council instead.
    Yeah, but I liked it. I think Gul'dan was supposed to hail from them, or have joined them or something. Orcs who reave like Danes to survive really fits their character of fighting for survival (rather than because they're "evil"). Nautical stuff is wonderful.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree. That one deserves a tomahawk.

Problem is that Ion gives no shit about lore.

In one of the recent Q&A's he talked about how "shades of grey" has been a theme within Warcraft since the RTS games.

Shades of grey.
    In Warcraft 1 / 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    well they cant make us alliance look bad, soo....... XD
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

#DaelinWasRight #DaelinDidNothingWrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Problem is that Ion gives no shit about lore.

In one of the recent Q&A's he talked about how "shades of grey" has been a theme within Warcraft since the RTS games.

Shades of grey.
    In Warcraft 1 / 2.
    Well if people think current horde / Sylvanas is "morally grey" then W1/2 was grey as well

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    You mean golden?
    you give too much credit if you think Golden is the only one who are writing there

Yeah I think this is during her exile to Thros... which doesn't make much sense considering timeline wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    I'm curious about the ghosts and ghost ships with Jaina. Are those reflections in her memory, or is she dabbling with Drust magic or some sort of spirit-binding arcane necromancy to bring to bear against the Horde? I believe there are examples of interactions between ghosts and the arcane around Karazhan and with older Kaldorei sites and the Shen'dralar.

Is spiritual medium the new direction for the Lady of Theramore? Or are these merely visions and memories? This is all feeling very Pirates of the Caribbean, and somewhere between Miss Cleo's hotline and Crossing Over with John Edward.

Some neat voice over to go along with the last shot, clearly Mark Addy (famously King Robert Baratheon in Game of Thrones).
    There are many actors that sound alike. You hear that particular actor because it's the only reference you have. I'm not sure it's him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a full on Shadowlands patch, featuring Sylvanas, Bwonsamdi ,Bolvar, lots of dead character souls. Ripe for potential.

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    you give too much credit if you think Golden is the only one who are writing there
    she is a senior dev that is working on the storyline/plot. she is the most bias dev i have ever seen.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor