Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Trump told 60 Minutes during the campaign that with his healthcare plan “I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.”

I guess he's holding out on sharing that plan as punishment for not us not loving him enough?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    you can thank Obama and the democrats for our awful healthcare system they forced on us.
    You can thank people like Kamov who think this system was not a mess before the ACA......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    I got turned down by THREE healthcare companies. I had to sign up for Medicaid to get disability. My mom says I don't really need the money, but only Medicaid would take me.

I heard that if you earn too much, you can lose your disability.

The healthcare system in America is a complete joke.
    Why is this so suspect.

How were you turned down by THREE healthcare companies, when they cannot deny you for pre-existing???

What exactly were you "turned down" for.

You do not need to sign up for Medicaid to get any type of disability in this country. Usually you get Medicaid once you are determined to be fully disabled and/or below income thresholds.

Also Medicaid is based on household income if your mom is your primary care giver and is paying for the majority of your expenses.

Also sounds like you are getting something you really do not qualify for??

Disability is for people whom cannot work, if you can work and "earn too much" then you are not disabled.

This whole thread hurts my head

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you go to Cuba for treatment ? I heard healthcare there is great and free. And Cuba may be pretty close to you, depending on the state you live.

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    Give Trump administration a bit more time to fix what Obama has broken, will be great!
    I generally ignore what you write, but honestly its because I can never tell if you're serious or being satirical.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    I got turned down by THREE healthcare companies. I had to sign up for Medicaid to get disability. My mom says I don't really need the money, but only Medicaid would take me.

I heard that if you earn too much, you can lose your disability.

The healthcare system in America is a complete joke.

Still waiting for the info on why you were turned down and how that was possible under current law.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    How are you working if you are disabled? That is what disability is for.
    You can work and be disabled at the same time. For example, you may be a blind programmer. You could be very good at your job, but you'd still need special braille screens and hardware to support you in your job. Those things aren't cheap. Or you could be a superb accountant, but need medication for a chronic illness that doesn't come cheap in the US, because US pharma likes to exploit people suffering.

And so on, and so forth...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The American healthcare system is actually one of the best and most efficient in the world at what it's designed for.

It's just a shame it's designed around extracting wealth from the population of the country, rather than giving them actual healthcare.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

A few posters brought up the research levels in the U.S., just thought I'd pop this in to support it

https://www.forbes.com/sites/matthew.../#29bc4ebe1a71

That being said, where the research happens is irrelevant, R&D might see a slight decline but don't even think for a minute that a company won't still dump money into future products even if they will earn them 10 or even 20% less. Many of these are companies currently raking in profits, they have the margins to lose quite a bit and still be perfectly fine.

Many R&Ds are already moving base to less expensive and less regulated countries https://www.medpagetoday.com/Infecti...sDisease/24708 with concerns about slowdown in developments, but so far the moves have been a win for research overall. SEA and China are getting a lot of interest and have a booming medical industry that will grow to support future research as well http://www.pharmexec.com/medical-tou...each-94bn-2020

In short, the U.S. system is not the be all end all and if it changes, companies are already in positions to shift to elsewhere. We'll still have plenty of advancements, and shifts in research to less regulated or restricted countries might have a net overall benefit.
    If ever I give inaccurate information, I will apologize when corrected and adjust my views. It will be a cold day in hell before I stick to a falsehood out of misguided principles. If ever I insult you though, trust it to be an accurate insult, which I will not apologize for nor adjust my view of you.