Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    left her a monster.
    she was a monster even before growing tentacles.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    OMG!! You see that Arthas? So badass! Really Hyped

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Ohh no, not this bullshit again.

Do you remember the ones for Warlords? The ones that set the different warlords out to be cool, full of personality and zeal, yet the game showed nothing of that? This is proberly gonna be the same thing again O.o

I hate that they make these, because it hypes people up for some characters, who are not that deep in game and which only gets a shallow apperance compared to what the shorts show.... God, i hate this fake theatre of character bloating.
    Yeah Jaina, Sylvanas and Azshara are definitely "not that deep in the game".

God i hate it when people make stupid comments before thinking on this forum.
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2018-07-16 at 09:47 PM.

Jaina my gurl! Can't wait to see what she was up to.

Azshara, about time she gets screentime, one of the most fabled characters ever.

Sylvanas... she's undead now and morally grey, we know that. She used to be cool fighting to the last against the Scourge.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Aw yeah, Azshara! Hope we'll get a glimpse of Nazjatar, and that we see more of N'Zoth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Men did not break them. They made them SJWbringers.

Also, remember how it ended up in WoD? Seeing how Sylvanas has become super dumb archvillain and Azshara is guaranteed to fail at everything and become a loot pinata, guess where it goes...

They want strong female characters. Why not develop Lady Liadrinn, Thalyssra, Tyrande. Last has a fucking reason why she should become warbringer.
    Genn with his relations to Anduin (Father that lost son-Son that lost father). They used to create strong characters that lasts through the expansions (Arthas, Illidan etc.) even after their deaths/inprions/banish. Now it's a clearly fanservice and no more. Instead of good storytelling, you've become monster that cares nothing more but fr the profits. When you focused so much on profit - you're losing your playerbase -> losing profits. Basically they took an ak and shot their legs

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Sylvanas has become super dumb archvillain
    but she hasn't

she is doing things for the Horde

and if Alliance happens to burn in the process is none of our concern

an all Horde Azeroth sounds just fine to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Isn't the point of these three characters that they WERE broken by war?

Jaina went from a pacifist to genocidal ideation.
    Azshara was forced into a pact with an old God that left her a monster.
    Sylvanas has been raised from the dead, forced to act against her will and then after regaining her freedom has turned into what she claimed to loath.

That seems pretty varying levels of broken, even if they're still limping along.
    I guess, but you could also say that they were made "warbringers" instead of broken (Like Thrall, that literally became a broken man in Legion or maybe Saurfang with what have been happening -basically letting himself root in prison)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    Anduin has no backstory? He has been around since I started playing in WOTLK. He had a decent story arc in MOP. So far I have seen him go from being a little kid to choosing to be a priest and learn healing from the Pandaren healers. He felt powerless in Legion until he sent to see where his father died and picked up Varian's sword. He has picked up the mantle of king of SW and is developing into a leader.
    He's still a garbage and empty shell story wise compared to either of them. You're not gonna tell me his daddy died story and suddenly he's leading the alliance and all before that matches up to Sylvanas - Arthas story which was complex, dark and extremely rich in lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, remember how it ended up in WoD? Seeing how Sylvanas has become super dumb archvillain and Azshara is guaranteed to fail at everything and become a loot pinata, guess where it goes...
    The Azshara part is quite sad, especially if she's that strong, she should be the end tier boss and Nzoth should be the mythic only boss to follow it.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    The Azshara part is quite sad, especially if she's that strong, she should be the end tier boss and Nzoth should be the mythic only boss to follow it.
    There's just no way they would ever make such a massive character as N'zoth, one of the few Old Gods on Azeroth, an exclusive boss available only to a percentage of the player base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    There's just no way they would ever make such a massive character as N'zoth, one of the few Old Gods on Azeroth, an exclusive boss available only to a percentage of the player base.
    you mean like sinestra the only consort of deathwing to survive mating in his maddened form only available to heroic raiders (now mythic), or ra-den being only available to heroic (now mythic) quality players, or most recently illidan in demon form as part of the gul'dan encounter only available to mythic players, there's precedent for it and it's not something blizz are afraid to do but with the way things are now it's unlikely cos LFR hero mcgee over there will flood the forums whining about not being able to experience it all.

Theory: Azshara burns Teldrassil in order to put Alliance on full tilt against the Horde...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    What's that at 00:15 btw? Guessing N'zoth?
    Either N'zoth or prophet Zuls helmet

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    but she hasn't

she is doing things for the Horde

and if Alliance happens to burn in the process is none of our concern

an all Horde Azeroth sounds just fine to me
    If she was doing things for the Horde, she would've finished Malfurion.

Deleted

O damn, now that you mention it. These 3 characters all have in common is that they were exploited by men, then discarded after the man had no more use for them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Yeah Jaina, Sylvanas and Azshara are definitely "not that deep in the game".

God i hate it when people make stupid comments before thinking on this forum.
    My friend, very few characters are deep in the game. Most characters in the game are glorified questgivers and does not act at all like they put them forward in short stories, novels and other media versions. This is what i mean will proberly happend with Sylvanas and Jaina, where they will proberly do a few active things in the first patch, but are then gonna be delegated to be faction statues for the rest of the expansion except the last patch, with us doing everything else in between and not seeing a fucking shadow of them.

God i hate when people makes presumed comments about other peoples behavier on this forum.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Glad we get animated shorts after all, after claims we wouldn't.

The Arthas cameo has me exited more than anything else!
    I don't care about the main characters in the videos though, hope there is also some focus on the rest.

Deleted
    Arthas would have alot of fun with those 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brader View Post
    Arthas would have alot of fun with those 3.
    Considering he was more into taking apart abominations, than doing 1 of them back when his meat still worked, i highly doubt that.