Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Created account just to post on this thread. I'm up to 329 hc kills so far (slacking on mythic; raid is just too damn long for me). Need to re-up on rolls pretty soon -- got around 40 left. Keep up with the grind everyone, and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by dodric View Post
    Created account just to post on this thread. I'm up to 329 hc kills so far (slacking on mythic; raid is just too damn long for me). Need to re-up on rolls pretty soon -- got around 40 left. Keep up with the grind everyone, and good luck!
    ha same, figured I had to share the awful experience with some people!

120 kills in now, I was hoping I'd be one of the lucky ones >.>

Anyone poked at this since the pre-patch hit?

Yes, still easily soloable. Currently at 1050 kills w/o tusks..

Any increased loot? From what I read I guess I was under the assumption there'd be increased amounts of loot but people are telling me this isn't the case?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paulyash View Post
    Any increased loot? From what I read I guess I was under the assumption there'd be increased amounts of loot but people are telling me this isn't the case?
    personal loot current content gets 6 pieces instead of 4 iirc.

legacy loot is for heroic / normal dif.

mythic was already capped at 20 people and all the loot for 20 people droped even if you were alone.

but with the new legacy loot system i bet you wont get the stuff you want faster also... because just that there is more loot dropping it doesnt mean that the one thing you miss will drop. we all know this... the RNG "knows" what we are missing and will never give it to us... because if we would get it we wouldnt play anymore ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post

mythic was already capped at 20 people and all the loot for 20 people droped even if you were alone.

but with the new legacy loot system i bet you wont get the stuff you want faster also... because just that there is more loot dropping it doesnt mean that the one thing you miss will drop. we all know this... the RNG "knows" what we are missing and will never give it to us... because if we would get it we wouldnt play anymore ;D
    if more stuff drops you have a higher chance of getting what you want, so your argument is bs..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paulyash View Post
    Did garrosh 5 times today he allways drop 7 loot and its all RNG mail/cloth etc.
    Last edited by mmocec4a551860; 2018-07-18 at 12:45 PM.

Yeah, before you could go Personal Loot and have a one out of 6-7 to get the loot you wanted. Now it is 5-7~ loots out of the entire loot table. *shrug*

At least SoO is still doable after the stat squish (some bosses were a pain though -.-).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Anyone else getting ALOT less loot on bonus rolls after pre-patch? I am lucky if I get one item per 15 coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannevond1 View Post
    Anyone else getting ALOT less loot on bonus rolls after pre-patch? I am lucky if I get one item per 15 coin.

I haven't noticed it any less really, I have peaks with a few items often and then periods with none for a lot!

Feeling painful now though, gonna take a while

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannevond1 View Post
    I had that happen constantly before patch too. I had multiple streaks where I got nothing at all. Just keep at it, it is RNG and sometimes it really blows. I suggest making the run as smooth as possible by stacking speed gear (RIP bear tartare ) and also putting on some good music, stream or movie/tv-show in the background and just push.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I actually did not want to post here that I got it since I feel so bad for all that has to endure this trial. But I wanted to share what I did and how many tries it took at least so that maybe someone can get it sooner rather than later.

(cannot post image to my raid achievements)

These are the logged kills on my main Warrior. I also ran 1 run per week with my Paladin and Death Knight. So, in total it was about ~625 logged kills counting both Heroic and Mythic.

For coins/charms I always tried to farm at least 2000 at once so I dod not have to go back and forth to the Island. I farmed frogs and made a group either inviting other nearby players or through LFG. If you are a group just pick a spot and kill all, if everyone in the group covers the entire area they will instantly re-spawn and your charm rate per hour increases a lot. Ranged classes and AoE abilities is king here. Feral Druids or Frost Death Knights did amazing at killing everything.

Skipping role-playing. You do this by pulling mobs to the boss on top of him. He will start yabbering but will soon disappear and reappear instantly targetable. You should only drag the "blobs", all the other trash that are humanoid needs to die. The "reapers" will stun you which slows you down running to the boss. The casters can bug out the reset process or the encounter when they spawn extra adds that become unkillable unless their master is killed. I recommend having at least 8 blobs pulled before rushing to Garrosh since some die on their way there. Active speed at the very last part of the ledge since the blobs will path on the sides and it is faster to make them go on their path instantly rather than having them follow you to the ledge and then go back and onto the sides.

Skipping 1 out of the 3 nightmare phases. The nightmare phase that looks like the other MoP raid (don't remember the name) can be skipped if you attack the boss as he pulls you up or immediately when you get up. I used Bladestorm since I was a warrior when we phased. This saves a lot of time.

Getting out fast to reset. You can leave the raid group early during the encounter in order to get ported outside faster (it takes 60 seconds to get ported out of a dungeon). I usually left the party as soon as Garrosh calls in his adds and goes to the center of the room. However; all of this depends on you kill-speed. You do not want to get ported out before killing the boss for obvious reasons

One account. I did this on one account since I am not blessed with more. Having more accounts could increase you chances since you can run a group of plate users and if run optimally you will be able to run more rans in a shorter time. However; either you don't have more accounts or don't want to deal with the extra time it takes to set everyone to follow one character and not being able to use speed increasing abilities and items.
    Anyway, you first need one character with a "save". Basically you go in and kill all bosses except Garrosh (the last one). Now, when you and others enter the raid you will spawn not too far away from Garrosh. You only need to do this once, and then every week you go in and re-activate the "save" (extend lock out) in the Raid menu (default under "o" keybind). This does not need to be done on a Plate class or the class you intend to farm the shoulders on. I did it on the Demon Hunter since I figured I could clear the raid fast with him.

So, when you have a raid you just log in with it; create an LFG group and call it whatever. I usually just called it "a" and then made it private. The reason why I made it private was to avoid having other joining in and messing my runs up. You also need to make in accept anyone who wants to join automatically.
    As for loot options and converting it to raid I am not sure which is best. Before the patch I always converted to raid and set to group loot. Now you might not need to and just run a group.
    Then you log on to your farm character. The fastest way to do this is by parking your "save character" in a town so that you can log out instantly. You will find your group (in blue since it is a guild/personal group) in the LFG interface. You have about 30 seconds to join it since that is how long the "save character" is timed out. You need to join the group fast before the timeout; otherwise the leadership and the save will not be passed on. You actually need to enter the raid before this times out too. If you fail with this process you will end up in the very beginning of the instance, so you will notice it clearly.
    Now just run you farm and repeat everything.

In order to log back on to your "save character" and create a new group I found launching another game client was fastest, since you skip the 20 second logout timer.

That was it. Sorry for the wall of text but I figured that this would compliment the more shorter explanation made earlier in threads.

Good luck all! This was truly a pain (took about 3 weeks of nothing but farming when I logged on) but it was well worth it for a wannabe Orc Warrior of the Horde!

Deleted
    Does anyone know how to fix this macro for creating groups? They broke it with the prepatch because the LFG was changed (I used it on my alt to make fast groups)

/run C_LFGList.CreateListing (385, "NAME HERE", 0, 0, "", "!", true, false)
    Last edited by mmoc24a410e617; 2018-07-21 at 04:29 AM.

Thanks, Gnomaholic for the tips. Certainly helped to speed up my runs a little!

Im now a little over 200 kills, I guess I hoped it'd be one of the lucky ones :'( . Reality about this taking forever is beginning to set in now dohhh

Didn't they make it so you can't automate group names?
    Kaltra - Vengeance DH Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Anyone poked at this since the pre-patch hit?
    Galakras fight bugs out occasionally and the npcs on your side die extremely fast.

Deleted
    Anyone feeling a big damage nerf since this patch? I feel completely useless as blood DK, can't even push him to 2nd phase sometimes. My top damage is "Attack" according to Skada and it's twice more than my 2nd (Death Strike) which makes no sense

I don't think it's the loss of the artifact, we don't have that much damage in it so it must be a scaling bug

Quote Originally Posted by Fourzero View Post
    Anyone feeling a big damage nerf since this patch? I feel completely useless as blood DK, can't even push him to 2nd phase sometimes. My top damage is "Attack" according to Skada and it's twice more than my 2nd (Death Strike) which makes no sense

I don't think it's the loss of the artifact, we don't have that much damage in it so it must be a scaling bug
    Well, AA damage had been increased in the beta last time I checked, so that might be normal. Scaling in old raids is terrible though. Had no trouble with SoO but Ra-Den is a pain in the ass for example. And shit just takes a lot longer to die in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post

Tinfoil hat much

Deleted
    560 kills already. Does anyone use 2 characters (different realms) to skip the whole 1 hour wait lockout? I tried going inside SoO multiple times on a diff character on another realm and it worked so I'm thinking of doubling my kills instead of waiting 1 hour for nothing