5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    if barca get kante and hazard rip chelsea
    Barca seems pretty serious about William as well. Plus, there's been rumors since last season that Courtois will go to Real Madrid.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's coming home!

surprised United got that much for him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    He's coming home!
    Good player, shame Mou only likes tall defenders, not ones that can play football. I think that may be a theme in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Good player, shame Mou only likes tall defenders, not ones that can play football. I think that may be a theme in general.
    What I like about Blind is that he can play on multiple positions including as 6. For Ajax this is an enormous deal. It's the second under 30 PL player Ajax manages to buy this season, the other one is Dusan Tadic. Of course, while Ajax has money to burn at the moment, the flip side is that we've become a seller's team really. It is what it is and I totally understand the Dutch league is shite but it is somewhat depressing.

Next up Barcelona offering 50m for Frenkie de Jong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see Chelsea have hired a homophobic racist as their new manager. Never going to change at that club, is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I see Chelsea have hired a homophobic racist as their new manager. Never going to change at that club, is it?
    If he can add antisemetism to the list, then they might have found the perfect match. Might even last more than 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he did buy Lindelöf. He is not very tall and is actually pretty good with the ball

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Well he did buy Lindelöf. He is not very tall and is actually pretty good with the ball
    Became a regular too.

Oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Became a regular too.

Oh wait.
    Nope but he still bought him

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood why ManU bought Lindelöf, he's a much poorer player than Daley Blind. At least Blind can be played as CB, WB and 6, and is better with the ball. True, Blind's main weakness is off the ball, why Mourinho doesn't much like him.

Blind was alright but you're not winning the prem with him in midfield and we have better defenders already.

Darmian next to sell please and then buy Sandro

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I never understood why ManU bought Lindelöf, he's a much poorer player than Daley Blind. At least Blind can be played as CB, WB and 6, and is better with the ball. True, Blind's main weakness is off the ball, why Mourinho doesn't much like him.
    Dude hes been at the club one season learning a new league that is completely different to the one he was in.

And at the end of the season he was far better than smalling/jones

he was solid for Sweden at the world cup, hes way better than blind.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-07-17 at 08:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reports coming in that Liverpool and Roma have a greed on a 75 million euro deal for Allison. If that goes through Liverpool have spent almost 300 million euros on transfers this year (if you count Keita as this year). Sure they sold Coutinho for like 120 million, but still..... They better start winning something now.

The fans sure cant be martyrs and keep going on about how the other top teams just buy their teams for shit loads of money while they dont!

Now if United could just make a proper transfer this window maybe id feel abit better

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Reports coming in that Liverpool and Roma have a greed on a 75 million euro deal for Allison. If that goes through Liverpool have spent almost 300 million euros on transfers this year (if you count Keita as this year). Sure they sold Coutinho for like 120 million, but still..... They better start winning something now.

The fans sure cant be martyrs and keep going on about how the other top teams just buy their teams for shit loads of money while they dont!

Now if United could just make a proper transfer this window maybe id feel abit better
    On a side note, this seems to be putting the Courtois to Real Madrid transfer on hold. Chelsea was chasing Allison as a replacement for Courtois, they now need to find another option before they want to let Courtois go.

Hoping that Juve need to get a bit of cash back from the ronaldo deal for FFP and will sell Sandro, would love to see utd line up like this next season

Moving to a 4-2-2-2 instead of the 4-2-3-1 which struggled breaking down stubborn teams and needed them to attack so we could counter.

Imagine the line up of,

Sanchez Lukaku

Pogba Lingard

Matic Fred

Sandro Lindelof Bailly Valencia

De Gea

Return to the classic two up front which seems to be coming back in to fashion and give big Rom some help up top and Sanchez some help also. They can pull and move defenders around together and should get plenty of service from that midfield

Where are the wings in that side though? I think a lineup like that would get very cluttered centrally and then other teams would use their strong wingers to punish us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Where are the wings in that side though? I think a lineup like that would get very cluttered centrally and then other teams would use their strong wingers to punish us.
    It doesnt shape up like that on the field. They would move out to the wider areas when attacking and come in compact when defending.

When the RB bombs forward the LB moves into the center and makes it a temporary back 3 while in possession and vice versa on both sides depending on whos running forward and leaving room behind them.

Both Sanchez and lukaku would be out on the wings pulling defenders out making space for each other and coming in centrally etc

Matic and fred do the dirty work in covering and pogba and lingard get freedom to find pockets of space

10+ Year Old Account
    Heads up, this thread will be replaced on the 1st of August.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay new thread! New terrible predictions from me.

Deleted
    Alisson is never worth what Liverpool are paying.
    Like, not even close.

One decent season and the guy is worth a fortune? Nah.

Just hope nobody gets any ideas about Lopes. We've always been blessed with good keepers, from Coupet to Lloris and now Lopes.

I seem to say this every transfer window ... but football really has gone to ratchet.