Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What class will you main in the start?

Hey!

I've had a very difficult time trying to decide what class I want to main in the start of BfA - including pre-patch.

It would be great to hear some thoughts from you what you're going to main/have as alt/PvP as/PvE as and why!
    I've currently based most of my decision-making on the combination of PvP/PvE, and then which race that would mean for me in terms of in-game feel.

So, post what you're choosing and your thoughts!

Seriously ? play what YOU like, not what OTHERS like, you have one month to find which class / spec to main, unless you want a FOTM class.

Deleted
    Im sticking with my warrior always. Whenever I try to switch main, I always come back to warrior. So Warrior it is for moi!

I like stabbing stuff, so im gonna stick with what worked since always...

Rogue. (everyone pls turn on pvp flag, thanks.)

Blood Elf Mage, same thing I've played for the last six expansions.

Against all odds - Shaman

It's been my main since TBC, and yes, I'm not particullary excited knowing the specs are so-so in their current state, but it's the love for the class itself that makes me stick around.
    Don't high end raid anymore, so performance isn't that much of a a dealbreaker anymore, and I've learned that I usually stick around subbed way longer if I try to play what I find fun rather than trying to play FOTM

Deleted
    I'm going to main my Highmountain shaman (PvE/PvP). The return of Tremor Totem will give the class some interesting utility, and I like the fact that shaman in general have a lot of buffs and situational abilities. Moreover, shaman can do both ranged dps and healing, my two favourite roles. The Chain Lightnings and Lava Bursts from an angry, totem-carrying moose will be a sight to behold.

For alts, I have my eyes set on monk and priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Seriously ? play what YOU like, not what OTHERS like, you have one month to find which class / spec to main, unless you want a FOTM class.
    He's not asking us to pick his class for him though, he's asking what we picked and why. It can help hearing peoples though-process in order to figure out your own decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always been a holy priest. Will stay a holy priest.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Demonhunterpandaretributionsurvivaldisciplinearcanepriest

I am sticking with what I LIKE MOST and that has been Rdruid, ever since vanilla. Not gonna change, no matter how badly they will nerf it.

Same as I always do. Play a warrior and priest as first alt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteFang View Post
    He's not asking us to pick his class for him though, he's asking what we picked and why. It can help hearing peoples though-process in order to figure out your own decision.
    Whatever people will tell you, the choice will always be yours, so it all depends on your tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteFang View Post
    Against all odds - Shaman

It's been my main since TBC, and yes, I'm not particullary excited knowing the specs are so-so in their current state, but it's the love for the class itself that makes me stick around.
    Don't high end raid anymore, so performance isn't that much of a a dealbreaker anymore, and I've learned that I usually stick around subbed way longer if I try to play what I find fun rather than trying to play FOTM
    I was also thinking Shaman, but the recent non-existent changes to elemental makes it a "?" for me. I really loved Ele Mage Tower challenge but that doesn't say much (I haven't mained Shaman before)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erondur View Post
    Demonhunterpandaretributionsurvivaldisciplinearcanepriest
    Was thinking the same, actually!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masophet View Post
    I'm going to main my Highmountain shaman (PvE/PvP). The return of Tremor Totem will give the class some interesting utility, and I like the fact that shaman in general have a lot of buffs and situational abilities. Moreover, shaman can do both ranged dps and healing, my two favourite roles. The Chain Lightnings and Lava Bursts from an angry, totem-carrying moose will be a sight to behold.

For alts, I have my eyes set on monk and priest.
    Very nice explanation. Like I explained to TheWhiteFang I was also thinking of Shaman, I just don't have any experience of them beyond healing really (which I really liked).

Monk has always been on my mind - like a plague in a way. I love the way they work but the class itself is so damn boring!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was about to retire my druid mid ways through beta but the balance changes has made me change my mind. I'll be the same old Druid, Balance / Resto.

I've just come back 2 days before pre-patch (rip me) and honestly I'm going to stick with demon hunter. I love the style, I use to play boomkin but spellcasters seem so naff now that I generally don't enjoy them.

All aboard the FOTM Warrior train. Choo choo.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Altoholic here, so will most likely level 20+ toons to max, just like Legion and Wod and MoP and Wrath and BC.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

I'm going to try feral at launch, I have a gut feeling that if I want to give pvp a serious shake I might have to reroll but I'm going to give it everything before I resort to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    I like stabbing stuff, so im gonna stick with what worked since always...

Rogue. (everyone pls turn on pvp flag, thanks.)
    FIGHT ME!

(Holy Pally)