Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love it. I recently did all classic, BC and wotlk quests, they are awesome. Doing cata now. Group quests are bad, because it's hard to find a group nowadays, but otherwise I've had pretty good experience. May be you're trying to do too much at once? I'm doing 5-10 quests a day. Too bad that BfA is so soon, I won't be able to finish all quests in time and will have to hurry up, don't want to miss new addon time!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    I know there are folks that enjoy the new “smoother” leveling system. I get that. I, however, absolutely hate it. I’ve leveled enough characters that the isn’t really novelty to it and it’s one of the things I hate the most in the game. Leveling in new content is fun and engaging. Doing the BC and WOTLK just isn’t for me. But I want the heritage armor so I’m doing it, or at least I’m trying.

How do you endure it? It’s driving me bonkers because it’s so BORING.
    I hate leveling and with them making it like they did in MOP where you cant grind instances to level... Fuck this I am sick of leveling, I just want to be max level so I can do Dungeons and Raids and Gear my characters. I don't care about story any more and I could care less about quests, don't think I have read a single quest text ever, I have always used Quest Helper or the in game version and unless there is a cinematic Ill keep doing this. Unless they go th SWTOR route I will never give 2 shits about quests or story from now on. Sargeras is gone the game has basically ended IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    I know there are folks that enjoy the new “smoother” leveling system. I get that. I, however, absolutely hate it. I’ve leveled enough characters that the isn’t really novelty to it and it’s one of the things I hate the most in the game. Leveling in new content is fun and engaging. Doing the BC and WOTLK just isn’t for me. But I want the heritage armor so I’m doing it, or at least I’m trying.

How do you endure it? It’s driving me bonkers because it’s so BORING.
    i can see where you are coming from OP. it would get tedious and annoying to do it multiple times.

What I do is plan a story route and honestly I just take my time. For example, i leveled an enhance shaman. I decided to do just kalimdor storyline, then BC (skip wrath), then MOP (Skip cata), then WOD (only main story quests) and into Legion.

The changes are small but they help. e.g kalimdor, I mostly lore rather than faction war. So I avoided ashenvale, stonetalon and such. I did however do barrens because I heard good things (and it was actually pretty damn awesome).

Now I am leveling a warrior and ill take a different path. Instead of kalimdor I am going through eastern kingdoms. But I want to focus on some faction war and some lore with the dwarves. So Ill be aiming for things like arathi, hinterlands, burning steepes, loch modan. and of course, the day deathwing came. Stuff like that.

I feel this way it gets a bit immersive this way. I make a point to sit and read the quest text. take my time. chase after rares. I switch talents around alot, because at max level you are pigeon holed to a setting. So that adds some random ass stuff. I know this wont work for everyone, I dont main raid anymore, and my alts are just farm characters at max level. So I dont need to rush to level or even worry about gearing them up unless one day i feel like it.

most of all. dont treat it like a task and dont level too much. Leave a bit of a gap between characters.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I wanted a Highmoutain Tauren warrior with heritage armor and stuff. I abandonned the project at 65.

No use to buy a boost since I wont have the heritage armor.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I never understood why people treat a game as a 2nd job. If you are NOT HAVING FUN with a VIDEO GAME, stop playing it. You say you leveled too many characters, then why are you complaining about leveling more? Did Blizzard point a gun to your head and forced you to level more alts? If you don't enjoy leveling, DON'T LEVEL NEW CAHRACTERS
    Some people enjoy having multiple characters at max level. I know I do. That doesn’t mean I enjoy leveling after the 2nd or 3rd time. Well, maybe the 4th time as I usually try to level a different experience on both Horde and Alliance. Outside of a race’s starting zone, there’s almost no variety left to be discovered from a lore/storytelling standpoint.
    The alternatives for me are (a) don’t level anymore characters or (b) pay for a character boost to skip all of that. As I don’t want to do either of those, I’d rather just level them.
    Sometimes, the downside of slow leveling is outweighed by how much I enjoy playing a max level character.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post
    I don't endure it. I'm done leveling forever. It's a plague now. And I have no intention of supporting this kind of dishonest design, baiting people into wasting time with old content for 1 cheap set.
    Thank you. Especially after increasing the health on all mobs to make it even longer.

By leveling toons casually instead of trying to brute force my way to max level. By taking my time and using my imagination. By not leveling 50 toons a year and wondering why I'm getting tired of it.

I listed to drama time from preach or listen to some audiobook

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I wanted a Highmoutain Tauren warrior with heritage armor and stuff. I abandonned the project at 65.
    yeah 60-80 is really bad

5+ Year Old Account
    Constantly doing some BGs (if you are into it) helps a lot with the boredom of classic questing. I use to do it a lot.

A good soundtrack is always welcome, also.

I just would like them to make it more productive, make it something you can farm gold well doing, or farm appearances well ect. But I enjoy leveling, so its not really an issue for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now this isn't necessarily directed at the OP, but there are a lot of people who seem to feel they have to get the heritage armor and are "enduring" the leveling process. Are you putting yourself through this just so you can say you did it? Are you actually transmogging to the heritage armor for more than a few days once you get it?

If you are, then good for you. I'm sorry you don't enjoy the process, but congrats on finishing it if you have. If you really don't enjoy it and don't expect to use the transmog for more than a couple of days, why not just ignore it and do something you enjoy? No one is forcing you to do this. Just work on something you'd prefer to get.

That said, when I level a new character, I go through zones that I haven't done in years to see those stories again. I may have done them all years ago, but I prefer it to just burning through the fastest zones in some kind of race. It makes the process more fun for me.

Set small goals and milestones.

For me, it's usually the next travel boost.

Also, put Paul Stanley's "Live to Win" on a continuous loop.
    Last edited by Jeina; 2018-07-17 at 04:35 PM.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

How I get through it, OP:

I have an ipad and I set it up next to the monitor, and then I watch shows on netflix or amazon prime that don't require a ton of cognitive investment. Not the things that I enjoy a ton and want to pay attention to; something that's enjoyable as background. Documentaries sometimes, because a lot of their content is audio. Same with podcasts or news radio or something that again is mainly audio content. The goal is to engage the brain in some meaningful way, because leveling your 23rd alt does not do that, but also leave you *just* enough processing power to level alts. Which, again, isn't much.

With War Mode now in the game I think it will be much more enjoyable. My favorite times were leveling on a pvp server

I've leveled a lot of toons at this point. I noticed when I tried to level a nightborne warlock that it just became really painful for me once I got past the mid 50s in level; from 20-55 or so the interplay of random dungeons and questing in zones worked well, but once I hit outland/northrend it just wasn't fun anymore and seemed to take forever. Doubt my 76 lock will ever hit 110+ at this point.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I take my time and enjoy just exploring the zones which never gets old. Atleast till I get to wod as wod is painful.

yo, at first i started with the whole "i'm going to make it very immersive", and i bumped the music and ambiance up, while installing some immersive addons and reading all quests to get the whole Lore of the zone. In my time trying this way of leveling i felt like killing myself. It was very slow, boring, and i just could not take it anymore.
    So i dropped this immersive experience and just removed sound from wow while putting some netflix on my second monitor. Right now i have 1 void elf 110 with heritage armor, 1 nightborne lvl 67 and 1 light draenei lvl 40. I never actually tought i would have the strenght to level through all of this shait, but if you just forget about the grind and watch a good show (like mr robot) you won't feel that you are wasting your life leveling.This worked for me and i now actually believe i will have all allied races leveled in my lifetime.

I take really long breaks between leveling sessions and use different leveling routes for different characters. In the process, I try to immerse myself into the story, which makes it somewhat less boring. Occasional dungeons and PvP along the way provide a helpful distraction as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheetos, Jello, and beer....lots of beer

Audiobooks. It's really just a way to consume audiobooks while being occupied doing something else like doing the dishes, sweeping the floor, brushing the dog, or leveling a WoW character.