Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any chance for the revamp of Feral?

Hello everyone!

Don't take me wrong, I don't want to start holy war with this thread. But I'm genuinely wondering if there is a chance that Blizzard will revamp Feral any time soon? They openly promised to fix Shadow Priests.

Talking about revamp I don't mean numbers (numbers can be tuned any moment during expansion), I mean mechanics. All videos I watched and all people with beta access I talked to said that Feral is the most unprepared class for modern mechanics. I didn't play the spec during Legion, but I guess it have already been a thing.

Again, I don't want to start a holy war. If you think Feral is fine, then I'm sorry and I'm wrong. But if not, what do you think/know: is it worth the risk to start playing Feral in the hope of future changes? Or is the chance for such changes so low, it's better not to start if one doesn't like current Feral mechanics?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    If by 'soon' you mean 8.1, then the answer is "maybe".

Yea, 8.1 is probably the best you could hope for but since they haven't said anything about doing that idk how likely it would be to actually happen.

I doubt it. Don't see any reason why there would be.

Was there mention of a feral revamp recently? Or is this just speculation really? O.o

Considering Feral sort of had a mini-revamp in the middle of Legion, I doubt there will be any change soon considering how well the changes were received. I don't really see how Feral is "the most unprepared class for modern mechanics," not only is that completely subjective but also a pretty silly metric.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

i think that people who assume that 8.1 will mean revamps for every class are going to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Considering Feral sort of had a mini-revamp in the middle of Legion, I doubt there will be any change soon considering how well the changes were received. I don't really see how Feral is "the most unprepared class for modern mechanics," not only is that completely subjective but also a pretty silly metric.
    I disagree that it is subjective or silly. After Lich King Feral had fairly serious issues with mechanics like target switching, AoE, burst, AoE burst and soaking. I have no idea if that is the case in 8.0.

What exactly is it that you want revamping? I DO have concern over our m+ viability but raiding and pvp will be business as usual. We'll shine in a ST scenario I guarantee it!
    What's worrying you?

Feral remained one of the strongest specs in the game through the entirety of Legion raiding. Not sure why you think the spec is "unprepared".

There is a reason the spec has been larely the same for 12 or so years. If it aint broke dont fix it.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

As long as they keep snapshotting, it really is the defining mechanic for the class, and I have grown to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by chunx0r View Post
    As long as they keep snapshotting, it really is the defining mechanic for the class, and I have grown to love it.
    last information i got: savage roar doesn't snapshot anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Feral remained one of the strongest specs in the game through the entirety of Legion raiding. Not sure why you think the spec is "unprepared".

There is a reason the spec has been larely the same for 12 or so years. If it aint broke dont fix it.
    apart from aoe, which was finally fixed in 7.3.5 and has now been curbstomped again can't stand tab-raking

"Last information i got: savage roar doesn't snapshot anymore"

Where did you hear this? That seems like the worst decision I could think of happening. Tell me it's not true :'(
    Last edited by Psybearslat; 2018-07-17 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Ruined Macro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psybearslat View Post
    "Last information i got: savage roar doesn't snapshot anymore"

Where did you hear this? That seems like the worst decision I could think of happening. Tell me it's not true :'(
    It didn't do that at least since 7.3.5. It doesn't right now (EU server still 7.3.5). But it isn't really a big deal, since you were always aiming for 100% uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post

Spec is not broken, it's just not fluid as, say, new fury warrior. I played feral casually as an alt in raids since Cata and I never understood how they came to decision to make a CAT to be the ''bleed'' spec. I never heard of a beast that wound their prey and watch them bleed to death. It would make more sense if feral would be spammy and fast paced like new fury. Have you ever seen cats fight? No matter wild big cats or home cats - there is like 10 attacks per second going on

Wild animal is always ready to attack and kill. Not "lemme sharp my claws real quick (Savage roar) then I'll cut this gazelle's veins (deep wounds) and then I'll rip his ribs''. No. They just pounce and kill.

If you would want to make a bleed spec, one of the 3 rouge could be the one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    I thought they had disabled snapshotting for every spec. Did they keep it specifically for ferals?

Edit: I mean since 7.0 or so
    Yes they kept snapshotting (and I believe this also true in BfA) for the buffs from Tiger's Fury, Bloodtalons(Talent) for Rake, Rip and Moonfire(if talented) and afaik the Stealth Buff for Rake.

Problem is with the current talents and tuning, basically all the 7.3 changes are null and void. We are back to slow bleeds with BT and punishing every hick-up with huge dps loss.

The specc atm just feels over-complicated for sub-par damage especially compared to other melees...

I think the only quick and dirty fix they could do right now would be increasing the energy cap.

The spec would still be slow, but at least would have some space to juggle procs / GCDs better and a better burst potential without incarnation. Also, the berserk on rake azerite trait would be better to use, as having pooled energy would be possible without any punishment.

I still dream of the playstyle where we can shift between cat and bear to deal damage... one day... =D
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorrow View Post
    Problem is with the current talents and tuning, basically all the 7.3 changes are null and void. We are back to slow bleeds with BT and punishing every hick-up with huge dps loss.

The specc atm just feels over-complicated for sub-par damage especially compared to other melees...
    The biggest portion of our dps is auto attacks dude. The gameplay may be similar to the old style, but it is far less punishing with bleeds being still a smaller portion of dps and SR not snapshotting
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

I can tell you with almost complete certainty that there is zero chance for a feral revamp.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any revamp happening. Quite certain it won't.

However, I am pretty sure they will buff brutal slash. At least I hope they do.
    I have a feeling feral will be strong in PVP with emphasis on bleeds and haste scaling. Given the spec has so much mobility, DoT, run, and feral charge could make for some fun cheese on melee anyway.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”