Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    MoP>BC>Legion>Wrath>Cata>WoD
    I thought Legion started off very strongly and fizzled hard by the end. Three months into Legion I would have ranked it number one, but 7.2 and 7.3 were...less than good. It honestly felt like different teams made the two halves of Legion.
    I'm also still very against some decisions they made in Legion, like ilvl scaling the world and the extraordinary reliance on time gating to lengthen lazy content (Looking firmly at you Broken Shore).
    As far as story goes, it also started off strong and then petered out with numerous lore gaps or contradictions including:
    The Sargerite Keystone can suddenly open a portal to anywhere but the Legion couldn't use it to get to Azeroth for reasons, turns out the Army of the Light is just one spaceship of draenei that the Legion inexplicably can't defeat with their seemingly limitless number of spaceships, the titan souls were captured by Sargeras even though they supposedly were in Azeroth's keepers, demons can't truly die on Argus ...but also can..?, Sargeras is hiding in a cloud y'all, everything to do with void elves.
    If Legion was broken into first half and second half:
    Legion(7.0-7.15 )>Mop>BC>Wrath>Cata>Legion(7.2-7.35)>WoD
    Last edited by Villager720; 2018-07-17 at 05:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Seriously, this is literally one of my ultimate favorite threads. No BS, just straight 100% ranking, and I appreciate seeing expansions I loved in the top end - Keep it up fam!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    "Last day of Legion" made me incredibly sad and nostalgic.
    I can't tell you how much I feel this right here.. looking at my time spent over the last (almost) 2 years.. I am extremely PROUD of the playerbase, blizzard, and how things turned out (Even if I had always hoped PVP would of turned out better in LEG, it's the only gripe I have.. PVP was a bit.. shitty, not ultimate shit, but shitty) - My last day was spent hanging with my bruv @Warlucia ending it with some MAJOR destruction in PVP random battlegrounds.. I can't tell you how damn happy I was to end off such a good expansion (other than saying it like 5 times in a damn row on mmo-c.com lol)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK >> Legion >> MoP >> BC >> Cata >> WoD
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Please don't wine in a beer thread. This is a happy place.

MoP > Wrath > BC > Cata > Legion > WoD

Wasnt playing during classic/vanilla, so I cant rank it. D:

WoTLK > Legion > Mop > Cata > Classic > WoD > TBC.
    Burning Crusade to me was amazing when it first came out; it felt like Vanilla had gone on forever and this was something new and different...and I know I am in the minority in saying it quickly became about the dullest expansion to me in terms of the game and as well as visually. It was the only expansion I took a very long break in and unsubscribed for months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    Wrath > Legion > TBC > MoP > Cata > WoD

Wrath ranking first because to me it was the climactic finish of a lot of Warcraft 3's storyline. TBC/Legion rank pretty close to each other, Legion moreso only because I played it a lot more than TBC because it's also some loose ends of Warcraft 3. We get to see Illidan's story continue, but also finally beat the Legion that endlessly tried to decimate Azeroth since Orcs and Humans.

MoP was just a damn well-made expac, great art design, great from-scratch lore, great world design, raid design, dungeon design. It all just worked really, really well to create an extremely memorable experience. I will say that the dailies were a bit much though.

Cata was a strong start that ended with a really weak finish. There's a lot of issues here that mostly only really appeared mid-expac and then Dragon Soul was a fucking disaster.

WoD was a lot of broken promises and abandonment. They claimed we would pay $10 more for that expac because of more content and we ended up with the smallest expansion ever after all the cutting they did.
    i couldnt have said it better myself.... i really couldnt have..lol

TBC>WotLK>Legion>MoP>Cata>WoD

1. MoP
    Liked the setting and the story, Dungeons, Raids, Zones and stuff, pretty much everything.

2. Legion
    I'm afraid i'm saying this, but thinking back Legion wasn't "that" bad. M+ is super fun, raids are decent, cool Dungeons and an "ok" story IMO.

3. WotLK
    This used to be my favorite after MoP. But thinking about what i did there back then and what i did in Legion, Legion was overall better. WotLK wins over the rest 'cause of some amazing raids and dungeons.

4. Classic (if we count this)
    Everything was cool and new. Getting good was hard 'cause not everyone knew everything. That was a lot of fun.

5. Warlord of Drawnor
    This and the following fall behind 'cause i disliked them so much that i took a relatively long break from them. Pretty much the same as listed on TBC is true for this one too, with the difference that I did most of the expansions stuff even if I didn't like it that much.

6. TBC
    Never got really "in touch" neither with its story, the zones or the dungeons and endgame stuff. Just didn't felt appealing to me.

7. Cataclysm
    The old world refresh sounded like fun, but in the end some really nice story lines and zones just got destroyed with no return forever. Aside from that, I don't miss any dungeons, raids or design philosphies/styles from back then, and I don't even remember most of it (espacially this is a very bad sign).

?: Battle for Azeroth
    From what I've seen on beta so far this expansion could rank in between place 1. to 4., depending on how it will continue.
    Last edited by Cainium; 2018-07-17 at 07:57 PM.

1) MoP.
    2) Legion.
    3) Cata (pre Firelands nerf)
    4) Wotlk.
    5) WoD.
    6) TBC.
    7) Vanilla.
    8) Cata (post Firelands nerf)

Don't get me wrong with WoD, i hated it overall but it had a LOT of very good things.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. WotLK (What an expansion should be)
    2. Legion (RnG factor was bad, but it had things to do so you weren't really bored of it)
    3. TBC (The PvE was just plain horrible, but PvP was a huge improvement compared to vanilla)
    4. Vanilla (got bored of it and dropped it. too many annoyances with the leveling and free ganking, horrible class balance and stupid raids)
    5. Mists of Pandaria (Just horrible. Nothing else I wanna say about it. Didn't find anything I could enjoy.)
    6. Cataclysm (Imagine)
    7. Warlords of Draenor (Imagine^2)

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Wrath > The Enlightenment > MoP = BC > Classic > WoD > Going outside > Cata >= Legion

Most of the middle ones are actually pretty close in between. Nearly every expansion had it's own identity and was entertaining in its own way with WoD having great pvp but nothing else, MoP having great pve and lore and awful pvp, BC as being an overall undeniable complete improvement over the base game in every aspect, etc. Only Cata and Legion feel extremely lackluster to me. Cata for having too little content and Legion for having artificially elongated time gated content with nonstop grind, RNG and class fantasy excuse to gut and destroy the classes.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wotlk=Mop>Legion>TBC>Cata>>>>>Shitlords
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Mop>Wotlk>Legion>TBC>Wod>Cata

5+ Year Old Account
    TBCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC, then Wrath.

Nah, I can't actually give an honest opinion, as I have been in-active on & off, missing several expansions.

:*(

Wotlk -> Tbc -> Mop -> Legion ->Cata -> WoD

MoP > WotLK > Legion > Cata > WoD. Didn't play during BC/Vanilla.

1: Burning Crusade - The pinnacle of the game. Everything still felt alive and community and guild was important. Great zones, immersive. Great raids.
    2: Pandaria - Fantastic leveling, story and immersion. Great raids. Great zones, cool questlines.
    3: Warlords of Draenor - Good levelling and atmosphere. Great raids. Minor downside of not much to do outside raiding but who cares about that past the first month.
    4: Wrath of the Lich King - Where the game started going downhill with the endless war against community, but still had some great raids and cool zones.
    5: Cataclysm - Started alright with decent raids and zones. Firelands wasn't great. Dragon Soul was an abomination and introduced LFR. Poor expansion.
    6: Legion - Titanforging, AP and Legiondaries nearly ruined the game. Game took a turn back to grindiness not seen since Classic and unlike Classic the grind didn't end until near the end of the expansion. Raids weren't great after Nighthold. Emerald Nightmare and Antorus were way too easy, Tomb of Sargeras was brutally overtuned. The inability to tune raids was a symptom of titanforging though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wotlk>BC>>Mop>>>Legion>Cata>>>>>Wod
    BFA seems to have the potential to reach Mop

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    1: Burning Crusade - The pinnacle of the game. Everything still felt alive and community and guild was important. Great zones, immersive. Great raids.
    2: Pandaria - Fantastic leveling, story and immersion. Great raids. Great zones, cool questlines.
    3: Warlords of Draenor - Good levelling and atmosphere. Great raids. Minor downside of not much to do outside raiding but who cares about that past the first month.
    4: Wrath of the Lich King - Where the game started going downhill with the endless war against community, but still had some great raids and cool zones.
    5: Cataclysm - Started alright with decent raids and zones. Firelands wasn't great. Dragon Soul was an abomination and introduced LFR. Poor expansion.
    6: Legion - Titanforging, AP and Legiondaries nearly ruined the game. Game took a turn back to grindiness not seen since Classic and unlike Classic the grind didn't end until near the end of the expansion. Raids weren't great after Nighthold. Emerald Nightmare and Antorus were way too easy, Tomb of Sargeras was brutally overtuned. The inability to tune raids was a symptom of titanforging though.
    Oh, noone at all..

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Oh, noone at all..
    Hey it's a personal opinion that's true for me.