Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Maybe you should just accept you aren't good enough at prot paladin?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    How the hell do you wipe 400 times on mage tower with 151 traits :S?

Thats so strange... we did that shit with 40 traits back in 910 ilvl gear. Hell, someone did it without their artifact equipped and like 870 ilvl.

You do not deserve it at all if you can't do it after 400 attempts at 151 traits. Sorry.
    I a fairly certain it had to do with either heavy lag problems or some server issues. I have made attempts all throughout the expansion with less gear and it wasn't as hard as it was last night. Smashes weren't being telegraphed properly, the purple ghosts where popping in and out of the portals, and the server was at 400-500 ping on average. Not only that but there were multiple times where the server would lock up and I would appear below the floating rock just glitching out of existence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    They can easily check that in their logs. Don't waste a fucking ticket spot, trying to get something you never should be able to get if you still haven't been able to get by now. There gonna be a million tickets coming in. Yours is a 100% waste of time, time someone else could have got help with instead.
    For all intent and purposes I did kill him. I got the scenario stage completion alert and the entire ending scene dialogue right before I lagged and the servers went out. My theory is that the kill didn't register with the server properly but the event data still sequenced correctly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Life View Post
    That time I got a GM who said the same thing but was willing to bend the rules and give it to me.
    To be fair, they changed that rule awhile ago, and gave it all retroactively.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did both burr Druid and protecc Paladin yesterday with around 910 gear and only 1 good legendary on my Druid so it was extremely painful and I feel your pain.

That being said the chances they will just hand you the achievement and or fall for a made up sob story is little to none. Good luck with trying still though and hope it works but most definitely be prepared for an outright no on their part.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by StarrySidekick View Post
    Listen, I've had a long day.

I don't have very many characters I play for real. I really only know my Prot Paladin well enough to be competitive. So I determined if there was one mage tower I was going to get, it was that one. I didn't really want anything else. So after almost 400+ (250 or so in succession) attempts at the Prot Paladin mage tower yesterday, the servers went down for the pre-patch on one of my last tries and my chance at the one skin I so desperately wanted was gone.

I'm not a hardcore player, I don't really play any alts seriously enough to do any other towers. So this was devastating to me. All my energy to the dust. If there is true suffering this is it.

So, MMO-Champ, with this in mind, I have no other choice. My last ditch effort is to make a very intricate blue ticket explaining that I basically beat Kruul but the game lagged out while the servers shut down and I lost my only chance. Have any one you been able to finesse a kinda morally ambiguous ticket before?

Any tips?

EDIT: To clarify, I did functionally beat Kruul, the servers just lagged out and went down before I phased out of the instance and the game registered the win with the server. I even got the ending dialogue and scenario completion alert, but checking right now on pre-patch and I don't have the turn in quest or anything. By "cheesing" I basically meant getting a GM to unlock the appearance even know the record of me beating Kruul is not technically in the game logs (otherwise I would have it).
    honestly if you knew how to play paladin you'd have that artifact skin to testify that , and nope they won't give it to you on the premise of "lag" that's not how the game programming works , boss dead = objective complete , boss alive = not completed . There is litterally 0 space for an error like that to occur , you or the server lagging has no meaning when the questlog updates every frame to catch progress .
    Sorry the GM will laugh at you and probably flag your account for trying to fraud them.

Edit If you truly got to kill him at the same moment the server closed it wouldn't matter the server had probably already completed backup so any progress after that wass lost , no way for a gm to comfirm if you did or did not kill the boss .
    Last edited by valax; 2018-07-17 at 06:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    By "cheesing" I basically meant getting a GM to unlock the appearance even know the record of me beating Kruul is not technically in the game logs (otherwise I would have it).
    The quest turn-in mght have gotten shut down.

This hasn't usually been the case, though, but something you could ask / ask around ("Anyone still able to turn in their Mage Tower quest?").

I once "beat" a DPS challenge but was too dead to get credit.

And here's the impressive Paladin mentioned throughout the thread:

Around 6:18 he defeats Kruul, but no scenario credit tick-off until 6:41.
    Last edited by OreoLover; 2018-07-17 at 06:43 PM.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    It's certainly impressive with 100 concordance and access to 960+ ilvl gear for the past 7 months lol.

The Blood DK challenge was pretty easy in Ant gear. Think it took me 4-5 tries.
    Seriously if a character is above 910 with the weapon power it should be 20 pulls or less on anything. If that isn't enough you kinda don't deserve the skin. 400 and trying to lie rhier way to a skin is shameful and sad.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

For all intent and purposes I did kill him. I got the scenario stage completion alert and the entire ending scene dialogue right before I lagged and the servers went out. My theory is that the kill didn't register with the server properly but the event data still sequenced correctly.
    If that is true, then give it a try. Worst possible outcome is a no, have a nice day

15+ Year Old Account
    I changed faction with a character that had full Argent Tournament unlocked (Crusader Title, Tabard, etc) and had to do it all over again.

I opened a ticket, and even after explaining that I had the exalted Tabard (that teleports you to Argent Tournament) as proof that I unlocked everything, they said they can't do anything.
    Even after saying that I wouldn't mind simply getting the necessary amount of "Aspirant Seals" to skip through the annoying daily grind, they said they can't do anything.

So I am pretty sure that unless they have seriously changed their policy, you're out of luck.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

We were progressing on Heroic Garrosh. About our 10th pull in he just dissapears and wont respawns, we went even getting out of p1. We put in a ticket and they said there was nothing they could do and just reclear next week. So we submitted another ticket saying we killed him and didn't get loot. Sure enough a day later the GM replied with the loot he "dropped" and asked me how to distribute it. We tried to get greedy and say we didnt get the achievement but the GM wouldn't budge on that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    The quest turn-in mght have gotten shut down.

This hasn't usually been the case, though, but something you could ask / ask around ("Anyone still able to turn in their Mage Tower quest?").

I once "beat" a DPS challenge but was too dead to get credit.

And here's the impressive Paladin mentioned throughout the thread:

Around 6:18 he defeats Kruul, but no scenario credit tick-off until 6:41.
    That must be it then. If it takes that long for the game to register it after his health is at 0% then it's entirely possible the game didn't fully follow through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Paladin Kruul I was unable to do, 926 ilvl, got him to 7% at the lowest, tried like 100 times or so with all the buffs, and with recommended talents.
    and I 2-shot him over the weekend in random talents and random gear from ToS, which was the last time I played my paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    and I 2-shot him over the weekend in random talents and random gear from ToS, which was the last time I played my paladin.
    It comes down to luck too, sometimes you will get everything spawning at just the right time, I did it on my Guardian just fine.

I have managed to get a GM to "uncraft" my legendary Sulfuras which I have made on a rogue for achievement, only to learn that you can't get achievement if you can't equip it. Though that took like 6 tickets, and 6 different GMS, and A LOT of convincing. The first few said "tough shit, you're out of luck", but the last one took the legendary, and gave me back the boe epic hammer which I then sold on AH. So in (more or less) legit cases it's possible to somewhat cheese it if you're persistent enough I guess.

I opened a ticket once in wow asking why the Enterprise wasn't involved in the Dominion war and the game master told me that Picard was tending to the vineyard in France. I feel like it was a cop out answer because he didn't know the real reason.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Listen, I've had a long day.

I don't have very many characters I play for real. I really only know my Prot Paladin well enough to be competitive. So I determined if there was one mage tower I was going to get, it was that one. I didn't really want anything else. So after almost 400+ (250 or so in succession) attempts at the Prot Paladin mage tower yesterday, the servers went down for the pre-patch on one of my last tries and my chance at the one skin I so desperately wanted was gone.

I'm not a hardcore player, I don't really play any alts seriously enough to do any other towers. So this was devastating to me. All my energy to the dust. If there is true suffering this is it.

So, MMO-Champ, with this in mind, I have no other choice. My last ditch effort is to make a very intricate blue ticket explaining that I basically beat Kruul but the game lagged out while the servers shut down and I lost my only chance. Have any one you been able to finesse a kinda morally ambiguous ticket before?

Any tips?

EDIT: To clarify, I did functionally beat Kruul, the servers just lagged out and went down before I phased out of the instance and the game registered the win with the server. I even got the ending dialogue and scenario completion alert, but checking right now on pre-patch and I don't have the turn in quest or anything. By "cheesing" I basically meant getting a GM to unlock the appearance even know the record of me beating Kruul is not technically in the game logs (otherwise I would have it).
    Blizzard would be able to verify that you actually downed him before the server reset. If they don't give you the skin, then you really didn't do it.

I doubt they'd do it. When the pet tournament on timeless isle first came out, I beat it, but because I had drowned myself in the instance before hand(I was frustrated and bored), it didn't count for some reason and a GM wouldn't give me credit.

im 36/36. not a pro no tryin to act like one. did my first challenge on my ret paladin the day it came out. then started workin on other spec and classes. argus patch cameout. instead of wasting time doin 50 pulls on a challenge, i went and WQ for argunite gear and AP and did antorus LFR. then got the skin in about 30 min. mind you each pull takes about 3-5 min depending on what challenge you are working on, looks like you should have been workin on ilvl and not wastin time on several pulls