Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I was really jonesing for the Prot Pally/Aff lock/Outlaw Rogue tower skins till I saw them on different people. Don't get me wrong the Aff Lock skin is great but I don't play warlock well enough to even attempt it. It's more a Ken Doll for transmog when I'm bored.
    Too bad you didnt check out the aff lock cheese, even a boosted 110 straight out the gate could've 1 shot it

I did one spec, couldn't be bothered to do more.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I am sad I listened to people and didn't do more healing ones. I was told they were the "worst" or hardest ones.. meanwhile they were the best design, most fun and not hard once you did them a bunch and learned what to do. And they told nice little stories to boot. Ashame it's gone now.

The idea is great, the execution was bad. A lot of the challenges were just dumb and it should have scaled to gear.

One of the best ideas Legion had. I've only done 21 challenges but I just don't care for other specs.

I would welcome something similar in the future along with a better Brawler's Guild.

I got the 3 paladin ones, along with outlaw rogue and havoc DH because I thought they looked really cool. Kind of wanted the feral druid one, but I'm garbage at feral and didn't feel like paying someone to do it for me since I'd never play it anyway.

They were fun solo challenges, and certainly harder than the past legendary chains (Cata/MoP) although I enjoyed those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    I know theres plenty of post about hardest/easiest/how many completed. But my question is are YOU satisfied with your progression in the mage tower challenge?
    Did you get all the ones you wanted?
    Are you disappointed with how the tower challenge ended up or did you love it? Me, I loved the mage towers and I got 10 appearances. And mostly satisfied with the ones I got. I got everything i really wanted but i was also geared enough to do more but didnt put in the effort. What are your guys thoughts?
    Originally wasn't that interested. After doing the Fury Challenge at 870. I was pretty disheartened and lost all interest, came back 7 months later and tried at around 910 and still failed miserably, went back at 930 and defeated Agatha, but then felt dirty because the Command Center carried me.

Another 2+ months of no more interest, then I decided I really wanted the Havoc DH skin and was surprised at how easy it was compared to Fury. and that set me on a path of tower addiction.

I did all the tank ones, felt like I didn't really "own them" so I did prot warrior on 2 more characters, Dh on 2 more, 3 times on Pally, 3 times on a DK. Plus multiple ret, Fury. Then all 3 challenge on hunter, WW monk and Afflac. Not that I'm any good at them. On my 3rd Prot pally go, it took me 90 tries But for some reason, the challenges became like crack even though I didn't care about the skins on most.

In retro spec, I'm now disappointed I didn't go for all 36. Though I never heal and learning the healing specs might have killed me, since everyone claims they were much harder than even the tank ones.

So in short, I hope they have something like that again in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Fun small challenges but shit skins is my personal opinion.
    i agree most of the skins are meh, the only good one that i can get out of my head at this point is guardian druid, because it changes the form completely, and the ret one is good aswell, the shattered ashbringer with lightning

completed it on 18 specs. It was a lot of fun, really enjoyed the solo challenge.

Some of the appearance were nice and some were unique in a way, like the prot warrior and prot paladin and their flails which was cool, but sadly they did not think the design through and when not weilding the flail it is always hanging inside the ground which takes some of the joy out of it.

The challenges themselves were actually challenging, not equally for each class or spec but they all had their merit. In terms of different classes doing the same encounter there was some unbalances. like outlaw rogue took me 33 tries to complete but i oneshot it with unholy dk, now to be fair I learned the encounter with outlaw rogue, but it just seemed like you never felt hard pressed on DK, and mistakes could be smoothed out with selfhealing or cooldowns. I also did this encounter on fury warrior and that took an hour or maybe 10 attempts, so it was not just learning the encounter.

I would probably rate The Highlords return (tank encounter) as the hardest overall, I did it on 5 our of 6. And Feltotem's Fall the easiest did it on 2 fairly undergeared champs. But don't get me wrong it was still a good challenge, and the design fit the ones doing it. Would have been hard for a disc priest to do closing the eye with all the aoe required, but for arms warrior, havoc DH, Frost DK it was perfect, you needed mobility aoe and a dps race.

On a endnote I Hope Blizzard does something simular in BfA, it was worth the time spent, and not for the reward but for the feeling of beating the challenge.

5+ Year Old Account
    It was not for me.

But I know some people loved them, and for that reason I want it to stay or be iterated on again, as having avenues of content for all people to engage in in some way is important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed it, but the healing one was a bit ridiculous in terms of length. You can fail on the tank and dps challenges without losing too much time. Fail on ghosts or Edris, and you just lost 10ish minutes. The entire orb / demon killing phase was so unnecessary.

Dont think there is/was a single one I really wanted but I both like and dislike mage tower. Like because it was a fun solo challenge (unless your ilvl completely carries you), and dislike because it didnt scale with your ilvl.

Got most of the skins I wanted. The rest I dont care about, not much of a transmogger anyway.

Nope. I like challenges like the hunter tame pets in the molten front, or the black harvast in MoP. Things designed around a specific class, that can fully utilize skill and playstyle of a class. The mage tower was just to broad of a thing. The challenges felt hard for all the wrong reasons. The tank one was very RNG dependent in my books. Especially when you add the fact that not every tank had the best range / skillset to dish out the dps for it easily.

In short, just very poorly designed over all.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Completed it on 9 specs (shaman/priest/pala). It was fun but imo it varied wildly between specs. Like on my rsham it took ~15ish tries, on holy priest ~25-30ish while on holy paladin I did it on my first try (lol Light of the Martyr + Blessings basically negate everything).

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    I got 36/36 and had a blast doing so. It wasnt my original intent to go for all of them, it just happened along the way as a way to pass the time. After a while, It went from "okay I got the ones I really wanted" to " Hmmmmm, lets see how many I can get before it goes away". I honestly want more solo content like this in BFA as I dont want certain things determined by having to get a group or a raid for it.
    Insane. How does someone have time for this?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    It'd be nice if they at least left them up for people to experience what it was, even if it no longer gave you skins.

Quote Originally Posted by krille20 View Post
    Dont think there is/was a single one I really wanted

Got most of the skins I wanted.
    Hmm... what is it? Did you want them or not? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Insane. How does someone have time for this?
    Actually this is over the course of the last few months. Instead of raiding or questing, i chose to do this. And gearing the characters doesnt take too much time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Actually this is over the course of the last few months. Instead of raiding or questing, i chose to do this. And gearing the characters doesnt take too much time.
    Im getting exhausted by just thinking about leveling all classes and gearing all specs. Couldnt find time to do that even if i wanted to :O

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I’m 32 out of 36. All that’s left are healing ones. I don’t heal so I can’t be bothered with them.

I’m disappointed that they’re making the tower unobtainable though. I’m of the opinion that no content should be removed or made unavailable to others.
    This is how I wound up also. Holy, Holy, Resto, Resto, Mist. So 31 out of 36. Not sure which you did that made you 32.

Healing mage tower required too much of your personal damage to go out. It's like, "You must complete this M+5 dungeon with the worst players on your server." After a few attempts I just said F this and didn't bother any longer.

Will I use the appearances? Maybe some. Not a lot. I still prefer the MoP CM weapon skins to many of the Mage Tower looks.