Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Highly overrated. Skins are meh compared to older weapons and they were up way to long to actually stay challenging. I did my main rather early on. Like 100+ tries. But down the line i went in and oneshot sub and outlaw without even knowing the tactics. So didn't really see the point of them. Maybe its a reason for others to level up alts and gear them. But not for me atleast.

The only thing about Mage Tower I didn't like was them removing it and the cost/limited time to enter it.

The solo challenge of it tho was kinda cool.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Mage tower was great. I hope they do more like it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Im getting exhausted by just thinking about leveling all classes and gearing all specs. Couldnt find time to do that even if i wanted to :O
    Tbh i leveled all the classes back in the legion prepatch, when the invasions were giving crazy amounts of xp. Figured that was the best time to do it

The only skin that I really wanted I got so /shrug mission accomplished.

Okayish. Protection paladin challenge still makes me salty with Blizzard thinking we did 2x of other tank dps.
    And that flail is clipping halfway into the ground while my character is standing still... Great.

Resubbed to WoW the day after BFA was announced at Blizzcon, and spent the next several months leveling and gearing up new characters. I had heard about the mage tower, but didn't really think about it until I was reminded by one of Belluar's videos that Blizzard had opened up the mage towers until the pre-patch dropped, so I decided to check it out. I started at 2 AM this morning, and spent 2 and half hours and 5k Nethershards attempting it. Towards the end, I was getting particularly frustrated, as I felt there were too many mechanics to juggle, be it having to track my debuff stacks, my positioning relative to the eyes, trying to kite infernals, juggling my CDs trying to interrupt Life Drain and grip the adds away from Velen, and so forth. The adds were particularly aggravating, as the guide on WoWhead said that all of the adds would come after me if taunted one of them, but half the time the other three would simply go after Velen and I wouldn't be able to grip all of them away, resulting in a wipe. Was ready to quit several times, but hearing David Shaughnessy's line kept me going! At 6 I decided to take a nap. Came back at 10, and got Kruul on my third attempt!

I might've done more, but there weren't any other artifact skins I was interested in getting over my vicious saddle. Also, I only had 7k Nethershards, not enough to learn and complete a challenge. That said, I hope that Blizzard implements more content like this! I haven't heard anything like this in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The only thing about Mage Tower I didn't like was them removing it and the cost/limited time to enter it.

The solo challenge of it tho was kinda cool.
    I agree, the fact that they're going away eh, it makes sense class design is different so it wont really work. But I agree that the whole 3 days on however many days off was stupid and the nethershards was unnecessary. I think the amount of gold we spent of repairs especially when it came out was cost enough. 7.3.5 would have been a good point to keep them up consistently

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked them a lot, a few more of these challenges or solo content would be very interesting in the future for BfA, a unique armor set for example.

Deleted
    Nope, cheap difficulty for some not-worth-the-hassle skins.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    36/36 Wasn't too hard if you took what you learned from previous classes on the same challenge and applied it to the next class. That being said Holy priest was rough for me.

As an idea I think was great, but not always done correctly. The healing challenge was a mistake as it basically forced to play with the worst pug ever which was not fun at all. After I did it on my Shaman I didn't want to try it once with any other healer.
    Also I think they should've tried to balance it a bit around what spec you were playing since some were much easier than others (Balance druid was a joke tbh).

I love the idea of difficult solo content much more than I do 5 man (i.e. Mythic +). The problem with Mythic + is we have 36 specs over 12 classes so like Arena, it's extremely difficult to balance and we always end up with a "Meta".

Anyway, Mage tower was fun but could do with some improving. Being time limited was frustrating as it was often up at inconvenient times for me. Seriously, the hardest part of the Mage tower, especially in the Healer/Tank scenarios, were my Kids!

I also felt some of the encounters were not properly tuned, or not suitable for certain specs without key Legendaries. Sigryn and Arcane mage come to mind here, and the Tanking challenge needed more variations for different tanks.

Overall however, it was (mostly) fun and I hope it continues.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thought it was completely hit-or-miss. Some of the appearances were awesome as hell, some were just, well... they sucked. In the end, I only completed it on my Unholy DK.

I liked the concept I just didn't have time to mess with it all that much on alts, and I really wasn't impressed by all the skins. The prot Warrior Pally was cool cause it was an item not seen before (I'm sure that will change) other than that, I wasn't blown away by all of them. I wish I had taken the time to do it on some alts just to have them, but I doubt I'll be sad I don't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    I know theres plenty of post about hardest/easiest/how many completed. But my question is are YOU satisfied with your progression in the mage tower challenge?
    Did you get all the ones you wanted?
    Are you disappointed with how the tower challenge ended up or did you love it? Me, I loved the mage towers and I got 10 appearances. And mostly satisfied with the ones I got. I got everything i really wanted but i was also geared enough to do more but didnt put in the effort. What are your guys thoughts?
    no

for 1 single reason - they were not up 100 % time

last 3 weeks proven how huge mistake it was. hundreds of thoudands more people would spend weeks in there if they were up contantly .

blizzard really dropped ball there

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    no

for 1 single reason - they were not up 100 % time

last 3 weeks proven how huge mistake it was. hundreds of thoudands more people would spend weeks in there if they were up contantly .

blizzard really dropped ball there
    I think at 7.3.5 would have been a good time to remove the time gated bs

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Highly overrated. Skins are meh compared to older weapons and they were up way to long to actually stay challenging. I did my main rather early on. Like 100+ tries. But down the line i went in and oneshot sub and outlaw without even knowing the tactics. So didn't really see the point of them. Maybe its a reason for others to level up alts and gear them. But not for me atleast.
    this pissed me off too - also it made me not care about them at all .

90% of those skins were waaaaaay worse then balance of power ones.

Whether they were a global success I am not sure. I quit a few months back but recently I've been hearing more about them since the challenges are being removed. I found them to be fun though I wasn't motivated enough to farm all 36, I just ended up with the ones I'd use.
    Rogue - Sin/Outlaw/Sub
    Priest - Disc/Shadow
    DK - Blood/Unholy
    Druid - Balance
    Warrior - Arms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnew View Post
    I got the 3 paladin ones, along with outlaw rogue and havoc DH because I thought they looked really cool. Kind of wanted the feral druid one, but I'm garbage at feral and didn't feel like paying someone to do it for me since I'd never play it anyway.

They were fun solo challenges, and certainly harder than the past legendary chains (Cata/MoP) although I enjoyed those as well.
    I only ever play resto and I literally 1-shotted feral with shitty ilevels and only 1 legendary. It's a shame you missed it since it was incredibly easy.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)