Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Too bad, I was thinking about switching to a cloud computing once my current rig is outdated. Since I can play on it for another ~4 years, there's enough time for them to allow it until then.

Meanwhile people used honor buddy for 3 expansions straight with zero bans, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    So was this being used to circumvent bot detection or something else?
    Well considering that you dont have wow installed on your pc at all, no wow means no watcher. Pretty funny that actual botters haven't figured this out earlier. Or have they?

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    So was this being used to circumvent bot detection or something else?
    Maybe, but screenscraping is not a very popular technique for botting in nontrivial games. Maybe a precaution, since it would get very cheap for simple bot farmers to run copies of wow if someone made a semi-reliable bot that can work with video/audio only.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sent in a second appeal, asking for leniency and promising to uphold their EULA change until it changes or things change again. They gave me a second chance, but said if I break it again, my ban could be much more severe or include account closure.

I think they are doing it only because its such a new rule and this is my first ever violation, but I don't expect them to give such leniency always.

So I am unbanned now, but on leash in a sense.

Deleted
    How can blizzard prevent account sharing/boosting/pilot if you are using cloud gaming services.
    They cant distinguish if you are account sharing or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlmygod View Post
    How can blizzard prevent account sharing/boosting/pilot if you are using cloud gaming services.
    They cant distinguish if you are account sharing or not.
    They can't, they are just banning it because you might. THey even said in my original messages that they have no evidence i was sharing, and the logs show same computer, same location, etc. So it was just a global ban of the cloud provider that hit me.

it's to counter the rise of pixel bots. if you just stream your game you can use whatever the damn you want on your remote computer - impossible for warden to illegaly scan your machine. Blizzard is becoming a really shady bussiness.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I understand the restriction but they should have had a small wind down time and actually announce it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    it's to counter the rise of pixel bots. if you just stream your game you can use whatever the damn you want on your remote computer - impossible for warden to illegaly scan your machine. Blizzard is becoming a really shady bussiness.
    Warden scans on any machine that runs blizzard games, it's not something you can disable when you start any blizzard game.

You can slightly work around Warden but it's not even remotely close to fail proof.

The main reason they added this is because cloud computing means you can login via any computer in the world and not your own, meaning they can never be certain it's you playing which then complicates things because how do they figure out hacked claims and such when cloud computing is available as it can be used a constant counter to any tos violation "Dude I wasn't playing, you can check the login data" and it would just be one big mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want a cloud provider to use my software without a licence for commercial use either, since the licence you get when buying the game is for non-commercial use.

Still, if they are banning individuals, rather than only the cloud provider, they are kind of going about this the wrong way...

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Warden scans on any machine that runs blizzard games, it's not something you can disable when you start any blizzard game.

You can slightly work around Warden but it's not even remotely close to fail proof.
    That's why dude mentioned "pixel bots", they don't need access to actual WoW process or anything except picture. So Warden can scan _remote_ machine to its heart content, it won't find anything. Bot will be running on _user_ machine, where there's no any Warden.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has been very educational - I never knew that services like this existed. Cool idea!

I find it crazy that it is a banable offense period if someone besides you uses the service you pay for... but whatevs, EULAs should be banned the way they are abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I wouldn't want a cloud provider to use my software without a licence for commercial use either, since the licence you get when buying the game is for non-commercial use.

Still, if they are banning individuals, rather than only the cloud provider, they are kind of going about this the wrong way...
    Once again, Net/Game Cafe's would like to say Hi.

7+ Year Old Account
    Allthough i agree, this is most likely to lower the amount of bots and multiboxers as this does usually get used by them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Once again, Net/Game Cafe's would like to say Hi.
    And that means what? The same goes for them. They are corporate entities and should have commercial licences.
    For all you know that shady internet cafe on the corner DID get a license the way arcade owners did back in the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    And that means what? The same goes for them. They are corporate entities and should have commercial licences.
    For all you know that shady internet cafe on the corner DID get a license the way arcade owners did back in the days.
    Licensing is on the user end for things like wow, ow, etc though. They're not buying something like... Prey or Skyrim and having you pay to use it. There's no account sharing etc. You still have to pay blizzard the same whether its on your equipment or not, Blizzard isn't losing out on anything, so that is not really a valid reason.

The fact you're giving your login identifiers to another company than Blizzard (through keyboard-info that is transmitted to the cloud company) is probably something that require a license, that they probably don't have.
    That's not really the same case as Internet Cafes, where you use another computer but only sending the information to Blizzard's directly. Here, you're typing your password which is sent to the cloud gaming computer and then sent to Blizzard. There is like 0 control about what they're doing with that information.

I agree the 30-day-hammer is probably a bit too much, they'll likely adapt to this expanding process.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I assume it's because they don't want people paying other people to stream them WoW.

I.E, your computer can't run WoW at super fancy high def graphics and you can't afford a new computer, so someone runs a service where they let you play WoW through the cloud.
    Wonder if it's not because they'll release their own cloud service in the future, like PS Now. Would be smart from them.