Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy leveling, the lore is often interesting and through the more annoying zones(desolace, im looking at you) i put on some podcast or some netflix show on another screen. But usually i like the lore and store enough to keep playing. I just stop myself if I feel like I'm entering autopilot mode.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

This is going to sound sad, but I just ALL THE THINGS and just take down the areas that offer the most quest transmogs. Or I aim for quest achievements.

Leveling is slow and boring shit. I hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recognize some of your names here and you've been playing for a while so I have a question...

Why the fuck are you still leveling characters from a low level????

I get that we need to level to the new max level but come on, that's 5-10 levels. But you're not bitching about that and saying "they do it to sell boosts" because you can't boost to the current max. So you must be leveling new toons and... it's silly to whine about leveling and then level your 15th toon. Show some self-control.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I recognize some of your names here and you've been playing for a while so I have a question...

I get that we need to level to the new max level but come on, that's 5-10 levels. But you're not bitching about that and saying "they do it to sell boosts" because you can't boost to the current max. So you must be leveling new toons and... it's silly to whine about leveling and then level your 15th toon. Show some self-control.
    Some folks like to collect transmogs. You can't get the heritage armor unless you level a new toon from scratch. Why not castigate someone for running old raid and dungeons so they can complete appearances or finish out achievements? The big difference between that and this is that you can run an old dungeon or raid pretty quickly once a week. I don't really see it as a 'control' issue. I see it as a "here's your carrot, and now here's your incredibly stupid "fun" stick" issue.

Personally, the new allied races thing offered a small incentive to level a toon to max. I don't hate leveling, per se, and some of the early leveling in zones that I hadn't seen before was cool, but I wish that they had allowed you to just level in old world zones from 20-100. I haven't leveled through a number of zones since the Cata reboot and it was at least mildly interesting to do so, but I've seen literally every quest from BC on countless times at this point. I don't mind leveling, really (once in awhile), but if you're willing to make massive sweeping changes to the game and allow us to do BC/Wrath zones at any level hopping back and forth, then continuity is out the window for gameplay purposes (which is fine by me) and Blizz should just let us do Kalimdor/EK zones to 100.

Also, to me it felt like (as I said in an earlier post) that somewhere between 55 and 60 the xp rate seemed to slow down substantially. No clue what's going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    I know there are folks that enjoy the new “smoother” leveling system. I get that. I, however, absolutely hate it. I’ve leveled enough characters that the isn’t really novelty to it and it’s one of the things I hate the most in the game. Leveling in new content is fun and engaging. Doing the BC and WOTLK just isn’t for me. But I want the heritage armor so I’m doing it, or at least I’m trying.

How do you endure it? It’s driving me bonkers because it’s so BORING.
    Because it's a million times better? I didn't endure leveling before, I had almost no alts. But between Legion giving me motivation with class-specific content and the leveling scaling overhaul it's actually fun now.

If there's a zone I don't like, I skip it. If there's an expansion I don't like, look at that, I can skip a whole expansion. Or if there were two expansions each of which I only liked maybe two zones, I can do that too.

There was a baffling amount of content that I never got to see because I outleveled it to gray and had to move on or my xp would grind to a halt. Usually the last 1/3 of a zone's story, where the good stuff is, like Redridge.

I can just pick a zone that I actually want to play, relax, immerse, and before I know it the zone's done and I can move onto the next bracket. Going "aw dang, I was really hoping to see Storm Peaks this run but I'm already level 80! Oh well. I'll save that for the next alt." instead of "goddamn it I hate Outland so much just make it end."

Ner'zhul didn't destroy Outland hard enough. Give me that Scepter of Sargeras and I'll finish the job. Rant rant rant rant...
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-07-18 at 02:32 AM.

I can't speak for everyone, but at least for me, it's not about self control. It's about being able to do more. Just because it was really handy I leveled a couple more DKs for their instant win on WQs, which in turn afforded me more Marks of Honor for transmog. I can also run multiple raids over and over for transmogs\mounts\items to sell, I also ended up doing the Mage tower multi times because it was fun

So it seems I like to play the game, but mainly the end game, not the completely pointless quest leveling.

Deleted
    As I enjoy playing WoW I don't endure it, I enjoy it.