Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    They don't mind the undead then? Well there goes all of the speculation about death being the "true enemy" and all that.

Honestly almost everyone is passionately roleplaying a fierce defense of their faction pride on this forum; lost in the Warcraft meta and entirely bereft of objectivity. "Lightsworn" is just one of the few who look less silly because it's deliberate, and he connsciously knows he's doing a bit. It's the folks who actually get upset over having their narrow vision of this digital world (that makes their favorites out to be the good guys) challenged who worry me. In-universe characters aren't supposed to have an omniscient perspective that allows them to make objective judgements, they're working with limited viewpoints and emotional connections to people as real as they are.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think about it the Horde has already had an allied race Warchief.
    ... How so?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightsworn View Post
    In other words, You lack arguments to counter my well-written and intensely-thought reply.
    Ya no dude if you say crazy shit and expect people to view it as a valid point you're off your rocker even more than we initially suspected based on your original post.

You don't get to make shit up and then try to claim that anyone that doesn't want to engage with you is wrong, well I mean obviously you can do it but everyone here just looks at you like you're the crazy homeless dude drinking whiskey out of a brown paper bag screaming the sky is falling.

So you have that going for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... How so?
    Mag'har orcs have been in the Horde since 2006 Nagrand. He wasn't running from lightcrazy spacegoats and Marty McFlying over here, but Señor Hellscream and his dark orange orcs really gave Orgrimmar a make-over.

(Though, personally, I'm more partial to the older Orgrimmar style with Grommash Hold rightly in the Valley of Wisdom, and an extra room before the Warchief housing a ring of shamen. The Spirit Lodge building in Warlords of Draenor was probably my favorite of all time, and I love the Garrison/Warspear a e s t h e t i c. That's Horde.)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Mag'har orcs have been in the Horde since 2006 Nagrand. He wasn't running from lightcrazy spacegoats and Marty McFlying over here, but Señor Hellscream and his dark orange orcs really gave Orgrimmar a make-over.

(Though, personally, I'm more partial to the older Orgrimmar style with Grommash Hold rightly in the Valley of Wisdom, and an extra room before the Warchief housing a ring of shamen. The Spirit Lodge building in Warlords of Draenor was probably my favorite of all time, and I love the Garrison/Warspear a e s t h e t i c. That's Horde.)
    Those mag'har aren't the ones we'll be getting though

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Yes, they matter. They're playable, aren't they?

The Grand Army of the Light will play a pivotal role in the war against the terrible Void, so you will see Turalyon and the Lightforged on the very front of the conflict. A conflict that is inevitable. Sinners ignore that the true enemy is not the opposite faction, but the threat lurking in the dark. The Holy Light is the only hope for the Warcraft cosmos. If there is no Light, all will perish under the darkness. And the instrument of the Light's divine justice and will, is the shining Golden Army.
    I think you and Ren'dorei would be great friends. You both RP in Gen. Discussion threads and you have signatures that are color-matched to the race you're RPing as. It's almost like you might be the same person, using two accounts. *gasp*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I think you and Ren'dorei would be great friends. You both RP in Gen. Discussion threads and you have signatures that are color-matched to the race you're RPing as. It's almost like you might be the same person, using two accounts. *gasp*
    Is it really any different from all of the people with orc signatures and avatars championing perspectives that favor the Horde? At least the role-players know they are role-playing. They're an immersive extension of the Warcraft fluff.
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

I hope I'm not repeating someone else, but... Why not... Read the lore? I mean, really, in game it is shown why we get them as allied races, we liberated them and saved them. Those who seemed to help the most got their trust and joined their new faction and bam, we get a new playable race. Why not?
    "If the out of order sign is up and I'm not behind the curtains.... Then you miiiiiight wanna close your door, cause I'm coming for ya!" ~Foxy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well we can say one thing about allied races - they sure as hell made alot of cringy RP-ers pop up.

OT: I think that allied races will be cosmetic mostly with very few apperances past introduction.
    Void elves show up in the battle for lorderon to turn the tide in the Allaince's favor. Lothemar is not pleased at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshi View Post
    I hope I'm not repeating someone else, but... Why not... Read the lore? I mean, really, in game it is shown why we get them as allied races, we liberated them and saved them. Those who seemed to help the most got their trust and joined their new faction and bam, we get a new playable race. Why not?
    I believe the OP's inquiry regards the impact and value of the decision to introduce them to the faction conflict of the story. Did the violation of their neutrality and former allegiances trade up for an improvement in the density and richness of the narrative? Or was it merely an expansion-selling gimmick that leaves us sorely wanting for the traditional model of introducing new classes, and seriously fleshed out races and factions that the development team carefully tailors and dedicates more time to?

I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Well we can say one thing about allied races - they sure as hell made alot of cringy RP-ers pop up.
    I don't know, I'm starting to think it's all actually the same guy.
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    In other words, You lack arguments to counter my well-written and intensely-thought reply.
    This may the funniest statement I've ever read in months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    And you may be right, the style of writing is dreadfully similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    This may the funniest statement I've ever read in months.
    - - - Updated - - -
    And you may be right, the style of writing is dreadfully similar.
    That or its just that umbrella corp messed up again and its spreading.....BLAURGH FOR ALLERIA BLEURGHHHH.....

Is it really any different from all of the people with orc signatures and avatars championing perspectives that favor the Horde? At least the role-players know they are role-playing. They're an immersive extension of the Warcraft fluff.
    I think it is a bit different. I have nothing against role-play, I'm a super nerd, but to RP in "OOC" discussions pretending you're in character on a forum strikes me a bit odd.

To each their own. I just noticed some similarities between the particular poster I was quoting and another member who championed the Void Elves on this forum in a similar manner. I thought it a strange coincidence.

OT: I think that allied races will be cosmetic mostly with very few apperances past introduction.
    Both the Nightbourne and the Highmountain play a pivotal role in the opening quests for the Horde.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

As someone happy with my main's race and tired of leveling pointless alts in a game that punishes you for playing more than one character full time, allied races never mattered.

Nightborne
    Arguably have the most exposure out of any allied race in BfA. Thalyssra, and Oculeth make an appearance in the recruitment of the Zandalari. They appear to be at least just as important as Blood Elves. Valtrois also becomes a follower

Highmountain
    Mayla, Jale, and Ebonhorn are all MIA or hanging back in Highmountain. Lasan Skyhorn helps the Horde infilitrate Stormwind

Void Elves
    They play a pivotal part in the Battle for Lordaeron. Umbric is part of the War Campaign for the Alliance and ends up being a follower himself.

Lightforged
    Captain Fareeya does not make an appearance from what I've seen so far. The Lightforged themselves do help Turalyon and the Alliance in Arathi as troops and warframes

Thread title is a little silly however. The entire story of 8.0 is about recruiting the Zandalar and Kul Tiras and just how important they are to winning the war.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2018-07-18 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    In Zandalar the Nightborne have a pretty pronounced presence (especially in Zuldazar), representing the Reliquary and searching for ancient relics and items of power to aid in the war effort against the Alliance. In Kul Tiras there is apparently a Void Elven regiment that operates out of Boralus. The Island Expeditions also heavily feature the various Allied Races in their random assembly of events.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Those mag'har aren't the ones we'll be getting though
    I think i get what they mean. Those Mag'har aren't the same Mag'har but they were still a faction we went out and allied with. it's a poor play on the logic...

it's sort of like how the alliance have an allied race leader leading one of the core factions... but the allied race in question has officially been part of the alliance since vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    it's sort of like how the alliance have an allied race leader leading one of the core factions... but the allied race in question has officially been part of the alliance since vanilla.
    Honestly not sure if you mean Moira (Dark Irons), Velen (Lightforged), or Jaina (Kul Tirans).

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Vindicaar is busy being used as a critter blaster.

Did you honestly expect the allied races being anything more than a preparation for a new era of microtransactions?
    We're up to like 10 allied races now and 0% of them have involved microtransactions, get off with the trolling.

On topic it seems like the Zandalar and kul tirans will feature for obvious reasons. Outside of that, with the emphasis on faction leaders as our "core cast" of main characters by the looks of our cinematics thus far, I expect them to show up when appropriate.