Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Questing is dumb and mind numbingly boring for me, so I would still do dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    You honestly think Vanilla quests are "fresh"? They were some of the dullest quests ever conceived. Tera Online levels of rudimentary tediousness. Plus there were never enough quests to level your character properly. So you'd be stuck killing mobs for hours just so that next greyed out ! would turn yellow.
    They’d be fresh for me since I’ve never done them before outside of leveling a shaman to 23 on a private server. So I could probably stomach leveling to 60 at least once, especially since the narrative of those quests is more interesting than the Cata quests that replaced them and that I’ve done dozens of times.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does no one actually check this stuff before freaking out? I've looked at 2 different lvl 25 characters I have, one who already ran several dungeons and 1 who I haven't done anything on after the patch and they'd both get ~18k XP for a random dungeon. It's not actually nerfed, it's probably just a UI bug.

I prefer questing over all but the outland/northrend part is just so fucking slow without dungeons...

10+ Year Old Account
    but now the choice level by dungeons is more meaningful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I know when I play a game, I want one route to max level. Making other content relevant is for fucking retards.

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer if dungeons were viable because after level 9 classes doing the same shit over and over again might help alleviate the repetition. They've fucked up pvp as well and ruined any fun that could be had a bunch of fucking mongoloid retards running and each-other press the shit that lights up.
    Ye keep collecting those bear brains for repetitive quests with tiny printed text you imbecile. If I want a proper single player experience with story I go play witcher 3. Sure it was exiting to level those old quests back in the days, but after 15 years of the same pattern it tends to get REALLY boring. Mixing questing and dungeons has always been part of WoW leveling. They offer relaxing breaks from the repetitive quest spamming.

Leveling dungeons can be extremely fun with a group full of competitive players where your skill level determines how efficiently you level up. It is sad to see how blizzard basically tries to force people to buy character boost. Sure in short term they might gain huge profits out of that, but in the long term I think this can be damaging.

7+ Year Old Account
    Very good change
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling feels fine for me. At least with the combo-leveling.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Goddamn it. Thank fuck I leveled my allied races before 8.0, I knew they'd try and pull this shit.

Don't they realize that people try to exploit and find easier ways to level because their current leveling system is so terrible?

Who am I kidding, of course they know. It's why they sell boosts now.
    its all about money - thats why made leveling unbearable so people say fuck it and pay 60 euro for it. shame blizzard shame .

- - - Updated - - -

They’d be fresh for me since I’ve never done them before outside of leveling a shaman to 23 on a private server. So I could probably stomach leveling to 60 at least once, especially since the narrative of those quests is more interesting than the Cata quests that replaced them and that I’ve done dozens of times.
    cant wait when people will realise that in vanilla

a)quest mobs didnt have shared tagging
    b) quest drops from mobs were not as common as they are now - aka to collect 10 bear asses you now have to kill 20 bears while in vanilla it was sometimes 100 bears
    c)leveling will be extremly painfully slow due to wasting ton of time runing between zones to follow quests.

most people will drop classic by the time they hit level 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    Basically back to questing for everyone?
    Yes, as it should be from the get go. Hardly can call it "nerfed"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

so you can spend real money to buy gold, then buy boosts to get amazing gear,
    but god forbid someone boosts you several levels in low level dungeon
    #logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    Laziness has nothing to do with it. It’s a video game and it’s purpose is to be fun. This slog is not fun.
    It's fun for me. Who are you to speak for everyone without any proofs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    cant wait when people will realise that in vanilla

a)quest mobs didnt have shared tagging
    b) quest drops from mobs were not as common as they are now - aka to collect 10 bear asses you now have to kill 20 bears while in vanilla it was sometimes 100 bears
    c)leveling will be extremly painfully slow due to wasting ton of time runing between zones to follow quests.

most people will drop classic by the time they hit level 30.
    Probably but then classic isn't something I plan to play at launch. It'll be something I work on over the years when I'm extremely bored. Anyway, classic's tedium is irrelevant since it's practically a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    It's fun for me. Who are you to speak for everyone without any proofs?
    How am I speaking for one everyone? Do I have to add ‘imo’ after every statement for you to realize it’s my opinion?

Seems the weekly thing is only for the gold reward. I just tested this on a level 21.

Before dungeon completion: https://i.imgur.com/YF5SmlA.jpg

After: https://i.imgur.com/3Gu0NHN.jpg

Experience reward remains the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    How am I speaking for one everyone? Do I have to add ‘imo’ after every statement for you to realize it’s my opinion?
    Stop making general statements as if it were facts?

I am confident this will lead me to boosting my lock lol, well played Blizzard
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    people will still do dungeons at least once for the quests but why should an mmos leveling process be spamming a dungeon finder tool. sure thats great for most of us who have done the content 10+ times but for new people its pretty trash to force them out of the world and into an instance.
    How many new people are playing the game? extremely few, most of the people that are leveling and playing have done so for ages and done all of these leveling zones 10 times already, why make the leveling for them even harder.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    How many new people are playing the game? extremely few, most of the people that are leveling and playing have done so for ages and done all of these leveling zones 10 times already, why make the leveling for them even harder.
    With the new implement of sub only to play upto legion, I think this will bring a lot more players in TBH, people like myself who recently quit RS to come back to WoW (last time I properly played with MoP) will be happy to pick up a new game, that as well as i have managed to get nearly 13 people to join recently as to a lot of us "meh its only £10" compared to the old "wait so i have to buy this xpac + this + members + this to even play? nah don't worry"

Goddamn it. Thank fuck I leveled my allied races before 8.0, I knew they'd try and pull this shit.

Don't they realize that people try to exploit and find easier ways to level because their current leveling system is so terrible?

Who am I kidding, of course they know. It's why they sell boosts now.
    You sure it has nothing to do with a certain tendency to choosing the path of least resistance? I'd argue that there is one hell of a precedent of players doing horribe shit cause it was deemed the most efficient way to achive their goal. Case in point: The whole MoS spam fiasco, nobody spammed MoS cause they though it was fun. Just like farming Kara and getting boosted isn't actually fun either, but it's efficient, so thats why people do it. If mob grinding was the most effective way to level people would do that instead of leveling too, regardless of how mind-numbering boring the activity is.