Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The way to level fastest should always be to do every dungeon once for the quests and level in the world otherwise. You shouldn't be spamming random dungeons and repeating them over and over and over. And to be fair I think even before these nerfs the random dungeon exp wasn't worthwhile after doing a few (once the risk of repeating dungeons has risen to a significant level). Regardless, it'd be nice if they buffed the exp for doing it the intended method, it's a little on the slow side. But I don't think it's that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    You sure it has nothing to do with a certain tendency to choosing the path of least resistance? I'd argue that there is one hell of a precedent of players doing horribe shit cause it was deemed the most efficient way to achive their goal. Case in point: The whole MoS spam fiasco, nobody spammed MoS cause they though it was fun. Just like farming Kara and getting boosted isn't actually fun either, but it's efficient, so thats why people do it. If mob grinding was the most effective way to level people would do that instead of leveling too, regardless of how mind-numbering boring the activity is.
    Me and everyone else I know who's used exploits/cheeses to level did it because it was more fun than grinding through those outdated quests again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    people will still do dungeons at least once for the quests but why should an mmos leveling process be spamming a dungeon finder tool. sure thats great for most of us who have done the content 10+ times but for new people its pretty trash to force them out of the world and into an instance.
    So it's better to force all the players that have been levelling for years to go into the open world?

Why punish people that have supported/enjoyed this game for years while also make the levelling grind for new players even longer.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    I guess if 'everyone' was depending on higher levels to power them through, the game was done for anyway. So I doubt it was really that way.

So horrible that people might have to actually play the game...

If you can't handle a little leveling, quit or buy a boost, lazy asses.
    How many max level characters do you have may I ask?
    And did you mostly level them with questing or did you use dungeons and/or legion invasions?

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    But what you call a slog IS the game, isn't it? Maybe this game just is not for you?
    Same question for you as above and oh, did you get called a pedantic little shit a lot while growing up?
    Last edited by mmocd9c49027e6; 2018-07-18 at 01:07 PM.

For every character at max level per expansion you should get a 5% xp boost account wide for all characters under cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    For every character at max level per expansion you should get a 5% xp boost account wide for all characters under cap.
    yep, instead of all the heirlooms... but maybe not 5%, should be more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    yep, instead of all the heirlooms... but maybe not 5%, should be more.
    I said 5% because the heirlooms exist.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    cant wait when people will realise that in vanilla

a)quest mobs didnt have shared tagging
    b) quest drops from mobs were not as common as they are now - aka to collect 10 bear asses you now have to kill 20 bears while in vanilla it was sometimes 100 bears
    c)leveling will be extremly painfully slow due to wasting ton of time runing between zones to follow quests.

most people will drop classic by the time they hit level 30.
    Add to it:

Named quest mobs could have up to 15 min respawn timer, with no shared tagging unless you invited others to your party.

Classes had little to none self sustain, you had to constantly eat and / or bandage between pulls, and mana classes ran oom so had to drink.

You had no mount until lvl 40 and it cost a lot of gold most people didn't have.

Most classes didn't have speed ups until higher level either for example ghost wolf and travel form and aspect of the cheetah were around lvl 30 all. Aspect of the cheetah would also daze you if hit.

Graveyards were sparse, if you died you had to leg it half the zone as a ghost.

Flightpaths were sparse, usually 1 per zone and then run on foot to every quest camp. Quests could well enough send you from northernmost part of the zone to the southernmost part of the zone back and forth. On foot.

From mid to high level range quests could send you across the zones and across continents even for one quest chain.

Every time you levelled up you would get new ranks on some spells. If it was any dps spell, you probably had to make a trip to your capital city to buy new ranks and then all the way back to the questing zone. Otherwise your abilities would fall behind in damage. If it was a non crucial spell, you'd probably skip it as you'd not have enough gold to buy every spell upgrade your class had.

If you found a weapon of a type you haven't used before, for example from sword to axe, you'd be parried 24/7 until you ranked up weapon skill. You also had to go to a specific city to meet a special trainer to teach you how to use class weapons that weren't assigned to your race.

Most quest rewards would give you items that were either white with no stats at low levels, or predefined with some stats that could be completely wrong for your class. You could go half a zone without seeing a single proper upgrade.

If you wanted to do a dungeon, not only you had to spam trade to find people for it, but you had to walk to every dungeon, and even if you managed to clear it and not disband halfway, you could get your items "ninjad" by some mofo that would roll need on everything even stuff he cannot equip and the game had no protection against it except community naming and shaming. Also there was no loot trading if you "accidentally" rolled on something you didn't want after all.

And probably several other "inconveniences" I don't remember now but people take the improvements over these as granted by now.

P.S. And hearthstone had like 1h cd.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-07-18 at 02:00 PM. Reason: paragraphs

people will still do dungeons at least once for the quests but why should an mmos leveling process be spamming a dungeon finder tool. sure thats great for most of us who have done the content 10+ times but for new people its pretty trash to force them out of the world and into an instance.
    If you think about it, dungeons should be better. Let me ask you this:

You want to pick a hero to defend you, who do you pick:
    A. The guy who spent his life looking for a key in poop
    B. The guy who spent his career killing monsters and big bad evil guys

You pick
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    i found 60-80 to be the slowest.

80-90 went quick working on Pandaria quests to get my Pandaria Loremaster finally (was missing Kun-Lai) and 90-100 is stupid easy with Draenor Treasures + War Mode zipping around and doing bonus quests.

God Forbid you actually have to *WORK* to get something in this game
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    You sure it has nothing to do with a certain tendency to choosing the path of least resistance? I'd argue that there is one hell of a precedent of players doing horribe shit cause it was deemed the most efficient way to achive their goal. Case in point: The whole MoS spam fiasco, nobody spammed MoS cause they though it was fun. Just like farming Kara and getting boosted isn't actually fun either, but it's efficient, so thats why people do it. If mob grinding was the most effective way to level people would do that instead of leveling too, regardless of how mind-numbering boring the activity is.
    I'm sick to death of hearing this total HORSESHIT. People do not generally shirk doing something FUN for something slightly more efficient. What is the fucking logic in that? I'm playing a game for fun and I love love love collecting bears asses and killing x mobs over and over again with some stupid flavor text, but instead of doing that I'll go do something that's way faster and not a BIT more mindnumbing than killing bears and x mobs.

The REASON people choose a more efficient path is because they DON'T find the other way significantly or probably ANY more fun.

Not only that, there isn't some inherent fucking virtue in questing that makes it better than mob grinding, dungeon grinding or BG grinding. The only virtue it has for Blizzard is that IT CANNOT BE SPED UP appreciably. That's it. That's why they like it. MAUs/player engagement metrics or what the fuck ever.

The lead devs are hardcore raiders and they don't give 3 shits about levelling. They care about the metrics that their bosses care about and forcing people into a levelling path that is guaranteed to be slow delivers either MAUs or dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    I guess if 'everyone' was depending on higher levels to power them through, the game was done for anyway. So I doubt it was really that way.

So horrible that people might have to actually play the game...

If you can't handle a little leveling, quit or buy a boost, lazy asses.
    or buy a boost... almost like they want that eh....

Blizzard can shit on a cake and people like you would still eat it. What if some new players prefer to dungeon spam instead of questing around. That option should still be available.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Goddamn it. Thank fuck I leveled my allied races before 8.0, I knew they'd try and pull this shit.

Don't they realize that people try to exploit and find easier ways to level because their current leveling system is so terrible?

Who am I kidding, of course they know. It's why they sell boosts now.
    I wish people who wanted "harder leveling" would pay me 1 month worth of subs to compensate for my time. I did not ask for that. :/

At least I don't have many slots left on my account which are below 110.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So if people hate leveling so much why not just get some gold and get a boost that way? I could get 4 or so boost and I haven’t been trying to get gold though out legion.

Quote Originally Posted by InfectHerGadget View Post
    So it's better to force all the players that have been levelling for years to go into the open world?

Why punish people that have supported/enjoyed this game for years while also make the levelling grind for new players even longer.

How many max level characters do you have may I ask?
    And did you mostly level them with questing or did you use dungeons and/or legion invasions?

Same question for you as above and oh, did you get called a pedantic little shit a lot while growing up?
    I have 15 max level toons. I have always done a combination of dungeons and questing. I started playing WoW at the end of Vanilla, just before Naxx opened. Questing and leveling has always been a "mandatory" part of the game, at least until boosts became a thing. Leveling is character progression, which is the core of what WoW is. Once you hit max level, the experience gaining character progression shifts to gearing character progression. Legion and now BfA have even added in AP character progression at max level. My point is, it is and always has been an integral part of what WoW and the MMORPG genre have always been about.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So if people hate leveling so much why not just get some gold and get a boost that way? I could get 4 or so boost and I haven’t been trying to get gold though out legion.
    Because buying a boost rewards blizzard for the changes. I can level 3 characters a month for 15$ versus giving blizzard 60 dollars. It also shows that they work people are just gonna have to vote with there wallets.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

gotta encourage people to buy them boosts

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Because buying a boost rewards blizzard for the changes. I can level 3 characters a month for 15$ versus giving blizzard 60 dollars. It also shows that they work people are just gonna have to vote with there wallets.
    Well ya but if your leveling at all your supporting the changes, if I didn’t enjoy leveling but wanted to level more I’d proabbly just unsub if I didn’t think it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Well ya but if your leveling at all your supporting the changes, if I didn’t enjoy leveling but wanted to level more I’d proabbly just unsub if I didn’t think it was worth it.
    I know which is why I said people need to vote with there wallet but if you buy more boost blizzard might think moves like this sell. Investor have a say in how companies are runs my guy.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Pretty good idea