Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Going for it myself, was always interested, but the weird, complicated setup it had in Legion scared me off. BfA Survival seems like something I can actually run in a chaotic raid environment.

as of now, survival is trying to survive. BM - as usual during opening xpacs - is the best spec, with surv second.

For sure maining Survival in BfA. Going to be sweet!

It's one of several choices. I want to play it, really do, but i always have the requirement the class need a 2nd interesting spec and BM\MM havent catched on yet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe. I'm still not thrilled with my old main being made a melee class, but at least they've managed to put some dots back in the dot spec. And the talents look to have some interesting interactions.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

I leveled a Survival Hunter to 120 in the beta. When I spec Hydra's Bite, Vipers Venom, and Wildfire Infusions I have fun with it. I'm not defending it being melee, but most of the abilities are ranged, especially with Aspect of the Eagle.

My main complaint is the amount of damage you take facetanking mobs. Hunter pet doesn't seem to hold aggro very well after the threat changes. I almost got killed today by two non-epic mobs in Zuldazar after they dismounted me when I ran by. They took me to 20% HP after using every defensive cooldown and I pulled aggro even after growl and misdirect. I have all 300+ ilvl equiped too. This might be intended, I haven't played any other class at max level yet.
    Last edited by Polygons; 2018-07-18 at 04:25 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I did some bg’s as it so far is pretty fun might beat out bm though I haven’t done much with mm yet.

I love the new survival changes compared to legion ( I also like legion surv). Wildfire Bomb with the associated talents is fun. Kill command and can still talent Flanking strike for a closer leap. Aspect of the eagle to chase people down or attack a boss while moving out of AOE. I might main surv if I end up maining my hunter, can't decide between hunter or warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing 5k on my BM, 3k on my survival. Thats it for me. Im maining mage / warrior in BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Survival was super fun in legion honestly. But them adding kill command in instead of focusing on flanking strike or mongoose bite is annoying to me. The new wildfire bombs and stuff is cool tho.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

I am maining it right now and I one/two shot things, I actually kill them too fast that I cannot even do my rotation without a target dummy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfstan View Post
    Survival was super fun in legion honestly. But them adding kill command in instead of focusing on flanking strike or mongoose bite is annoying to me. The new wildfire bombs and stuff is cool tho.
    I think they could easily have named it Flanking Strike and had it do the same thing for consistency lol.

Really liking it right now. The mix of ranged and melee abilities is nice. Yeah, in PvE environment you won’t ever reach optimal damage being out of melee, but in PvP and world PvE it feels great being able to kite stuff around and whittle it down if you need to pull back a bit from fear of death.
    The spec flows a lot better now too than it did in Legion, and not having to stop everything for a specific damage burst window or to maintain a buff is nice. Sure, if you pick MB, there’s a bit of interruption but the way the spec flows it’s so much more minimal and easier to plan around.
    Definitely a nicer, slightly more refined spec than what it was and seems to have a nice, decently paced build vs spender vs some other melee like Rogues or Ferals can get while waiting for resources.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I miss Survival from MoP/WoD. Sadly we'll probably never see that spec again.
    BfA Survival is pretty great so far. I'm happy they stuck with it rather than catered to the people who lost their second MM copy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think they could easily have named it Flanking Strike and had it do the same thing for consistency lol.
    Pretty sure they named it Kill Command FOR consistency, since the two abilities do basically the same thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    BfA Survival is pretty great so far. I'm happy they stuck with it rather than catered to the people who lost their second MM copy.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure they named it Kill Command FOR consistency, since the two abilities do basically the same thing now.
    I know, maybe it is just the icon, kill command icon looks bland and like shit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I know, maybe it is just the icon, kill command icon looks bland and like shit lol.
    The icon is kind of lame, yes. I like that they gave Survival its own animation for it though.

If you are face tanking as Survival you are doing it wrong... Growl + Misdirect + Feign Death...

Legion Survival had some serious issues with clunkiness, but BfA survival as of right now feels... too asynergistic and too simplistic, for me at least.

You have very few buttons and none of them interact with each other. It's just kind of boring.

Maybe if Blizzard's tuning passes make the more 'active' talents less terrible across the board it'll feel better though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggit View Post
    Legion Survival had some serious issues with clunkiness, but BfA survival as of right now feels... too asynergistic and too simplistic, for me at least.

You have very few buttons and none of them interact with each other. It's just kind of boring.

Maybe if Blizzard's tuning passes make the more 'active' talents less terrible across the board it'll feel better though.
    Use the Wildfire infusion talent on the last row, gives you a lot of interaction with abilities.

Deleted
    Used my boost for a S-hunter, i feel it's probably gone a tad too far in simplifying the play style in bfa, but a few tweaks should make it a bit more involved. I like the fact you can bounce from melee to ranged and back again via the aspect.

But "I can throw eagles" although storing them in my pockets is a pain.