Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yes, but once you start the action of debating people, you can't claim you're not debating. He's using comedy as a shield against criticism.

By pretty much everyone. Who here thinks it's okay to call a black man an "uncle tom"?
    He never claimed to not be debating, he used the "I'm a comedian" defense when those debating him started acting like he had political power. Have you never seen the few times he's been engaged? He only gets defensive when the opposing side starts claiming he's more than he is, he doesn't say this to devalue his own points or his opponents side, he says it to point out a blatant fact.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    By pretty much everyone. Who here thinks it's okay to call a black man an "uncle tom"?
    False pretense, outside of being black what the fuck does Thoma Sewell have to say about black people, what makes him qualified in a academic measure. The answer is Nothing.

That makes him a fucking sell out and Uncle Tom not his race, he isn't owed to any one side or ideology, but if he is going to speak on a subject and his only actual academic qualification is that he is black then guess fucking what, he is trading on his race.

But I didn't elect him or hell even the entire NAACP, so I am not obliged to take his quotes or views in context or not from you as a measure of anything. As for EVERYBODY ELSE LIKE YOU. I will take your disdain as a compliment.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    That makes him a fucking sell out and Uncle Tom not his race
    Hold on there, do you even realize what you're saying? Do you even know how nonsensical it would be to qualify all black people as "Uncle Toms"?
    Of course, you meant the individual and not the race. That's as obvious as can be! Doesn't make the "Uncle Tom" slur any less racially charged!

I mean, come on now. Are you even trying? Don't use https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ as a shield if you can't properly hold the damn thing up in front of you.
    Last edited by JackOnPar; 2018-07-18 at 05:04 PM.

He agrees that nazis are evil, but he turns around and says that is was an atheistic movement...He's right on some things and completely wrong on others

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    He never claimed to not be debating, he used the "I'm a comedian" defense when those debating him started acting like he had political power. Have you never seen the few times he's been engaged? He only gets defensive when the opposing side starts claiming he's more than he is, he doesn't say this to devalue his own points or his opponents side, he says it to point out a blatant fact.
    Are you saying that he has ZERO influence on his audience's political views?

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    He agrees that nazis are evil, but he turns around and says that is was an atheistic movement...He's right on some things and completely wrong on others
    Where did he say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Well, you only need to be right on a given number of things to enthrall an audience. That's what cult leaders do. And some mmoc posters, but that's another story for another time, and that's besides the point.

He's an intelligent man, perhaps even too much for his own good. Makes him take dishonest shortcuts at times. However, he's not "further on the right than Hitler/Trump", as some people make him out to be. But he does have a tendancy of being a dick.

Alright, time to get called BOTH a nazi and a libtard for the same post. XD

False pretense
    Nah, man. Just calling out someone using racist language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackOnPar View Post
    Hold on there, do you even realize what you're saying? Do you even know how nonsensical it would be to qualify all black people as "Uncle Toms"?
    Of course, you meant the individual and not the race. That's as obvious as can be! Doesn't make the "Uncle Tom" slur any less racially charged!

I mean, come on now. Are you even trying?
    Un·cle Tom
    ˌəNGkəl ˈtäm/Submit

nounNORTH AMERICANderogatory
    a black man considered to be excessively obedient or servile.

After his discharge, Sowell worked a civil service job in Washington, DC, and attended night classes at Howard University, a historically black college. His high scores on the College Board exams and recommendations by two professors helped him gain admission to Harvard University, where he graduated magna cum laude in 1958 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics.He earned a Master's degree from Columbia University the following year.

Sowell has said that he was a Marxist "during the decade of my 20s"; one of his earliest professional publications was a sympathetic examination of Marxist thought vs. Marxist–Leninist practice.] His experience working as a federal government intern during the summer of 1960 caused him to reject Marxian economics in favor of free market economic theory. During his work, Sowell discovered an association between the rise of mandated minimum wages for workers in the sugar industry of Puerto Rico and the rise of unemployment in that industry. Studying the patterns led Sowell to theorize that the government employees who administered the minimum wage law cared more about their own jobs than the plight of the poo
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sowell

Nowhere in any of that does it say he is specifically qualified to speak on behalf of an entire fucking race. He can speak to race, but he is doing so because he is black not because of his fields of expertise Uncle Tom let you down.

But he does have a tendancy of being a dick.
    Everyone has a tendency of being a dick. Some are bigger than others.

Like Mall Security's racist rant against a black guy. That's right up there with some of the worst this forum has to offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, man. Just calling out someone using racist language.
    No you're full of shit, sticking to script because you ran out of nonsense and someone else's mind to rely on. You lose and you're lost and we're done now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sowell

Nowhere in any of that does it say he is specifically qualified to speak on behalf of an entire fucking race. He can speak to race, but he is doing so because he is black not because of his fields of expertise Uncle Tom let you down.
    How does any of this make the term any less racially charged?

Wow, 5 youtube commenters have crazy opinions? This should be front page news!

No you're full of shit, sticking to script because you ran out of nonsense and someone else's mind to rely on. You lose and you're lost and we're done now.
    Script? I just don't think racists are worth the time for me to personally refute.

10+ Year Old Account

Like Mall Security's racist rant against a black guy. That's right up there with some of the worst this forum has to offer.
    A black guy not a race, WHOOOPSY exposed yourself again, it's got nothing to do with race and you just admitted it, and you are calling me racist for pointing out the guy you used is nothing more than a race pimp and Uncle Tom

10+ Year Old Account
    Script? I just don't think racists are worth the time for me to personally refute.
    Yes you do, otherwise you would have stop losing to me 5 post ago, but of course all those people you have to impress, by being embarrassed this badly. Trying to place what you might coin a race card to defend a racist, who happens to be black.

Because I called him an Uncle Tom.

So is Guilty White liberal now racist to you too?

A black guy not a race, WHOOOPSY exposed yourself again, it's got nothing to do with race and you just admitted it, and you are calling me racist for pointing out the guy you used is nothing more than a race pimp and Uncle Tom
    Uncle tom is a racist term. You called someone that unironically and with the intent of offence. You're a racist.

Oh, of course! I mean, this forum as a whole is a textbook example of it. Myself included.
    But more often than not, people tend to have a bit more restraint in public areas, or even as "public speakers", unless controversy is their "business card" (for a lack of better term).

That's not a dig at the man, just analyzing this for what it is, and not what I'd like it to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncle tom is a racist term. You called someone that unironically and with the intent of offence. You're a racist.
    It goes like this.

Act like a racist, then get offended someone calls you a racist.

Then Act as if being called a racist magically makes people become a racist, then pretend you don't care about being called a racist (Since really being racist all along)

Then when being called a racist after swearing not to care because racism doesn't exist.

Then call other people racist, and call anyone not a POC a Guilty white liberal, and bitch how affirmative action and calling people racist, is racist.

When that doesn't work find a Token Uncle Tom for the Alt-Right Quota and pay them to say the exact same racist shit.

Then act surprised that the only qualifications on the Alt-Right is they found someone black who hates themselves enough to be used for $$$$, gets called a racist, or Uncle Tom.

Then Finish it all off after being exposed for all that racist bullshit, instead of having a real dialog about them being a racist, call everyone a racist, because the same dipshits can't get around the fact they were called racist correctly to begin with, that racism does exist, and they have spent a considerable amount of time trolling and pretending to care all the while actually caring, and being fucking racist.

Dude *YAWN* I know the script, I know Jordan Peterson, and it's the exact same played out bullshit I mentioned.

You're done, unless you are also saying Guilty White Liberal is also racist. Plenty of white friends and people I love called that by the Alt-Right
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-07-18 at 05:16 PM.

Are you THAT desperate for those W points?

Also, nice dodge. You still have not explained how any of your argument makes the term "Uncle Tom" any less racially charged.

Oh, of course! I mean, this forum as a whole is a textbook example of it. Myself included.
    But more often than not, people tend to have a bit more restraint in public areas, or even as "public speakers", unless controversy is their "business card" (for a lack of better term).

That's not a dig at the man, just analyzing this for what it is, and not what I'd like it to be.
    I agree with his general stance of you can't please everyone. If you're a thinking person, you're bound to offend someone somewhere. I do have issue with overt assholery, though. Such as the previously mentioned racist rant that was clearly unneeded in this discussion.