• Play Horde and have no motivation

368 36.62%
  • Play Alliance and have no motivation

176 17.51%
Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    Why is it such a big deal/surprise if the Horde kills Alliance forces spying on their mining operation? You’re aware the two factions are enemies that hate each other?
    I thought we were supposed to be allies? Of that is right! Sylvanas left her allies to die while she ran with her tail between her legs!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Nonsense. If we live on the planet, and the planet gets stabbed with a giant sword that could be killing it, then of course we have a say in what happens to the wound. I doubt even you can believe otherwise, but you're permanently stuck in Sylvanas-apologist mode so I won't expect you to acknowledge this.
    Don't even bother with him...he thinks the Horde owns everything...that Sylvanas is his goddess of Azeroth...nothing you can say can possible get past his fingers in his ears.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The only approach to Silithus that makes any sense from a non-partisan pov is for the military of both factions to provide security for the surrounding area (i.e., bug patrol and Twilight Hammer hunting) while the only ones allowed to approach the actual wound should be those with some hope of healing it - shaman, druid, and priest order halls (am I leaving anyone out?) all working together.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The only approach to Silithus that makes any sense from a non-partisan pov is for the military of both factions to provide security for the surrounding area (i.e., bug patrol and Twilight Hammer hunting) while the only ones allowed to approach the actual wound should be those with some hope of healing it - shaman, druid, and priest order halls (am I leaving anyone out?) all working together.
    But Sylvanas doesn't want that...she doesn't give a damn about the wound, all she cares about are all the WMD's she can make from the Azerite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    But Sylvanas doesn't want that...she doesn't give a damn about the wound, all she cares about are all the WMD's she can make from the Azerite.
    Well Stormheim proved she can't trust the alliance when alliance leadership tried to assasinate her while a legion invasion was going on which was world threatening aswell.

Also only way for the that area is to be made a demilitarised zone is that if Alliance pays compensation for gallywix for the losses he made on dead workforce, broken equipment, moving of all them to silithus and from stealing stuff and espionage. Also gives a reason for Sylvanas to trust them because Anduin is maybe trustworthy but he can't keep anyone in line see Rogers, Genn and Calia so until alliance can be trusted from horde PoV there is make demilitarised zone.

That would be ideal. But after Stormheim, Broken shore and all the other minor skirmishes in Legion, Horde and Alliance probably don't have an ounce of trust towards each other. That mixed with threat of Azeroth dying not being an immediate one, speaker being former Alliance king and Azerite popping all over the place probably did its work.

I still think it would be very naive from either of factions to just blindly trust other won't mine it, just because they shook hands on it or whatever. It would just be too huge of a risk to take with too much at stake considering yet still unknown potential of Azerite. At best, Silithus could maybe be a "no mine zone", while they would both be mining it elsewhere behind other faction's back.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Nonsense. If we live on the planet, and the planet gets stabbed with a giant sword that could be killing it, then of course we have a say in what happens to the wound. I doubt even you can believe otherwise, but you're permanently stuck in Sylvanas-apologist mode so I won't expect you to acknowledge this.
    You have a say, you don't get to decide what the other faction does, (You do know that right? Having a say =/= dictating terms?) especially when the other faction doesn't already trust you for good reason. Common sense doesn't make me a Sylvanas apologist, it just means unlike you I'm not under the impression the Horde trusts the Alliance and vice versa. You never even gave a good reason why the Horde would believe anything the Alliance says.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    There are definitely some alliance NPCs I hate (Anduin and Greymane)...but by definition the faction war can't resolve itself anyway, so I really can't bring myself to care about it too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Well Stormheim proved she can't trust the alliance when alliance leadership tried to assasinate her while a legion invasion was going on which was world threatening aswell.

Also only way for the that area is to be made a demilitarised zone is that if Alliance pays compensation for gallywix for the losses he made on dead workforce, broken equipment, moving of all them to silithus and from stealing stuff and espionage. Also gives a reason for Sylvanas to trust them because Anduin is maybe trustworthy but he can't keep anyone in line see Rogers, Genn and Calia so until alliance can be trusted from horde PoV there is make demilitarised zone.
    Really? You must be grasping at straws...

Where was she? Was she even giving a damn about the war? No she was making a pact with Helya so she can secure immortality by enslaving the Val'kyr...nothing says trustworthy like abandoning your allies, leaving them to fight a war for the planet just to pursue your own selfish means.

But hey...you obviously are completely delusional if you think the Alliance is gonna help her harvest Azerite for WMDs that she will use to attack the Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    The Horde does not get to "claim" a wound that threatens the world we all have to live on. Especially when they are exploiting it rather than trying to heal it. And given that the wound threatens all of us, we all have a right to say "STOP PICKING AT THE WOUND AND BACK OFF TILL WE KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING!" That's before we even get to the part where the goblins are (predictably) hoping to turn the stuff into super weapons for Sylvanas to use against Stormwind.
    The Horde has the right to claim the fuck it wants, considered the Horde clearly beat the Alliance when it comes to learn about the substance and its potential. In fact, one the Horde's concerns is indeed how the Alliance would readily swarm the place the moment they realized that themselves, which is precisely what happened. Because, you know, that's the reason why they went in Silithus. "Wow, this substance is weird and interesting and if the Horde has readily built a camp and sent laborers to mine it then it must indeed be something cool and we need to learn why and how is that way too", that basically sums up the Alliance's motivations in Silithus. Your argument regarding the "threat to the world" is utterly hollow since the Alliance, much like the Horde, had no idea of such threat before the factions respectively sent their operatives in the area, nor anyone, not even Khadgar or Magni himself, has the barest idea of how to permanently heal the wound. Nonetheless, as Before the Storm showed, when Magni explained this detail and asked for a contribution, Sylvanas indeed sent a bunch of tauren Druids and Shamans to handle the matter, which is literally all anyone can do at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Horde does not get to "claim" a wound that threatens the world we all have to live on. Especially when they are exploiting it rather than trying to heal it. And given that the wound threatens all of us, we all have a right to say "STOP PICKING AT THE WOUND AND BACK OFF TILL WE KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING!" That's before we even get to the part where the goblins are (predictably) hoping to turn the stuff into super weapons for Sylvanas to use against Stormwind.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

One Queen to rule them all
    One Queen to find them
    One Queen to bring them all
    And in the darkness bind them
    Given the fact that the Horde used WMDs whenever they could on the Alliance, it's a big valid reason for them to be suspicious as well. I think this was the main motivation behind the Alliance trying to interfere and not really to heal the planet. Either way, the Hordes dindus are starting shizzles again.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    "The Horde has the right to claim the fuck it wants"
    adding that to "All will serve the Horde" and "One Queen to rule them all". See you on the battlefield.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

adding that to "All will serve the Horde" and "One Queen to rule them all". See you on the battlefield.
    Not like the Alliance behaves any differently

They work differently.
    It’s more like:
    “Our deeds are perfectly pure, so we have a right to do anything we want, because no matter what we do, it will still look pure”
    Or
    “We can hold the Horde for the deeds of the past, but when someone points at our past, we say it has been too long ago.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    They work differently.
    It’s more like:
    “Our deeds are perfectly pure, so we have a right to do anything we want, because no matter what we do, it will still look pure”
    Or
    “We can hold the Horde for the deeds of the past, but when someone points at our past, we say it has been too long ago.”
    “We’re not conquering, we’re securing the area! There’s a difference!”

“We’re not conquering, we’re securing the area! There’s a difference!”
    “Your grandpa killed mine, so it’s reasonable and absolutely honorable for me to murder you”

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    “Your grandpa killed mine, so it’s reasonable and absolutely honorable for me to murder you”
    "Yes we've been killing your miners and laborers for years, but when you come after our Farmers after they've attacked you..."
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    The Alliance is that faction that tries to behave like the Horde, only to fail most of the times and then play the victim card when they endure a beating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

i dont think even the most pro-horde forum warriors on the planet can claim that the world wouldnt be better off with the alliance taking control of the wound. i mean lmao we literally have goblins digging at it which everyone knows is making it worse

the problem is blizzard is trying to simplify both factions down into 1 word descriptors. alliance gets "unity" which they all hate because it means humans and friends. horde gets "savage" which is blizzardspeak for worse than the burning legion

hopefully they will get some competent writers to dig themselves out of the bfa pit and the expansion can end with the nuremberg trials for sylvanas and all who supported her either explicitly or implicitly. now that would be some dark realism we could all enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    "Yes we've been killing your miners and laborers for years, but when you come after our Farmers after they've attacked you..."
    “It’s absolutely obvious that trees are more sacred then land, so we only remember how orcs attack Ashenvale and completely disregard that tauren village that was destroyed by dwarves during peace (vanila) times for the sake of a digging site, resulting in almost the entire Stonespire tribe’s death.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The Alliance is that faction that tries to behave like the Horde, only to fail most of the times and then play the victim card when they endure a beating.
    This. And then claim to be the good guys while at it.