Deleted

Loot Systems for a ML-less world

Firstly my apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place or reviving some old topics people have already talked to death -

My guild has always used EPGP DKP system to distribute loot with ML and we'll sorely miss it.

Now that PL is forced on us, are there any new systems being launched - with accompanying addons - that would be worth investigating?

In the hope that someone might be able to point me in the right direction,

//Miri - Scrumpy Magtheridon EU

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Personal Loot Helper or something like that.
    It announces in chat when something is an upgrade for someone else.
    Maybe that would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Personal Loot Helper or something like that.
    It announces in chat when something is an upgrade for someone else.
    Maybe that would help.
    This addon also checks if they can trade it because of item level, then sims secondary stats, adds in person bias amongst people for friend or not status (maybe b.net friend / realID friend / not either would be a good way), and if then an option if they are paying gold or giving sexual favors (at least flirting them), and then finally figure out whats best for progress as a cherry on top features all need to be added in.

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    there has to be an addon where everyone rolls on an item that someone declare as not needed, maybe loot council can do this

10+ Year Old Account
    personal loot helper

And then being a decent person.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    This addon also checks if they can trade it because of item level, then sims secondary stats, adds in person bias amongst people for friend or not status (maybe b.net friend / realID friend / not either would be a good way), and if then an option if they are paying gold or giving sexual favors (at least flirting them), and then finally figure out whats best for progress as a cherry on top features all need to be added in.

/s
    Do I get a smoke and a pancake at the end, too?

Deleted
    I need an addon to manage my personal loot that autoresponds "yes, I do"

No. With this kind of addon just like with ML its a one way street. People in control get. People that aren't at at there mercy. No reach around. No smoke. Only what master says.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just let the game handle it and trust your guildies.

No, but you get a pipe and a crepe.

They should just ban trading BOP loot completely already. This grey area is stupid and littered with potential land mines.

But then I also think they should apply BLP to most items as well, and I'm not a dev instructed to increase MAUs at all costs.

Get RC Loot Council installed. The version that handles personal loot is slated to come out this week, with additional features on the way. A high level overview of what it will do:

• When someone loots an item that can be traded - a session will automatically start with loot buttons like Main / Off / Side / Xmog etc (whatever you design the buttons to be).

• As the raid leader, you are now considered the "Master looter" with this addon. When you award an item, it will notify the player who got the drop who to trade the item to. Once the trade is complete, a message goes out in instance chat stating X traded Y to Z.

• Not in this weeks release, but in the future, you'll receive a list of players who have not looted the boss. Additionally item trades will become automatic once the trade window is opened in a future release.

Our guild will be using this method to simulate what we can of the old master loot system. We won't be asking anyone to trade away upgrades, so even if you get something that is tradeable, but its an upgrade for you, they'll keep it, but it helps automate the sea of "anyone want item X" into a more manageable situation.
    Last edited by Osiris; 2018-07-18 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    there has to be an addon where everyone rolls on an item that someone declare as not needed, maybe loot council can do this
    blizzard will imidiately break any addon like this since its going staight against what they are doin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osirisofdoom View Post
    Get RC Loot Council installed. The version that handles personal loot is slated to come out this week, with additional features on the way. A high level overview of what it will do:

• When someone loots an item that can be traded - a session will automatically start with loot buttons like Main / Off / Side / Xmog etc (whatever you design the buttons to be).

• As the raid leader, you are now considered the "Master looter" with this addon. When you award an item, it will notify the player who got the drop who to trade the item to. Once the trade is complete, a message goes out in instance chat stating X traded Y to Z.

• Not in this weeks release, but in the future, you'll receive a list of players who have not looted the boss. Additionally item trades will become automatic once the trade window is opened in a future release.

Our guild will be using this method to simulate what we can of the old master loot system. We won't be asking anyone to trade away upgrades, so even if you get something that is tradeable, but its an upgrade for you, they'll keep it, but it helps automate the sea of "anyone want item X" into a more manageable situation.

Thank you for the advice - this is exactly what I was looking for. My greatest worry with PL is that it'll turn into a popularity contest - like in LFR where people will prioritise giving items to their friends or those who ask first, instead of those it will benefit, and that "the quiet guy" inevitably will be left out. We're also not likely to ask people to trade away upgrades, but handling the remainder of the items in a fair and transparent way is high on my priority list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    blizzard will imidiately break any addon like this since its going staight against what they are doin
    Discord bot to handle it incoming. DW, we'll find a way to distribute loot fairly instead of basing it on RNG and popularity.

PLH has changed, it no longer announces in chat.

It now gives you the option to put items up for trade and lists things that others have put up.

The new version of PLH makes trading a lot easier, but leaves the decision up to the looter and hides the requests/rolls/etc. from everyone except the looter. See https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/...-helper/images for screenshots of how it works.

If you're looking for something more like ML where a loot master or loot council makes decisions instead of the looter making decisions, check RCLootCouncil.

Quote Originally Posted by Enira View Post
    My greatest worry with PL is that it'll turn into a popularity contest - like in LFR where people will prioritise giving items to their friends or those who ask first, instead of those it will benefit, and that "the quiet guy" inevitably will be left out. We're also not likely to ask people to trade away upgrades, but handling the remainder of the items in a fair and transparent way is high on my priority list.
    Anecdotal, but let me tell you what happened in my guild (only HC raiding though): we used ML for quite sometime and then got a couple new raiders from another server. About half of our guild raiders weren't too happy about the change because set pieces couldn't be traded anymore to prioritize people getting their 2 or 4 set bonus. Fast forward two weeks. Noone complained anymore, everyone posted the stuff they didn't need to roll. PL gives more than ML so even the few times someone couldn't trade something didn't matter.

If your raid isn't just a loot confraternity with cliques your quiet guy will just /roll on stuff others don't need. We also had people persuading others to "you take the damn item you benefit more than me"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Anecdotal, but let me tell you what happened in my guild (only HC raiding though): we used ML for quite sometime and then got a couple new raiders from another server. About half of our guild raiders weren't too happy about the change because set pieces couldn't be traded anymore to prioritize people getting their 2 or 4 set bonus. Fast forward two weeks. Noone complained anymore, everyone posted the stuff they didn't need to roll. PL gives more than ML so even the few times someone couldn't trade something didn't matter.

If your raid isn't just a loot confraternity with cliques your quiet guy will just /roll on stuff others don't need. We also had people persuading others to "you take the damn item you benefit more than me"
    Think you're a little naive if you genuinely believe no one got stepped on with that method. I simply wish to keep rewards as predictable as possible, not down to a system of luck, "who wines the loudest" and popularity.