Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Yeah shure keep telling yourself that. In the normal part of the world we know what certain words are standing for.

Thankfully your not part of that world.
    You "shure" told me. Meanwhile, every definition, including the Urban Dictionary, agrees with my point.

15+ Year Old Account
    A 16 month old was fucking being hung and you guys are arguing the word

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It's horrible, yes. That doesn't change the fact that the title is click-baity.

10+ Year Old Account
    She was mentally ill and evaluated by experts, what she did is horrific, but I believe the judge may have gotten this right. I don't know the quality of the experts he relied on or what details were considered more than others. It's a fact that mental disabilities and conditions can lead to horrific consequences.

I would say the only problem I might have is the probation should be for 25 years to life at her expense with mandatory therapy with a qualified psychiatrist.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It's the internet. Minutiae is always more important than the big picture :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    She was mentally ill and evaluated by experts, what she did is horrific, but I believe the judge may have gotten this right. I don't know the quality of the experts he relied on or what details were considered more than others. It's a fact that mental disabilities and conditions can lead to horrific consequences.

I would say the only problem I might have is the probation should be for 25 years to life at her expense with mandatory therapy with a qualified psychiatrist.
    Experts can easily be fooled, especially in the area of mental health and psychology, which is not an exact science. She should be punished with prison time, or at minimum, be held in a mental ward where she at least can't hurt anyone else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    It's horrible, yes. That doesn't change the fact that the title is click-baity.
    No its not because these events happened and people were hurt. Click bait is top 5/10 or conspiracy stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Experts can easily be fooled, especially in the area of mental health and psychology, which is not an exact science. She should be punished with prison time, or at minimum, be held in a mental ward where she at least can't hurt anyone else.
    1. No, they can't easily be fooled. Everyone CAN be fooled, but if they are experts it isn't easy. So you're wrong.

2. Yes Psychology is an exact science unlike your uneducated opinion.

3. It's a good think our justice system requires evidence and not just your opinion.

4. The judge obviously believes she wouldn't have hurt anybody if not for her condition.

1. No, they can't easily be fooled. Everyone CAN be fooled, but if they are experts it isn't easy. So you're wrong.

2. Yes Psychology is an exact science unlike your uneducated opinion.

3. It's a good think our justice system requires evidence and not just your opinion.

4. The judge obviously believes she wouldn't have hurt anybody if not for her condition.
    Psychology is not an exact science dude. There's debates about it even being considered science at all. You clearly are talking directly out of your ass; at the very least, you're talking from a position of ignorant opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Psychology is not an exact science dude. There's debates about it even being considered science at all. You clearly are talking directly out of your ass; at the very least, you're talking from a position of ignorant opinion.
    I am not going to read your click on your pseudoscience bullshit, because I am sure there are morons who debate the moon landing. Reality is hard for people like yourself, but yeah Psychology is a hard science despite whatever bullshit you peddle as an "Alternative" lol

The only one speaking out of their ass is you, who isn't the judge, not aware of all the facts and thank god not not empowered with such a responsibility. But here on the Internet you can play Judge Judy all you want LOL! fff
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-07-19 at 02:30 AM.

I am not going to read your click on your pseudoscience bullshit, because I am sure there are morons who debate the moon landing. Reality is hard for people like yourself, but yeah Psychology is a hard science despite whatever bullshit you peddle as an "Alternative" lol

The only one speaking out of their ass is you, who isn't the judge, not aware of all the facts and thank god not not empowered with such a responsibility. But here on the Internet you can play Judge Judy all you want LOL! fff
    It's from "Psychology Today," you ignorant moron. You just demonstrated how little you actually know about psychology by declaring it to be a hard science. GTFO and go back to working at the mall.

Wow, what a fucking piece of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's from "Psychology Today," you ignorant moron. You just demonstrated how little you actually know about psychology by declaring it to be a hard science. GTFO and go back to working at the mall.
    Psychology Today isn't an authority and that isn't how science (Knowledge Works), nor is that how the court systems work either. Resorting to personal insults about me isn't going to change that.

Psychology Today isn't an authority and that isn't how science (Knowledge Works), nor is that how the court systems work either. Resorting to personal insults about me isn't going to change that.
    Oh no, it's only a magazine for professionals, by professionals, and run & written by some of the world's top experts in the field. Clearly it's not an authority on the field as a whole.
    /sarcasm

Dude, every fucking thread you post in, you come in, act like you're the world's smartest poster who knows everything about everything, slam your e-cock on the table, declare that your opinion is fact and anyone who disagrees is an idiot, and pretend that whatever bullshit you spout is how it is. Like psychology being an exact, hard science when even psychologists themselves admit that it's not, or at the very least admit that it's up for debate. I resort to personal insults because you richly deserve them.
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2018-07-19 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    FROM WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD. PROBATION is worse than prison. I do think she should be locked up however.
    Well, you were told wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, it's only a magazine for professionals, by professionals, and run & written by some of the world's top experts in the field. Clearly it's not an authority.
    /sarcasm

Dude, every fucking thread you post in, you come in, act like you're the world's smartest poster who knows everything about everything, slam your e-cock on the table, declare that your opinion is fact and anyone who disagrees is an idiot, and pretend that whatever bullshit you spout is how it is. Like psychology being an exact science when even psychologists themselves admit that it's not, or at the very least admit that it's up for debate. I resort to personal insults because you richly deserve them.

No, it's a website like blog, where everyone from quacks to actual qualified psychologist post and advertise. It's by no means a fucking authority, you can find everyone from counselor to people that sold out their bonadied science degrees to sell energy crystals.

That isn't how science works or the method for it, and this isn't a source or any one goofball you found qualified to make your bullshit idea Psychology isn't a science. It is a science an exact science.

Healing with Energy Crystals not so much, but I would pair most of them off with your qualifications about the law or this case.

As for your personal attacks, try attacking my arguments, instead of trying to make personal insults or comments about what you think I should be doing with my gainful employment.

I don't need to be the smartest person in the world to point out you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, both on the subject YOU started, or about Science and Psychology.

Which is a good reason why this woman's fate isn't up to you.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-07-19 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    She struck his car and then dragged him?

So I guess he must've not been in the car at the time, but standing near it? Which is confusing when you use the term "motorist".
    Dragged the car....It got stuck to the van. Motorist is a person operating a vehicle.

A clear case of pussy privilege. Anything other than at least 25 years prison would not have even been imagined if a man did this.

No, it's a website like blog, where everyone from quacks to actual qualified psychologist post and advertise. It's by no means a fucking authority, you can find everyone from counselor to people that sold out their bonadied science degrees to sell energy crystals.

That isn't how science works or the method for it, and this isn't a source or any one goofball you found qualified to make your bullshit idea Psychology isn't a science. It is a science an exact science.

Healing with Energy Crystals not so much, but I would pair most of them off with your qualifications about the law or this case.

As for your personal attacks, try attacking my arguments, instead of trying to make personal insults or comments about what you think I should be doing with my gainful employment.

I don't need to be the smartest person in the world to point out you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, both on the subject YOU started, or about Science and Psychology.

Which is a good reason why this woman's fate isn't up to you.
    Bullshit. Psychology is not considered a hard science by any standard in the world, despite you insisting that it is. The burden of proof is on you - you claimed it's a hard, exact science, fucking prove it you intellectually bankrupt charlatan. I don't need to prove a negative, you need to show authoritative, undeniable proof that psychology is a hard science. Put up, or shut up.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta admit.... This screams of gender bias.. glad that the child is alive, but she should not be allowed anywhere near other people for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bullshit. Psychology is not considered a hard science by any standard in the world, despite you insisting that it is. The burden of proof is on you - you claimed it's a hard, exact science, fucking prove it you intellectually bankrupt charlatan. I don't need to prove a negative, you need to show authoritative, undeniable proof that psychology is a hard science. Put up, or shut up.

Again you are wrong, yes it is a hard science, the fact you don't know that and relied on billy bullshit of a link you tried to send me is a pretty good indication along with the rest of your thinking without evidence about this case.

Factoids about Psychology Today.

History and mission.
    Founded in 1967 by Nicolas Charney, Ph.D, its intent is to make psychology literature more accessible to the general public. The magazine focuses on behavior and covers a range of topics including psychology, neuroscience, relationships, sexuality, parenting, health (including from the perspectives of alternative medicine), work, and the psychological aspects of current affairs.

The magazine's website features therapy and health professionals directories and hundreds of blogs written by a wide variety of psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, medical doctors, anthropologists, sociologists, and science journalists. Its current editor-in-chief is Kaja Perina.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology_Today
    This is not an Authority on Science or Psychology. And the woman who runs it

Kaja Perina

I'm the Editor in Chief of Psychology Today. Prior to PT I worked at magazines large and small; defunct and very much still alive (RIP Brill's Content; not going anywhere soon: Vogue). Before that I worked briefly in wire services and even more briefly in television news. My own writing for PT is anthologized in The Best American Science Writing series.

The question I'm most frequently asked is whether I have formal training in psychology. My stock reply was once: "Only if you count years of psychotherapy." I now tell people simply, and no less honestly, that lifelong curiosity about human behavior is ample schooling. As to formal schooling, I hold degrees from Vassar College and the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/experts/kaja-perina
    She doesn't know shit either.