Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    Funny, that's the one that stayed.
    I'm confused, as when I pickpocket mobs in dungeons, I no longer get items or the coins of air, but just coppers. Am I doing something wrong? It worked fine for 2 weeks after getting 110 (I'm new to rogue at 110 - just levelled for the MT sabers).

Quote Originally Posted by Samerius View Post
    They nerfed it so more people have to buy tokens to get gold, money hungry as fuck.
    I love when people say things like this without remembering that every previous expansion does this.
    - WoD Garrison missions have had all gold removed in 7.0: Legion's Pre-patch, just like Legion's today. BfA's will be the same in 9.0.
    - Many bosses no longer drop gold and those that do drop very little.
    - Items from Dungeons/Raids have had sell prices reduces.
    - This is the first expansion with World Quests and I'm willing to bet BfAs will also be reduced come 9.0.

Unless it's vanity (mog, mounts, etc) or a feature (WoD/Legion Flight, Allied Races), they don't want you doing old expansion content (though I would argue the "features" bit to change because that is really dumb)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Well yeah. Things are being set up for BFA. Same How the pet tokens have been changed. So people don't feel obligated to farm old content.

No it doesn't.
    Actually before the introduction of dailies at the end of The Burning Crusade, unless you played the AH gaining gold took quite a long time.. Compared to how it was back in vanilla/burning crusade, you are getting showered in gold these days..

10+ Year Old Account
    everything was cut in half or removed afaik. same thing happened in WoD, i don't see the problem here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Actually before the introduction of dailies at the end of The Burning Crusade, unless you played the AH gaining gold took quite a long time.. Compared to how it was back in vanilla/burning crusade, you are getting showered in gold these days..
    Yea, I remember farming skettis' giant trees for herbs over 6hrs a day for about 2 weeks to get my 280% mount lol

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuze View Post
    everything was cut in half or removed afaik. same thing happened in WoD, i don't see the problem here

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, I remember farming skettis' giant trees for herbs over 6hrs a day for about 2 weeks to get my 280% mount lol
    Tell me about it in vanilla I was saving up like crazy to get my first 600 gold epic ground mount, took me weeks to get the gold but I did get it in the end.. Funny thing is now I can spend 30 minutes or so doing world quests and gain the same amount if not more gold, that back in vanilla would of taken me weeks to months to get.. lol

Deleted
    Well what i liked was the additional gold on WQs completed. Promoted playing the game, but for 30 gold it's not really worth it. My point was that the Argus WQs are giving way more gold than anything on beta, last i checked elite WQs in BFA only give 100g...100...which would make it so going back to Argus is still the best way to make some quick gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I was gonna make a thread critiquing the way every expansion they just keep upping the gold output from nearly every source. I'm no economist but it seems like if they really wanted to do a gold squish they would reduce the output of gold from quests, raids and loot. Just stop handing people gobs of gold at every turn (as much as I liked my weekly 5k pickpocket turn-in, it was a little counterproductive for the overall economy of the game).
    No the problem is that they have completely fucked over legitimate farming in order to combat bots and make $$$ from tokens at the same time. The only losers here are the players who like farming, after all it's one of the few things in WoW that was actually sandbox-like gameplay without following a blizzard script.

Blizzard want you obtaining gold only how they want, only in the amounts they want (regardless of your playtime). It's generally been a theme of blizzard's since the activision takeover that your fun as a player has to be scripted and managed.

Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    Funny, that's the one that stayed.
    To be entirely fair, that's one that's not really going to be any less effort at 120 than it is now. I suspect they'll nerf it at some point, though.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    To be entirely fair, that's one that's not really going to be any less effort at 120 than it is now. I suspect they'll nerf it at some point, though.
    5k a WEEK is not nearly as strong as you'd think. They probably won't nerf it since it's not a daily distraction, and you'll be making far more from BfA tables.

You really are't generating gold out of nothing. You still have to actually bother doing WQ to get resources.
    I know because despite easy source of gold and easy access of WQ resources, I still don't bother to do the WQ on my alts, and this desire will only go less with new expansion.

And if you foolishly did the mission for blood (which consume resources very fast), then you are quickly run out of resources to do gold mission without doing WQ

So - Blizzard did the same thing they always do at expansions.

Not sure how this is news ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I love when people say things like this without remembering that every previous expansion does this.
    Yep. Has happened for a long time now. It was really noticeable during Warlords since that was the first expansion I can remember that was just awash in gold. I expect this to continue to be true going forward with all new expansions. Lots of gold available during the expansion and most of it nerfed to move people along when a new expansion gets its pre-patch.

People will complain though. That's what they do.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-07-19 at 06:52 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    5k a WEEK is not nearly as strong as you'd think.
    I don't think it is, no. but Blizzard can be quite neurotic about these things at times. I just won't be surprised if it sees some cuts in the not-too-distant future.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's because they don't want people doing old content. I wouldn't have expected any different.
    It's still current content at the moment. WQs surely are.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me about it in vanilla I was saving up like crazy to get my first 600 gold epic ground mount, took me weeks to get the gold but I did get it in the end.. Funny thing is now I can spend 30 minutes or so doing world quests and gain the same amount if not more gold, that back in vanilla would of taken me weeks to months to get.. lol
    Your epic mount was the only real gold sink in the game beside repair costs and respec costs. Now, you have more reasons to spend gold in game, and especially stuff in the AH got more expensive. And while some people are sitting on heaps of millions of gold already, there are many more who probably don't even have 100K gold. Cutting the normally available income will not help regular players, but will strengthen the position of the tycoons even more. I have about 6 Millions left after I spent at least 10 Millions in Legion, and the was things look now, I will probably never again buy something from the BMAH.

Just like in real life. When people earn less, but have to spend the same amounts for their living, society is in trouble. Because money will concentrate on the few rich persons. Always. They will be the only ones with a larger share of income which is free to invest.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2018-07-19 at 08:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    Some WQ's still give gold. Got 203g from an elite WQ on Argus
    That proves the point, before the patch they were typically awarding 400-500g each time.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Deleted
    Problem is as per Ragnaros: Too soon...

No problem they nerf the income once we have sth. better to do. Problem is we have absolutely nothing to do now... I do not move my ass to a wq for 60 gold.

This nerf should have taken place in the middle of August once the addon is out. At the moment it seems to me they just want us to not log in till the expansion goes live.

Scaling bad - no old content (or just in double time)
    Raids and dungeons - yeah always a pleasure in a prepatch... the balancing... so magnificent
    WQs - no longer possible in not premade groups... only solo... and ridiculous rewards

etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yup - and when all those gold sources will be squished token worth 350-500 k will be much more appealing to masses to buy

you can farm gold for 50 hours or ... hey we have token which costs like 15-30 minutes of your work wage - hello we wnt you to buy it

ofc people will be buying tokens.
    Mythic+ boosts mate... raid boosts... AH economy, pet/rare items trading. Leveling boosts If anyone has to buy gold, those are the way less resourceful players. Buy wow tokens argument is way less liky than "pay actual money for sub" because alot of people use gold for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samerius View Post
    They nerfed it so more people have to buy tokens to get gold, money hungry as fuck.
    Or, you know, actually do something for your gold. Contribute in some way. I guess thats too much to ask for WoD babies

- - - Updated - - -

I made tonnes of gold on mining. You lacked imagination

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    Mythic+ boosts mate... raid boosts... AH economy, pet/rare items trading. Leveling boosts If anyone has to buy gold, those are the way less resourceful players. Buy wow tokens argument is way less liky than "pay actual money for sub" because alot of people use gold for that.
    You do realise the people who do these boosts are a tiny tiny % of the wow polulation right? Its so tiny its not worth counting in a statistic

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    just que for lfr dragonsouls at the npc infront of the instance clear all the trash before the first boss get 800g~ in 2 minutes done

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I made tonnes of gold on mining. You lacked imagination
    More than likely as at the time I was very new to the game back in 2006 so did not know all the in's and out's of the game.. Heck I didn't even start to use addons till part way through I think TBC or WoTLK..