Poll: How is War Mode working out for you so far?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its been great. I was in Mac'Aree and got ganked by 7 Horde who have apparently been killing two other alliance as well. I got back to my body and rezzed and when they jumped on me again a massive raid of Alliance stormed in and slaughtered them all and invited me to their raid of vengeance.

It was beautiful, something I haven't experienced since Vanilla. I love seeing all out war spark from skirmishes or even One-Sided gank squads, it really gives that MMO feeling to the game thats been missing for so long. I'm not one to rage when I get killed or camped so I don't mind the downsides of Warmode.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    I haven’t used it yet other than looking at the pvp talents. But my brother has and we always play together, and I was surprised to find that even in a sanctuary zone (Dalaran), and even both being in the same party, we couldn’t see each other in game because he had war mode on and I didn’t. So if you turn war mode on, you are pretty much on another version of the realm and you won’t see those who keep it switched off. Whether that will be a flaw or not time will tell.

(We play on a RP realm which doesn’t usually shard; so the RP community will no doubt have to decide whether to war mode or not because they will be segregated quite forcibly; even in non pvp cities).
    That is how it is supposed to work, as I understand it. So the players who want to risk pvp can be in their world, and those who don't in theirs. And we can all move back and forth by hearthing to SW or ORG.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    doesnt feel much different than before tbh, i do like my pvp talents active all the time tho
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I'm very happy with it since I will not be bothered by horde players ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    10% extra essence from WQ's, letting you farm your legendaries faster
    We all got a free lego for each alt ... so I had 6 legos turn up over night

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Fun enough. I'll leave it on for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I got exciting talents on most of my toons, but felt like the ones on my bear were less so. Do you Brewmaster at all? Brewmaster gets some nice ones. I like Eerie Fermentation, Fast Feet, and Incendiary Breath.
    I believe the PvP-Talents will not work out well long-term. It's just a matter of time until a stream of complaints like:
    "Why is my class more fun and engaging while doing worldquests than it is in M+ or raiding? What's the point of this? I feel dumbed down whenever i enter an instance."
    ...set in. Especially from the specs that got good PvP talents, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I believe the PvP-Talents will not work out well long-term. It's just a matter of time until a stream of complaints like:
    "Why is my class more fun and engaging while doing worldquests than it is in M+ or raiding? What's the point of this? I feel dumbed down whenever i enter an instance."
    ...set in. Especially from the specs that got good PvP talents, obviously.
    Yeah, well, when has Blizz ever done ANYTHING that didn't generate complaints from SOMEONE?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    doesnt feel much different than before tbh, i do like my pvp talents active all the time tho
    In non-PvP situations, my talents don't really affect my output as a bear since almost all of the abilities are utility/survival related that won't get used or matter. In PvP situations, actually feeling less powerful since they pruned some of my throughput talents. Kind of ironic.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

7+ Year Old Account
    To be fair Spiren, didn't you answer your own concern? That is, the extra rewards are supposed to balance out the interruptions by other players. I think it's fair. You can play without either, or you can accept both. Why should you have one without the other?
    I agree there is an additional danger with War Mode on, however I think the world PvP itself is a reward for players enjoying it. Do you like world PvP, but want/need to finish a quest or do some other stuff without these interruptions for some reason? Maybe a group of enemy players keep killing you? You can go to Orgrimmar/Stormwind and switch it off for a while, do whatever you need in peace, then re-enable and go back to war.

But it's not working vice versa. Let's say player who don't like PvP wants some specific reward obtainable only with War Mode. He needs to turn the War Mode on and suffer through the thing he hates so much for a while, getting ganked by experienced PvP players.

The whole War Mode should be about two equal options, enabling you to choose a playstyle you love. None of them should be more rewarding. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiren View Post
    I agree there is an additional danger with War Mode on, however I think the world PvP itself is a reward for players enjoying it. Do you like world PvP, but want/need to finish a quest or do some other stuff without these interruptions for some reason? Maybe a group of enemy players keep killing you? You can go to Orgrimmar/Stormwind and switch it off for a while, do whatever you need in peace, then re-enable and go back to war.

But it's not working vice versa. Let's say player who don't like PvP wants some specific reward obtainable only with War Mode. He needs to turn the War Mode on and suffer through the thing he hates so much for a while, getting ganked by experienced PvP players.

The whole War Mode should be about two equal options, enabling you to choose a playstyle you love. None of them should be more rewarding. That's it.
    I feel like it is two equal options. WQs take longer in WM, because you have to fight other players at same time. 10% more rewards is just about right to balance that out, on average. So at end of week, if not end of each day, players with WM on or off should end up with same EXP, gold, essences, or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried it and for now liking it, not tried enough to say I enjoy or love it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    What's there to love or hate? It's a simple switch. You want to PVP? Turn it on, get those pvp talents and bonus xp and gank and be ganked. Don't want to, well turn it off and mind your business.

It's also a good boost for leveling as long as keep out of the "popular" ganking areas like Dark Portal, Thrallmar, Honor Hold etc.

Still amazed about how some people complain about enabling it "I turned on PVP and I got ganked, blizzard sucks". Just turn it off and shut the fuck up.

Deleted
    I’m using and enjoying it; however trying to get a full group for Greater Invasion etc has been a bit tricky when I keep getting grouped with people who don’t have it turned on and majority of them being phased out… Took ages to actually find a group full of people I could see.

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    What's there to love or hate? It's a simple switch. You want to PVP? Turn it on, get those pvp talents and bonus xp and gank and be ganked. Don't want to, well turn it off and mind your business.

It's also a good boost for leveling as long as keep out of the "popular" ganking areas like Dark Portal, Thrallmar, Honor Hold etc.

Still amazed about how some people complain about enabling it "I turned on PVP and I got ganked, blizzard sucks". Just turn it off and shut the fuck up.
    Good question! Why would you love it? Well, for one reason because it has the potentional to make World pvp 'alive' again. Something a lot of players have been asking for for a long time.

Why would you hate it? There's no real downside actually.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Problem with War Mode is that group finder puts you in the same group with people without War Mode on. Had difficulty doing anything that required a group to do.

And it looks like it screwed up Invasion Points. All Invasion Points show as completed when you enter them. So, a lot of bugs and problem with group finder make it impossible to use at the moment.

To answer the question it's not working at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but there's really no point to doing much of anything in game atm.
    Oi ... Transmog farming wants to have a little word with you

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of miss being on a pvp server so this was a nice change for me. When i get tired i can just turn it off again

Quote Originally Posted by Chronolox View Post
    Problem with War Mode is that group finder puts you in the same group with people without War Mode on. Had difficulty doing anything that required a group to do.

And it looks like it screwed up Invasion Points. All Invasion Points show as completed when you enter them. So, a lot of bugs and problem with group finder make it impossible to use at the moment.

To answer the question it's not working at all.
    Tried to do the greater invasion, half the group had warmode disabled and were in the different phase, even groups out in the world for wardens World quests are screwy with the enabled/disabled phasing and yeah it seems the lessers are in a state of already completed unless you turn it off.

If they can fix the phasing/invasions it's not too bad, i play on a PVP server, so when things are actually working I hardly notice a difference other than i might have an exra spell or two.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Play on a massive allience server. Haven't actually seen a horde yet so it's all passive buffs.