Pre-patch Transmog

Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765717456

Didn't Blizzard state prior to 8.0 that Artifact appearances would be account wide if you have other characters with the same class and specc, unless it was from Mage tower?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post

Didn't Blizzard state prior to 8.0 that Artifact appearances would be account wide if you have other characters with the same class and specc, unless it was from Mage tower?
    Yes. And that's what that says as well?

I still hope they let me transmog my MM bow to my BM. I want a bow and a damned QUIVER! Only quiver in the game and I can't use it, because stupid spec restrictions

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)

Yes and it still will be. Read the post. Once you get a new weapon on an alt, you will be able to xmog it to your mains skins they earned. You cannot xmog a current artifact to a new skin. Wait a month til you have a new weapon, and from then on. Its literally only 28 days this is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Yes. And that's what that says as well?

I still hope they let me transmog my MM bow to my BM. I want a bow and a damned QUIVER! Only quiver in the game and I can't use it, because stupid spec restrictions
    well what concerns me is "However, if you wish to apply an Artifact appearance to an Artifact, you must visit the Artifact Forge in your Class Hall, and your character is restricted to appearances that were earned on that character."

Also, the Balance if Power skins dont seem to be account wide either for some reason. Not hidden artifact either... Seems the system is broken and character bound, not account wide at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    well what concerns me is "However, if you wish to apply an Artifact appearance to an Artifact, you must visit the Artifact Forge in your Class Hall, and your character is restricted to appearances that were earned on that character."

Also, the Balance if Power skins dont seem to be account wide either for some reason. Not hidden artifact either... Seems the system is broken and character bound, not account wide at all.
    You're not understanding. You cannot xmog an artifact to an artifact. In 28 days, you will not be using an artifact. You will be using a normal weapon drop. You can then use those normal weapons, which will be forever going forward, into any artifact skin your main unlocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have some other random non-artifact weapon you can test it to see if the artifact appearances are available.

Deleted

Yes, transmogging an artifact to an artifact is not possible, so you are bound to the skins you have unlocked on that character. However, you can transmog every other weapon to every artifact skin you unlocked for that specific spec, regardless on which character you unlocked it. So your Horde demo warlock can use a skin unlocked by your Alliance demo warlock, etc.

I've opened a ticket with blizzard because I have an alliance rogue and horde, my horde rogue is boosted so he uses starter green weapons. But there are no artifacts for me to tmog, except the first base skin. Nor can I go to order hall and tmog it there becuase everything is locked. The responsive blizz gave me.... sorry we cant help you we cant do anything about mechanics like that.... wtf kind of sorry ass lame excuse is that?!