Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Before pre-patch he died in three hits... Now you actually have to pay attention to tactics again. Fucking jesus. How could they fuck this up so bad
    OMG!!

Content isn't trivial!!

What will be next? Will they stop handing out leggos for doing basically nothing? Will they require tanks to do 5 man or larger content? Will it start taking more than 5 minutes to get through a dungeon? The horror!!!!!

Seriously, what is the point of playing a game when things become so trivial?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    exactly this. People making fun of blizz for not patching this up earlier is pretty pathetic. Do you really think they just didn't see people's report for that bug? Of course they did, but that bug, was put at priority number 293102931029310283109238109238. They have shit ton of stuff to fix and look at during beta. Every 30 sec, there's a new bug being reported that is filed way higher in priority over the old world scaling. I'd rather have all the resources available working on important fix over old content farming. They gonna fix it, but it's nothing important.
    To who? To you? Right now one of the primary reasons people are playing right now is to farm transmog or mounts or whatever else while they wait for BfA. To people who are actively farming old content, it's important to them. Speak for yourself.

The scaling in general is extremely poorly tuned, I find myself struggling with some of the rare elite in Argus more than I did with the mage tower challenges. And that doesn't feel quite right.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Phew, I always wondered why people had a propblem with white knights but now I get it. You guys are completely abandoning logic and common sense.

If it was finished legacy raids would be considered working as intended
    False.

It's possible to release a finished product that has a few bugs/glitches. And tbh in a product of this size and complexity, it should be expected that quite a few bugs will exist in the final product.

I would agree with you if most legacy raids were still broken, but if it's just one boss, that's just a small bug.

Getting to
    4. It's a finished product, working as intended.
    requires quite some leap in logic.
    I agree here. It's still a finished product, but some things are not working as intended (which will be fixed shortly).

Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    Did few runs yesterday and really, it takes few seconds longer to kill him. Do not understand the buzz here.
    You must be new to these forums. A few seconds = END OF THE WORLD!!!!!! :P

Deleted
    OMG, it takes me 2 more globals! The sky has literally fallen!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I agree here. It's still a finished product, but some things are not working as intended (which will be fixed shortly).
    I disagree. Working as intended is by definition part of something being a finished product.

Regarding the first part of your post I might agree if this was a bug that occurred with the release but I repeat: Blizzard has known about this issue for months.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2018-07-19 at 12:55 PM.

Before pre-patch he died in three hits... Now you actually have to pay attention to tactics again. Fucking jesus. How could they fuck this up so bad
    Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    You can still completely solo old raids. Just because they are harder for the time being doesn't mean it is not a finished product. Also, Being a game that is in constant development with changes constantly happening, WoW is never really a finished product. Changes are made with every patch, tuning, mechanics, bugs, abilities, requirements and so on. It would be different if say, you could not even zone into old raids, or if bosses could not die, or loot never dropped. All things that worked before, that no longer work. That would be something I categorize as incomplete. A legacy raid, post squish, that takes a bit longer to clear, is not something that is incomplete.
    I never said nor implied that WoW is a finished product. I was specifically talking about this patch, as were you in the post I quoted. Also you ignored about 3/4 of my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    Which is unacceptable. We are supposed to grow stronger, not weaker. They can do with their numbers what they want but lorewise my character should not get weaker.
    Go easy on your character, he's obviously suffering from a flu or fever or some other malady. Once he starts to feel better it will all be good. In the meantime he needs to be tucked up in bed and kept warm.

Does that work ok for the lore of him not being as powerful as he was?

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Your sarcasm is unwarranted.

Firstly, just because some mobs are not scaling correctly doesn't mean that "Legacy content isn't scaling correctly". And telling them that without saying which mobs is completely useless information.

The most likely explanation for this horrendous blunder (/s) on their part is simply that no one told them about the Lich King during testing because people playing on Beta were more interested in trying the new content. Farming for ICC transmog or Invincible is pretty pointless on Beta, but obviously once this build made it to live the problem was quickly going to surface itself.

Also, this comic immediately sprung to mind:
    snip
    Yeah, I was in Beta. Others were too. There was extensive feedback regarding the scaling of Legacy content.
    People ran every raid.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    OMG!!

Content isn't trivial!!

What will be next? Will they stop handing out leggos for doing basically nothing? Will they require tanks to do 5 man or larger content? Will it start taking more than 5 minutes to get through a dungeon? The horror!!!!!

Seriously, what is the point of playing a game when things become so trivial?
    Yes, because it's a bad thing that 9+ year old content is trivial at 110.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I was in Beta. Others were too. There was extensive feedback regarding the scaling of Legacy content.
    People ran every raid.
    Scaling of legacy content isn't the problem being described. Scaling of the LK is. Unless there is a specific list that includes that the LK still isn't scaling correctly then sorry, but that feedback was irrelevant. Or maybe it was one in a list of hundreds and just got lost in the noise. Or maybe it was simply a low priority issue that they can put off until after release.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. Working as intended is by definition part of something being a finished product.
    You're welcome to disagree, but you're wrong *. If you're talking about a product with tens of thousands of elements, a few of them being buggy is to be expected. We're not talking about a toaster that cannot toast a slice of bread without burning it, we're talking about a single mob (out of thousands in the game), and a legacy mob at that.

Regarding the first part of your post I might agree if this was a bug that occurred with the release but I repeat: Blizzard has known about this issue for months.
    I am not convinced. I did a bit of searching. While I could find references to generic issues like "legacy scaling not working" I haven't seen any specific mentions of the Lich King being broken.

* edit: just to clarify, by "finished product" I mean in the context in which you were referring to it as in ready for release, not necessarily will no longer be worked on.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2018-07-19 at 01:25 PM.

Deleted
    I hate the fact that you can one shot old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the old raids would kinda scale to our level. It should still be soloable, but at least let you experience the mechanics.

Of course I would say the opposite if I was farming a drop for the millionth time.

takes forever on my tank alts.. but not too bad on my geared dps alts

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I wish the old raids would kinda scale to our level. It should still be soloable, but at least let you experience the mechanics.

Of course I would say the opposite if I was farming a drop for the millionth time.
    They do, it's called timewalking. Yes, but they've only done two timewalking raids so far, you say. Wanna know why that is? Because absolutely fucking nobody feels this way. Most people like being able to blitz through old content and get shit they weren't able to when it was current because they don't raid heroic / mythic.

How long is forever? I'm serious, not being a jerk, just wondering the actual time it takes to kill LK.

We had this problem last squish and they fixed it, so I imagine they will again it is just low on priority. If they didn't listen at all, all old content would be borked, but if it is only a few it could have something to do with a specific spell or mob themselves. They normally fix this stuff in a sweeping patch, but it isn't right away as it is going to be low priority over I don't know. The login issues, the community issues, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do, it's called timewalking. Yes, but they've only done two timewalking raids so far, you say. Wanna know why that is? Because absolutely fucking nobody feels this way. Most people like being able to blitz through old content and get shit they weren't able to when it was current because they don't raid heroic / mythic.
    I said soloable, and I also didn't mean have fights that last a few mins.

I also said my opinion would differ if I was farming drops.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-07-19 at 03:24 PM.

Deleted
    Well, they didn't really have enough time to prepare. People only told them from the first minute of Alpha that Legacy content wasn't scaling correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    So people telling them for 9 months isn't enough time? When should we have started telling them? Mists?
    There's nothing new. They always, always, ALWAYS ignore all warnings and fix suggestions. They've done it with EVERY single expansion up to date. They never admit their mistakes until they have been live for so long that there's no way they can explain them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    There are FUCK TON of ppl who ONLY do old content for transmog, they dont even do LFR
    During beta? OK.