Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    At this point they could have allied DKs start at lvl 20 in the DK lvl 55 zone he wouldnt have access to talents for a long while BUT the entire DK starting experience can be executed now with zone scaling regardless of your lvl.

you would start at lvl 20 in Acherus and begin your starting zone quests unlocking DK lore things etc and the whole zone would scale down to you like it currently does for all of Vanilla now. and once your finished the DK starting Zone instead of going right into Wrath/TBC content you will just continue on the normal leveling path from 20-60 like everyone else.

right now lvls 20s can quest and do dungeons with anyone else lvl 20-59 so they old issue of "DKs start at 55" would no longer be an issue the level you start at is technically irrelevant now. Zanalari/Dark Iron Dks start at 20 and everyother version of DK start at 55 with zone scaling both can exist questing together and progressing together.

Hero classes(DKs/DHs) are tied to a historical event, while Monks are not.

Their origins being not originally Horde or Alliance is the restriction. Unless that's not clear, when you make a Death Knight or a Demon Hunter, you're apart of the Scourge or Illidari and then join the Horde or Alliance. To add more races to either class, would mean a whole different starting experience from the races that can already play those classes.

Imo, now that Order Halls have been established, there should be new races joining classes they've never been before. But then comes the game complication of where do you start them out? It would be really weird to have them all be level 1 and do stuff in the past(but i guess they already have that for Allied races at lvl 20). Putting them at level 110 would honestly make the most sense, but that's not profitable for Blizzard or fair to other classes. But that's where i think they would make the most sense. I personally would play a female Nightborne Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Varamar View Post
    I think we can just neglect the start level, at most do that allied race dk and dh will not receive heritatge set due to being heroic classes.
    I think this would be perfectly acceptable since you could simply level another class using the same allied race to unlock the heritage set on your DK. Although I might be biased here since I don't personally mind leveling.

Alternatively, they could try to add additional steps for allied race hero classes. Basically, other than levelling to max, you'd have to complete something on top of that to unlock heritage gear with your hero class, be it completing the first raid tier in Normal or higher, or simply unlocking BFA Pathfinder (just Part 1 would suffice I think).

The death knights we play as today were raised by Arthas. It's pretty clear that Bolvar has a role to play eventually and may start creating new ones. When the lore reaches this point, I believe new races will be able to be DKs.
    Last edited by ksaf; 2018-07-19 at 03:49 PM.

I really feel like game developers should stop wasting all their artists hard work and take advantage of the fact that in a game world things are pretty flexible unlike real life where we don't get to program our lives into perfection. Just retcon EVERYTHING and let every race play every class. BAM, happier customers(and the customer IS always right). I think if we're being honest with ourselves the artists of a video game have it way more difficult than the people balancing numbers, which is why I like there being a difficulty level(with appropriate stat rewards) for everyone so that everybody gets to see the content while still being able to accept higher challenge/higher reward. It's very simple to plug in number values into a computer; it's not as simple to come up with unique story and artwork.
    Last edited by patrik9321; 2018-07-19 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksaf View Post
    The death knights we play as today were raised by Arthas. It's pretty clear that Bolvar has a role to play eventually and may start creating new ones. When the lore reach this point, I believe new races will be able to be DKs.
    The Deathlord and the Horseman also have the ability to make new DK. I feel like this will play a role in the future.