Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Hit the nail on the head here.

Why can I switch between 6 max level characters with 3 specs on each one and EVERY SINGLE SPEC(within their role tank/dps/heal) has all the exact same fucking keybinds.

1 Builder, 2 Spender, 3 Interupt, 4 AoE, 5 Stun, 6 Movement Ability, etc etc.

For me - Legion was the first expansion where I couldn't stay on one character. It was also the first expansion where I levelled more than 2-3 chars to max.

Because everything is "just okay". Barely good enough to hold your attention for a month or two.

The sad reality is they're even more boring in BfA. Zero progression.
    Now I'm starting to get why people don't like you here. Painfull truths are hard to swallow. And the painfull truth is that we don't have 36 specs. We don't even have ten.

While we are talking about Ion and the inevitable blatant spin, something I remembered:

Their announcement that "you no longer need to buy battle chest to play everything apart from the latest expansion, just pay for a sub" is a nerf despite pretending to be a buff. With battle chest you were paying $15 for everything apart from the latest expansion plus character boost and this was getting you a free month of sub as a courtesy. After the change you are paying $15 for a month of sub and are getting the above minus character boost.

I chuckled when I read those newspieces with cheerful yells like "no need to pay extra! just subscribe! all included!! what a great move from Blizzard!" the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    I find it hard to believe they can't allow you to (f.e.) transmog only to your mainhand artifact without it requiring the offhand as well. Every artifact main and offhand is a seperate item.

Additionally, we are gonna allow you to mog staves to daggers, but god forbid we allow you to mog to Strom'kar as Fury and Light's Wrath as Holy. That's where we draw the moral line.
    It's possible, also, that the artifacts are programatically one item (for animation reasons maybe?), which is why it would make sense (to me, anyway) that they're allowing you to mog staves -> daggers. This is artifact appearance only though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    It's possible, also, that the artifacts are programatically one item (for animation reasons maybe?), which is why it would make sense (to me, anyway) that they're allowing you to mog staves -> daggers. This is artifact appearance only though, right?
    It's likely something mundane like having one variable hold some flag / value where separate items would need two different flags or some convention that needs altering.

If all the specs are the same, then why are people swapping to FOTM classes or crying about Shamans and Spriests? Can't they just pick another class that's the same as them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    Yeah it's artifact appearances only.

The thing is they aren't programatically one item though. Fury MH is called Odyn's Fury and OH is Helya's Wrath. MH Enhancement is Doomhammer and OH is Fury of the Stonemother.
    Animations could be a reason though. Think Stormkeeper animation, but that's a talent now. Most animations were for artifact abilities only, and those either got removed or added as talents.
    Even then, you can currently mog one piece of your artifact and keep the other as is without causing animation issues (well, besides the clipping at times)

Idk, I genuinely seems to be a control policy thing for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Their announcement that "you no longer need to buy battle chest to play everything apart from the latest expansion, just pay for a sub" is a nerf despite pretending to be a buff. With battle chest you were paying $15 for everything apart from the latest expansion plus character boost and this was getting you a free month of sub as a courtesy. After the change you are paying $15 for a month of sub and are getting the above minus character boost.
    I don't think the Battle Chest included any character boost, since you basically didn't buy any expansions, you just got all those expansions unlocked that everyone got anyway. They basically just simplified the process by removing an unnecessary product, but didn't really change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I don't think the Battle Chest included any character boost, since you basically didn't buy any expansions, you just got all those expansions unlocked that everyone got anyway. They basically just simplified the process, but didn't really change it.
    It did. Ie, with the last battle chest you were getting everything up to and including WoD + boost to 100.

PS: Damn, or am I misremembering?
    Last edited by rda; 2018-07-19 at 03:05 PM.

It did. Ie, with the last battle chest you were getting everything up to and including WoD + boost to 100.
    WoD never included a lvl 100 boost, that was for pre-ordering and later purchasing Legion, just like you got a 110 now for pre-ordering BfA.
    WoD originally had a lvl 90 boost, but the battle chest did definitely not have that.

Admittedly the last time i looked at the battle chest was shortly before legion when it was updated to include WoD, and back then it was just like described - it contained all expansions up to WoD and no char boosts. If you then purchased Legion on top of the Battle Chest, you got a lvl 100 boost like everyone else.

I doubt they would have added a char boost to the Battle Chest during Legion, since people would just be buying Legion anyway and get the boost from there.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2018-07-19 at 03:05 PM.

Maybe you are right, maybe I am misremembering. Apologies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Now I'm starting to get why people don't like you here. Painfull truths are hard to swallow. And the painfull truth is that we don't have 36 specs. We don't even have ten.
    No, it's because the person says all things are so bad, why bother posting if it's that frustrating.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I don't think anyone would disagree
    Ouch. If the Shaggy Parrot thinks this is the case, it must be the case.

Maybe you are right, maybe I am misremembering. Apologies.
    You are, battle chest never had boost.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    If all the specs are the same, then why are people swapping to FOTM classes or crying about Shamans and Spriests? Can't they just pick another class that's the same as them?
    Lmao this is so true. When people become reductive, everything becomes the same. There's more variation between specs now than there was prior to Legion.

I remember the days when people used to tell Warlock players who like playing burst style "Just spec Destro it's like an Arcane Mage which is bursty" and now Destro actually has it's 2 cleave identity whereas Arcane is all about managing Mana for the right moments (as it's always been).

Both do burst dmg sure but mechanically in different ways.

Just like Afflic can now be bursty with Deathbolt! Love that talent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    But if scarecrowz said it it'd just be biased hyperbole amiright?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    His post had something like 500+ up-votes and a heap of replies too once people realized it was Methods Shaman. Then it was promptly deleted.

If the people at the "top" are fed up then what hope do we have?

Can we go two for two Q&As where they admit their failure? Or will they just downplay/ignore it all?
    Bro, you know damn well they'll anwser questions that everyone who has even been slightly keeping themselves up to date knows.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I mean it was, the realms came up in like 5 hours (about 4 hours before they said it would take) but it still took 8+ hours from then to get the servers stable enough to a reasonable fashion.

It was so buggy though that I didn't want to do any instanced group content because of the unreliability of staying online. But the fact they disabled the Communities feature might be that probably that was the major cause of all the issues occurring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Lmao this is so true. When people become reductive, everything becomes the same. There's more variation between specs now than there was prior to Legion.
    Except there isn't. I completed the Mage Tower on all 36 specs, every one of them played exactly like at least one or two others.

It isn't true, and Ebaumdumpster is up there among the most toxic white knights Blizz has on this forum so it's no suprise he's just spouting nonsense after coming back from his ban.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yes, in communities reputations build over time. Is that weird now?
    No, just enjoying the irony.

Except there isn't. I completed the Mage Tower on all 36 specs, every one of them played exactly like at least one or two others.

It isn't true, and Ebaumdumpster is up there among the most toxic white knights Blizz has on this forum so it's no suprise he's just spouting nonsense after coming back from his ban.
    Unfortunately your feelings on the matter don't amount to dick.

- - - Updated - - -

No, just enjoying the irony.
    A dead clock is right twice a day. If you complain and bitch about literally everything, you are bound to be right on occasion. Nothing is perfect.