Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Dryad life-cycle might also be bound to the person it imprints on, as Taryndrella seems to have imprinted on Aramar Thorne upon being born from her seedling - since Aramar is a Human with a relatively short life-cycle it may be that Taryndrella will also age quicker than if she were bound to a Night Elf or other longer-lived being.
    That's possible too, hopefully the next book will shed some light on this.

Haven't read the second book. Any other interesting lore tidbits?

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Haven't read the second book. Any other interesting lore tidbits?
    Yes, check page 2 and 4, most of it was posted there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Yes, check page 2 and 4, most of it was posted there.
    I mean outside of what I posted and the dryad lore. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I mean outside of what I posted and the dryad lore. Lol.
    There's a ton of minor stuff really, you should get the book and support it. It's nice.

Anyone have information on when the next book is coming out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Anyone have information on when the next book is coming out?
    Nothing has been announced to my knowledge. Nothing on Blizzard's nor Weisman's sites about the third in the series, although with "The Spiral Path" having been written earlier this year it probably won't be until next year at the earliest.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Nothing has been announced to my knowledge. Nothing on Blizzard's nor Weisman's sites about the third in the series, although with "The Spiral Path" having been written earlier this year it probably won't be until next year at the earliest.
    Fair enough. Honestly I hope they cover more races in the next book. Ogres, gnolls and quilboar surprisingly got a lot of depth so it would be nice to see some more races covered. I really hope later down the line they eventually make it the Eastern Kingdoms or Pandaria, I am actually pretty curious about Quel'thalas and more info on Stormwind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Fair enough. Honestly I hope they cover more races in the next book. Ogres, gnolls and quilboar surprisingly got a lot of depth so it would be nice to see some more races covered. I really hope later down the line they eventually make it the Eastern Kingdoms or Pandaria, I am actually pretty curious about Quel'thalas and more info on Stormwind.
    I would imagine Outland is very definitely in the future (given the outcome of the last book). I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the Eastern Kingdoms as well - although they probably won't go too far afield. "Traveler" feels a lot like a travelogue for the earliest portions of the game, where many players would probably fly through to get to the end game, but there's a huge amount of ground to cover still.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought these Traveler books were like young adult books? Are they like the old WoW RPG books or something?

To be honest I been hoping Blizzard would make their own official Chronicle book on race cultures and traditions because I love that stuff.

I love learning about the stuff in WoW we don't see like Gnolls, how they eat, sleep, their way of life. Night Elf culture, their traditions, and diets a more in depth view of the world... That stuff fascinates me more than the history :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-07-19 at 03:46 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I thought these Traveler books were like young adult books? Are they like the old WoW RPG books or something?

To be honest I been hoping Blizzard would make their own official Chronicle book on race cultures and traditions because I love that stuff.

I love learning about the stuff in WoW we don't see like Gnolls how they eat sleep, they way of life. Night Elf culture their traditions and diets a more in depth view of the world...
    Nope, they are books for 8-12 I'd say. Standard fantasy fiction, though these books here have done a much, much better job at fleshing out the world of Azeroth, it's races, magic and such than any of the other books in the franchise.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I think the first one was released in 2016, so they're not that old and are more or less canon. If you want to learn about the culture of more bestial races with some interesting facts about tauren, night elves, humans and trolls along the way I would definitely recommend picking the first book up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the first one was released in 2016, so they're not that old and are more or less canon. If you want to learn about the culture of more bestial races with some interesting facts about tauren, night elves, humans and trolls along the way I would definitely recommend picking the first book up.
    Think I will, just for the added lore, thanks

I would imagine Outland is very definitely in the future (given the outcome of the last book). I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the Eastern Kingdoms as well - although they probably won't go too far afield. "Traveler" feels a lot like a travelogue for the earliest portions of the game, where many players would probably fly through to get to the end game, but there's a huge amount of ground to cover still.
    Outland would be nice. In WoD we get to see what Draenor looked like before the Horde and what Argus looked like but aside from jed'hin I don't think we ever get a greater insight into unique cultural traits of draenei. Outside of their government and organizations, I've always felt that draenei fell flat culturally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans are known to live in Stranglethorn. This seems to be where they get their black skintones, as well as African-styled names. They have their own deep-rooted traditions and customs, and suffered the assault of the Horde during the First War just like Stormwind. Most seem to live in or around Booty Bay these days. It's Stranglethorn tradition to remove the wounding items (such as arrows) from a deceased friend, "For how could a soul rest if he must carry the cause of his death with him forever?" Also, for all humans, ogres tend to prefer eating you alive since you're fresher, but if they had to cook you, they'd keep the blood inside your carcass for more flavor.
    I actually just saw this and was really happy this was explained, I am glad that there is actual reason black humans exist and were not just added for diversity sake... And living in Stranglethorn seems to be a good choice, being so close to Stormwind so it's likely Stormwinds populace isn't just all white people.

Does it go into more detail about the more dark skinned humans of Stranglethorn?

I actually just saw this and was really happy this was explained, I am glad that there is actual reason black humans exist and were not just added for diversity sake... And living in Stranglethorn seems to be a good choice, being so close to Stormwind so it's likely Stormwinds populace isn't just all white people.

Does it go into more detail about the more dark skinned humans of Stranglethorn?
    Not a whole lot, no, but on Wowpedia it states that Booty Bay was once the sight of a human settlement that was overrun by trolls, so that might be an indication of native Stranglethorn humans.

Makasa (the main female protagonist) is from Stranglethorn, so is her mother, Marjani and her brothers Adashe, Akashinga and Amahle. She also referenced having ancestors in Stromgarde, but this might just indicate a smaller or mixed ancestry.

Honestly, I always thought it would make sense for Stormwindians to be the swarthiest of the kingdoms being so close to the tropics.