The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So

Russia didn't do it, they said it and I believe it.

to

I believe our intelligence guys, and they said Russia did it. Maybe. Probably. Could have been anyone.

to

Putin is personally responsible.

The first two have happened repeatedly, but I think this is the first time he's ever actually said that Putin is responsible. Not that it matters, because he'll reverse course within a week.

But damn, Trump really is too scared to confront foreign leaders to their face. He's happy to snipe at them on Twitter or interviews from home, but the second he see's them in person he seems far less confrontational.
    And he backed off that a little by clarifying that Putin is responsible because he leads Russia, and is responsible for everything that happens. I.e. not personally responsible.

5+ Year Old Account
    Guys guys...I was banned on r/the_donald today! To be honest it was a shitpost, but it was like a rite of passage.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodstripes View Post
    Guys guys...I was banned on r/the_donald today! To be honest it was a shitpost, but it was like a rite of passage.
    I've been banned for like 6 months funny how all of the conservative reddits are safe spaces. They spend 90% of there time bitching about safe spaces.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I've been banned for like 6 months funny how all of the conservative reddits are safe spaces. They spend 90% of there time bitching about safe spaces.
    The thing is, you thought they were bitching about safe spaces, but instead they were bitching about not having the same safe spaces!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Yeah and apparently denying the holocaust is ok on Facebook now. Its a great time to be a bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodstripes View Post
    Yeah and apparently denying the holocaust is ok on Facebook now. Its a great time to be a bigot.
    Well, when you have the Pied Piper of Bigots as POTUS, the rats will come out in droves.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.05a379eed7c1

And there go the days of the POTUS not commenting on Fed actions in an effort to ensure their independence.

“Now I’m just saying the same thing that I would have said as a private citizen,” Trump said, according to CNBC. “So somebody would say, ‘Oh, maybe you shouldn’t say that as president. I couldn’t care less what they say, because my views haven’t changed.
    Except he's no longer a private citizen, and should not be behaving as one. At least he's open about the fact that he gives no fucks about tradition. Good thing he's the head of the party that obsesses over tradition.

- - - Updated - - -

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-admi...-128ddf67348f/

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is considering a plan that would drastically and unilaterally restrict legal immigration to only the wealthiest and most privileged applicants.

An archaic federal immigration provision called the “public charge” test is currently being drafted by the Trump administration. Immigrants coming to the United States would generally fail this new rewritten test if they had a medical condition and no source of subsidized health insurance.

The test also places a premium on an applicant’s income and assets. Applicants must make at least 250 percent of the federal poverty guidelines, which, in 2018, means $30,350 for a one-person household and $62,750 for a four-person household. By comparison, the average American working full-time typically makes around $51,640 for men and $41,554 for women.

According to a new report from the Center For American Progress, if every American citizen were forced to take the Trump administration’s test, more than 100 million people — roughly one-third of the U.S. population — would fail. The report also estimates that at least half of all people in the country could fail the test over a period of several years, when factoring in possible economic downturns, job insecurity, health problems, or other factors. (ThinkProgress is an editorially independent newsroom housed within the Center for American Progress.)
    In context, it's hard not to see this as a transparently racist attempt to keep non-white immigrants, who are less likely to have subsidized health insurance or meet the income requirements, out.

Just another effort on the part of this racist administration to "make america white again".

10+ Year Old Account
    https://thinkprogress.org/trump-admi...-128ddf67348f/

In context, it's hard not to see this as a transparently racist attempt to keep non-white immigrants, who are less likely to have subsidized health insurance or meet the income requirements, out.

Just another effort on the part of this racist administration to "make america white again".
    I SuPpOrT LeGaL ImMiGrAtIoN.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8450531.html

So apparently a Trump supporter called into Cspan to thank Russia for helping Trump win. Some of them aren't even hiding it anymore I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/19/175863...ce-republicans

And unsurprisingly, Republicans are swallowing the lies and propaganda from Trump and conservative media and largely don't believe the fact that Russia interfered in elections. Fucking pathetic and disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Trump wants Putin to visit in the Fall. Great way to sabotage his party's midterms.

Voters have short attention spans. There's nothing like reminding them about his love for Russia over the US right before the election. Did he forget about all those special elections that he helped to lose?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Lol Trump wants Putin to visit in the Fall. Great way to sabotage his party's midterms.

Voters have short attention spans. There's nothing like reminding them about his love for Russia over the US right before the election. Did he forget about all those special elections that he helped to lose?
    This is rampant NPD at its finest. Overconfidence leading to their self-destruction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not that i'm asking for it, because it would just martyr the man child, but how the fuck has he not been shot yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Not that i'm asking for it, because it would just martyr the man child, but how the fuck has he not been shot yet?
    Thankfully, the Secret Service are very good at what they do.

7+ Year Old Account
    with the way he treats them, surprised they do not turn a blind eye.

And the craziest nutters that would pull such a stunt are on his side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I SuPpOrT LeGaL ImMiGrAtIoN.
    The problems in America are all caused by the dEeP sTaTe!!!1!111!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    And the craziest nutters that would pull such a stunt are on his side.
    Seriously. That event would be extremely dangerous for the nation. It would take all the crap that's happened now and ratchet the chaos up exponentially. I'm sure Pence would use it to clamp down on the country. Martial law, fascism, thoughtpolice, and other terrifying circumstances. I bet that could be in Putin's playbook.

Pence would be just as bad.

Abortion would be gone, he'd make it illegal to be gay while secretly taking all kind of dick himself, And woman wouldnt be allowed to drive cars

All because of thousands of years old scripture some dude wrote out in the desert when tripping on magic mushrooms

So the Orange Moron wants to invite Putin to the US for another summit.

I say YES! Please do this! This is something I support.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...of-legal-teams

Welp, the special master determined 1400 of the roughly 4000 documents that Cohen's lawyers said were privileged aren't actually privileged. That's gotta sting.

- - - Updated - - -

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...permanent.html

“[During a Wednesday meeting], Trump Administration officials made a startling confession—they had no interagency plan in place to reunite children with their parents when Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced President Trump’s ‘zero tolerance’ policy in April,” the trio of Congressman announced on Thursday. “Even if they believed their new policy was the right one, how could they have been so heartless not to have planned to reunite these children with their parents?”

This is a question that should haunt this country for years: Did our government plan to make effective orphans of thousands of children who came here with loving parents?

Again, the plain answer seems to be: “Yes.”

Here’s what happened when the Democratic Congressmen raised the issue with Commander Jonathan White, the Deputy Director for Children Services, Administration for Children and Families at the Office of Refugee Resettlement.

[W]hen asked whether a reunification plan was in place on April 6, 2018, Commander White answered: “There was not at that time a specialized plan.” Commander White acknowledged that the Trump Administration began more detailed planning for reunifications only when forced to do so by court order.
    The Trump administration and appointed officials literally kidnapped these children without any intention of reuniting them with their parents. There doesn't seem to be any way to spin it. This is authoritarian, racist bullshit.