View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...an-latest-odds

Leaving without any deal would mean an immediate Brexit, without the 21-month transition period agreed upon with Brussels.

The House of Lords reported this will also mean forfeiting the £39 billion bill the UK will have to pay the EU.

The people who would have to write the cheque disagree, if they won't write it, what then?
    Wait...if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the House of Lords hold little actual power? And what they say doesn't change international law and any agreements signed by the UK.

If you don't write it? I imagine the EU has a variety of trade/economic tools they can use to punish the UK for failing to hold up their obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    In Spanish and English the moon is female. In German it's male while our sun is female. We just live with it and hope nobody asks why... /shrug
    Luna from Roman empire days I'd say for Spanish/English.

Mani Norse moon god for German?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait...if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the House of Lords hold little actual power? And what they say doesn't change international law and any agreements signed by the UK.

If you don't write it? I imagine the EU has a variety of trade/economic tools they can use to punish the UK for failing to hold up their obligations.
    Them not being credit or investment Worthy is enough and that will happen if others believe they can challenge the EU.

The EU will be annoyed, but if there is no deal we don't owe any money so won't be paying them any.
    Probably not. But I don't think anyone would lose hair over that. They'd worry far more about Northern Ireland and keeping the EU border intact.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    English is probably the only Germanic language that doesn't use gender as much as others. Hence it is so easy for others to learn.

https://www.ft.com/content/72252768-...9-4b5ddcca99b3

Sorry to say, but Britain will owe EU regardless. You don't just get to skip out on payments because you don't want to make them.
    Hey, if the madmen are in charge, who knows what's to happen. They might just stop payments and what would we do to force them? Exactly, there's nothing we could do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Luna from Roman empire days I'd say for Spanish/English.

Mani Norse moon god for German?
    No idea man, could be. It's interesting nonetheless.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account

Well it was parliament who asked the lords for their interpretation of the UK position, there is no higher the UK can go other than the ECJ which in a no deal would not be recognised.

If you want to read the position of someone close to the ERG and Rees-Mogg and therefore pretty much the current UK government position John Redwood MP has a diary here.

http://johnredwoodsdiary.com/2018/07...-its-language/

And he particularly states :- “Crash out” are the words often used by Remain to describe leaving without paying the EU £39bn for the privilege of leaving. As we do not owe them any money, most people would call that just leaving, not crashing out. We will not crash, and will have lots more cash."
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

"not owe money" is a wrong statement. You don't owe in the sense that nobody borrowed you any money. But then, you never owed in that sense. What the UK did was commit money for a budget. That's the money you owe.

Of course, dimwits and peabrains never understood that and dozed off as soon as they heard "budget" (still awake Dribs?), so to hammer it into their puny brains, someone started acting as if it was a loan. No, it never was. It's an obligation the UK entered voluntarily, money that is already spent or being spent or going to be spent, aka is in budget plans that involve private companies and thus requires a certain reliability, because actions are already taken for things happening 1-2 years down the road.

So, pay, don't pay... I don't care. But don't pretend you don't owe it. Yes, you do. And what your dipshit amateur clownfest of Brexit politicians say has really just about the significance of... ah... yes, my last fart. That was a good one, too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    "not owe money" is a wrong statement. You don't owe in the sense that nobody borrowed you any money. But then, you never owed in that sense. What the UK did was commit money for a budget. That's the money you owe.

Of course, dimwits and peabrains never understood that and dozed off as soon as they heard "budget" (still awake Dribs?), so to hammer it into their puny brains, someone started acting as if it was a loan. No, it never was. It's an obligation the UK entered voluntarily, money that is already spent or being spent or going to be spent, aka is in budget plans that involve private companies and thus requires a certain reliability, because actions are already taken for things happening 1-2 years down the road.

So, pay, don't pay... I don't care. But don't pretend you don't owe it. Yes, you do. And what your dipshit amateur clownfest of Brexit politicians say has really just about the significance of... ah... yes, my last fart. That was a good one, too.
    LOL have you read John redwoods Bio? http://johnredwoodsdiary.com/about-john-redwood/

As you are calling him a bit dim presumably your esteemed one is available online for us all to read. Care to share such aplomb with us?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Well it was parliament who asked the lords for their interpretation of the UK position, there is no higher the UK can go other than the ECJ which in a no deal would not be recognised.

If you want to read the position of someone close to the ERG and Rees-Mogg and therefore pretty much the current UK government position John Redwood MP has a diary here.

http://johnredwoodsdiary.com/2018/07...-its-language/

And he particularly states :- “Crash out” are the words often used by Remain to describe leaving without paying the EU £39bn for the privilege of leaving. As we do not owe them any money, most people would call that just leaving, not crashing out. We will not crash, and will have lots more cash."
    Tell you what, the next time you sign up to a mobile phone contract and agree to pay £40 a month for two years, why don't you just stop paying after a month and tell them that you've decided that you don't owe them any money. Because that's basically what you are suggesting we can do in this scenario. That we can ignore the planned budgets that we signed up to and agreed to contribute to, and simply walk away.

No doubt you also believe that we would then immediately have countries all over the world queueing up to do business with us. Despite the fact that we clearly can't be trusted with our fiduciary responsibilities.

Yes folks. It's more of Dribbles fanciful notions again. Up is down. Black is white. Acting in an untrustworthy way makes you magically trustworthy to everyone. Welcome to the land of the dancing unicorns.

Brexit would be leaving me with a permanent grimace on my face if it wasn't for you giving me so many laughs. It's like our own little one person Muppet show.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL have you read John redwoods Bio? http://johnredwoodsdiary.com/about-john-redwood/

As you are calling him a bit dim presumably your esteemed one is available online for us all to read. Care to share such aplomb with us?
    Oh, he's a thatcherite. That makes him a professional career clownfest.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Tell you what, the next time you sign up to a mobile phone contract and agree to pay £40 a month for two years, why don't you just stop paying after a month and tell them that you've decided that you don't owe them any money. Because that's basically what you are suggesting we can do in this scenario. That we can ignore the planned budgets that we signed up to and agreed to contribute to, and simply walk away.

No doubt you also believe that we would then immediately have countries all over the world queueing up to do business with us. Despite the fact that we clearly can't be trusted with our fiduciary responsibilities.

Yes folks. It's more of Dribbles fanciful notions again. Up is down. Black is white. Acting in an untrustworthy way makes you magically trustworthy to everyone. Welcome to the land of the dancing unicorns.

Brexit would be leaving me with a permanent grimace on my face if it wasn't for you giving me so many laughs. It's like our own little one person Muppet show.
    People of means never sign up to a £40 a month mobile phone contract for two years. That's only for the real muppets who can't afford to buy the handset outright :P You weren't citing your own circumstances were you?

https://www.ft.com/content/72252768-...9-4b5ddcca99b3

Sorry to say, but Britain will owe EU regardless. You don't just get to skip out on payments because you don't want to make them.
    That is talking about a trade deal (not a deal on the withdrawal bill) and is dependent on the treaty regarding the withdrawal bill being passed into law. There are many conflicting opinions among experts as to whether the UK would have to pay a settlement following no agreement being reached, some say that the UK has to pay regardless, others believe that it would not and others still say that it would need to tested in court.

Personally I don't know enough to say one way or another who is correct.

Although in my opinion the legality of whether the bill needs to be paid is irrelevant as, barring a massive a fallout between the UK and EU, it will be paid anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    People of means never sign up to a £40 a month mobile phone contract for two years. That's only for the real muppets who can't afford to buy the handset outright :P You weren't citing your own circumstances were you?
    Hands up, who's surprised dribbles missed the point?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The only hand going up is Dribbles. And that's because he's missed the point of this post too.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    What do you expect? I bring the worlds best professors to the debate who actually have a hand in the outcome of Brexit and am countered by the example of a chav that can't afford his next £40 monthly payment for the latest mobile phone. Dunno why I bother really....

In a probably vain attempt to show how Brexit is good for everyone, even the poor people, here is how Jacob explains today why they can't afford that phone because of the EU and why afterwards it will be a bit a little easier.

"The EU is putting up the cost of living for the people who are least well off in this country. Taking back control means we can change that!

"It’s no good to say you want people to have a better standard of living without a practical way of doing that. The EU is lowering the standard of living for my constituents."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/99...rs-Brexit-News

So that is the mobile sorted, just a shame the EU are going to force google to charge , hitting the poorest worst again, EU customers for access to the play store and android.

Still even that won't apply to the UK once we are out.

No wonder so many of the working class support Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    If you have to quote John Redwood, the Nosferatu of British politics, you know you have lost the argument. That muppet has been an irrelevance since the mid-90s.
    Or the express and the daily mail, for that matter

What do you expect? I bring the worlds best professors to the debate who actually have a hand in the outcome of Brexit and am countered by the example of a chav that can't afford his next £40 monthly payment for the latest mobile phone. Dunno why I bother really....

In a probably vain attempt to show how Brexit is good for everyone, even the poor people, here is how Jacob explains today why they can't afford that phone because of the EU and why afterwards it will be a bit a little easier.

"The EU is putting up the cost of living for the people who are least well off in this country. Taking back control means we can change that!

"It’s no good to say you want people to have a better standard of living without a practical way of doing that. The EU is lowering the standard of living for my constituents."

So that is the mobile sorted, just a shame the EU are going to force google to charge , hitting the poorest worst again, EU customers for access to the play store and android.

Wow, you really grabbed hold of that mobile phone analogy like a child with a rattle, didn't you? And then used it to fire an "insult" off at me, that I'm apparently a chav because I mention the possibility of getting a mobile phone on a contract. That, of course, says more about your persona than it does about me, but that's the whole point of the show you put on here, isn't it?

Then choosing to use the thoughts of a man who gives every indication of not just wanting to live in the 1800s, but actually believing that he already does. The Tories? Looking out for the least well off? In the way that they have for the last 8 years you mean? Pathetic.

The working class support Brexit because they've been fed lies about what it does for decades, from lying scumbags like Boris. The papers, owned by billionaires that register abroad to avoid paying tax, telling them that their lives would be so much better if they just threw off their evil EU overlords. Even with all that, the "majority" for Brexit has probably already gone, with enough of the old having already popped their clogs. Just need the whole process to collapse enough to force that second referendum, and you will have to figure out a new way to try and wind up the forum. I wonder what it will be....will you pretend to be a white supremacist maybe?

15+ Year Old Account
    What do you expect?
    From you? Not too much actually. Kind of was also in that post you've quoted, so I guess huehue was right, you missed that one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Don't need to read his bio to know the guy is a moron. Just need to learn how he failed as Welsh secretary to learn the anthem of wales

https://youtu.be/GzBq0n8dxFQ

- - - Updated - - -

And the express again quoting a person that likely doesn't know how to turn on his own washing machine. Yeah the epitome of truth there /s