Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bixster View Post
    Just talked with a GM aswell. He said they are treating it as a bug atm. Still a possible 8.0 change, because its not the first time GMs get informations last
    What i don’t understand is that if it’s a bug, how the heck did it happen?

A lot was changed in 8.0 but quest data was pretty much untouched, especially stuff like awarded reputation for two completely outdated reputations... (The only thing they ever did was gate certain quests back in Vanilla IIRC)

Quote Originally Posted by Bixster View Post
    Just talked with a GM aswell. He said they are treating it as a bug atm. Still a possible 8.0 change, because its not the first time GMs get informations last
    I've seen GM's wrong so many times, I would not believe what 1 GM said at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levaustian View Post
    Dang, I hope they add exalted for everyone that finished the quest chain :|
    yeah :/ why did i do Loremaster fuk me

Small correction to the quests for the Centaur rep. You must also complete Pulling Weeds from Botanist Ferrah. Pulling Weeds is a pre-req for Taking Part.

And I am glad I did Loremaster way back when and was too lazy to redo the refurbished zones on my main after Cataclysm. Sometimes being lazy pays off!

I was able to loot Mauradine Prisioner Manifest even though I didn't had ANY quest available to me before that part of the chain... after that I was able to get exalted.

So maybe there's hope after all?

Yeah, I did the centaur quests probably 10+ years ago on my main character with all the other reps at exalted. So now I'm basically screwed, unfortunately, as you need 100 reps on a single character for the achievement, it isn't account-wide. Verified via my wowhead profile that the quest was completed on that character.

Hopefully Blizzard either reverts rep on everybody or resets completion for those specific quests for people like me, long-standing players, getting hit by that.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2018-07-19 at 06:03 PM.

Wow. I did the entire Desolace quest chain before the patch and now they add the exalted reputations? What a pile of bull shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yeah, I did the centaur quests probably 10+ years ago on my main character with all the other reps at exalted. So now I'm basically screwed, unfortunately, as you need 100 reps on a single character for the achievement, it isn't account-wide. Verified via my wowhead profile that the quest was completed on that character.

Hopefully Blizzard either reverts rep on everybody or resets completion for those specific quests for people like me, long-standing players, getting hit by that.
    I had the Gelkis and Magram reps from doing the questlines before Cataclysm. I hadn't touched Desolace and was able to complete this questline to get the exalted reps.

@Cataru: When you looked in wowhead for the quests, did they show as completed for that character? If so, maybe they did reset them after all, and the live quests have new IDs!

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I've seen GM's wrong so many times, I would not believe what 1 GM said at all.
    When did your hunter pet solo nafarian? ~ GM 2004
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

@Cataru: When you looked in wowhead for the quests, did they show as completed for that character? If so, maybe they did reset them after all, and the live quests have new IDs!
    I didn't look. But when the Cataclysm happened almost all quests received new IDs. If you did Desolace in Vanilla or BC but never went back after Cata, the quests are probably available to you again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I guess using the word exploit was a bit wrong. But its not intended. If it was then everyone that had already done the quest would have got the rep as they logged on and there has been a lot of people asking gm's about this already. As seen here https://imgur.com/a/Mnzxj1e

Not saying that anyone will be banned for it. Just saying it would have been fun if they did. The drama that would ensue after. (i would also get banned since i did the quest today)
    Ah I gotcha. Was gonna say, even if it was a mistake it's something a lot of people could accidentally do without even knowing about it
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I'm screwed....

When I heart about Teldrassil being destroied, I quested through all the night elf zones as some kind of memorial. This includes Desolace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataru View Post
    I didn't look. But when the Cataclysm happened almost all quests received new IDs. If you did Desolace in Vanilla or BC but never went back after Cata, the quests are probably available to you again.
    I honestly don't remember when I did them, but the quest IDs on wowhead right now show as completed so my assumption is I'm screwed and did it after Cataclysm.

Blizzard should either rollback everybody's centaur rep or change the quest IDs so we can do them again.

I honestly don't remember when I did them, but the quest IDs on wowhead right now show as completed so my assumption is I'm screwed and did it after Cataclysm.

Blizzard should either rollback everybody's centaur rep or change the quest IDs so we can do them again.
    I think so. They either need to remove the reps from everyone, or give everyone who has completed the final quest both exalted reps. I prefer the latter obviously but having some players able to get it and others not is unfair.

Players who can't do it now (as they completed previously) should put in a ticket in my opinion. maybe GM could mark the last quest as not completed so they could do it again for the reward.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2018-07-19 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about us Old Lore Masters before Cata hit....and after...I have done all those quests for both new and old Loremasters...what about us?
    Last edited by MouseD; 2018-07-19 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    What about us Old Lore Masters before Cata hit....and after...I have done all those quests for both new and old Loremasters...what about us? Would it be possible to get on another toon and do them and get the mount and rep might be account bound by chance?
    It's not account wide. Reputations all need to be on one character unfortunately.

Yeah. Those of us that already did the quests appear to be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginji View Post
    yeah :/ why did i do Loremaster fuk me
    Same here. I was so excited when I got home only to find out I've already done them for loremaster -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I found a way to get both these reps....go out too Descolace and find mobs called Maraudine Mauler...kill them you should get a drop called
    Maraudine Prisoner Manifest...this begins a 4 quest line that give both reps .....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Same here. I was so excited when I got home only to find out I've already done them for loremaster -.-
    I was in same boat twice.....but do this ...Okay I found a way to get both these reps....go out too Descolace and find mobs called Maraudine Mauler...kill them you should get a drop called
    Maraudine Prisoner Manifest...this begins a 4 quest line that give both reps .....