Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    This is entirely false. Invasions did this. WQGF exasperated a problem with invasions, which is why 1. There weren't any problems until invasions started in legion, 2. The problems continued even after WQGF was practically unused for a week (when blizzard broke the old version), and 3. There weren't any problems from people continuing to use WQGF later in the expansion.

Blizzard do not like WQGF because it makes you finish content faster. That is the crux of the whole thing. They want to leave you stuck doing those tedious quests because that means you're getting less done in a session and (hopefully) staying subbed longer.
    Another hour, another unproven conspiracy theory from the jaded minority. Just another day at MMO-Champion.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    I believe the OP is referring to the Legion App.
    The legion app is just the legion bits of the mobile armoury app.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Another hour, another unproven conspiracy theory from the jaded minority. Just another day at MMO-Champion.
    That's not really a conspiracy, it was evident on servers at the time.

Much like when Blizzard tells you Master Loot is a bad loot system and Personal Loot is much fairer, it's BS. Maybe check out Blizzards investor conference calls to see them at a base level explain exactly how systems they implement keep people playing longer for the magical MAU's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

MMO-C is turning into the Fox News of gaming forums.

Not a big surprise, considering the groups emigrating here as their previous safe spaces are being shut down.

I updated the legion app. It works fine. Try again, OP.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    That's not really a conspiracy, it was evident on servers at the time.

Much like when Blizzard tells you Master Loot is a bad loot system and Personal Loot is much fairer, it's BS. Maybe check out Blizzards investor conference calls to see them at a base level explain exactly how systems they implement keep people playing longer for the magical MAU's.
    For subscription based games like WoW, the MAU is only the number of people who are subscribed for that particular month, regardless of whether or not they actually log into the game.

Artificially extending the time it takes to do WQs by 15 seconds isn't going to make that number go up.

Therefore, the statement that the change was made to force people to stay logged in, is an unproven conspiracy theory.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The legion app is just the legion bits of the mobile armoury app.
    No it isn’t; the Legion companion app is a separate thing from the now defunct armory. It is still supported and active.

It is working...sort of ok. You don’t have to log out if the app for each character; when you swap characters it shows the logging in icon but you don’t have to close the app. But it is not working as well or as fast as it did prepatch. And no gold missions gives it a kind of “meh” feel. When I reported the bugs they reminded me to update the app, so if you have problems, make sure the app is updated. You can also reinforce my wish for pet battles and fishing to be added to the BfA mobile app ������������
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Legion app is free, so they have no obligation to really tell us anything.
    I don't think you can do anything with the app unless you have paid them at least some money in the past. Irregardless of cost - it is bad policy to update a software in any way without letting the users know ahead of time - even when they have absolutely no bearing on the resulting changes.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    No it isn’t; the Legion companion app is a separate thing from the now defunct armory. It is still supported and active.
    Well - it shouldn't be working as it is just the legion part of the wow armoury stuff - talking to the same APIs etc that all got changed with 8.x

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - it shouldn't be working as it is just the legion part of the wow armoury stuff - talking to the same APIs etc that all got changed with 8.x
    Well, I don't know about the under the hood tech stuff, just that the Legion companion is an interactive tool that lets you manage your class hall, whereas the armory had different features. To be honest, it has been so long since I used the Armory app that I'd forgotten it was more than a way to look at your gear and stats; it had guild chat and auction capability, as well. Either way, it is working and it is intended to work, per the Blizzard CS. But they have made changes that I had not seen notes on, but of course they might be out there.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maulgryve View Post
    I don't think you can do anything with the app unless you have paid them at least some money in the past. Irregardless of cost - it is bad policy to update a software in any way without letting the users know ahead of time - even when they have absolutely no bearing on the resulting changes.
    programs do this all the time, seriously it is not that common for programs to show off what is being changed ahead of time, causde what does it matter to us?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Break wqgf for 0 reason" no there was lots of reasons.
    Being able to just click a button the afk and complete a quest.
    Lag issues from people constantly queuing up to 5 or 6 groups with a single button press.
    Server hopping to dodge combat made easy!

- - - Updated - - -

Legion app is free, so they have no obligation to really tell us anything.
    BS . they broke it because it was fun fast content.

you are not supposed to have fun you are supposed to farm stupid boring pointless quests for hours.

thats why without legendaries wq will die off as soon as people hit rep requirements for pathfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    The procedurally generated Island Expeditions in BFA are one such feature. They offer "endless variation" and awards Azerite which you must collect - so it's the perfect never-ending Skinner box.
    When you start complaining about legitimate replayability is when you should start considering finding a new game to play. Because quite frankly that's ridiculous.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    BS . they broke it because it was fun fast content.

you are not supposed to have fun you are supposed to farm stupid boring pointless quests for hours.

thats why without legendaries wq will die off as soon as people hit rep requirements for pathfinder.
    FUN FAST CONTENT?
    Arnt you the one who has been shitting on the garrison?
    LOL
    seriously, go play facebook games if you rather sendo f missions then go quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    I couldn't even log in, but just now it wanted an update and it works again. You can also change characters without login out and in. Guess it wasn't intended after all.

Deleted
    Eh, takes 2 clicks instead of 1 (Logout and Login instead of Change Character) and around 4-5 seconds more to load, not a big deal. Especially considering there's hardly any reason to use it anymore with the gold missions removed.

To be clear - I think it's a dumb and frankly petty change. It punishes (even further) those folks who didn't manage to obtain their Paragon mounts during Legion.... and no one else, as far as I can see.

smh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    I couldn't even log in, but just now it wanted an update and it works again. You can also change characters without login out and in. Guess it wasn't intended after all.
    Yeah not seeing that.
    Last edited by Zyrinx; 2018-07-20 at 01:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    I just reinstalled to double check and as far as android goes, v2.0.3 is the latest and still makes you logout with no character change button.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's an inconvenience, to be sure. Not sure why, other than increasing account log in numbers, they'd do this.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    I just reinstalled to double check and as far as android goes, v2.0.3 is the latest and still makes you logout with no character change button.
    I have 2.0.3 as well, on android, and it works. Just a bug with the sound always being on, even though it's toggled off. I need to toggle it on and off and then sound's gone again.

So just to be sure I'm talking about the correct thing... When in the 'world map' screen I click the icon next to my character's name and get a dropdown with the last two characters I used in the app (maybe you get more if you have more eligible chars?) and a big 'log out' button on the bottom. I then click the name of another char, it goes to a screen saying 'connecting' and 'cancel' and then it logs to the 'world map' of that other char. No logging out required.