Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Being a dick also doesn't make it true for most people.

I've run windowed for ages and never once had an issue with GSync.
    Are you having a problem understanding that people can have this issue without you, also, having the issue?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I have the same deal. I had to turn off v-sync in the game, because with it on, it was pushing it down to 60Hz and causing a smear. You only get the refresh rate option when running true full screen.
    Correct. If you play in Windowed (Fullscreen) it uses your Desktop refresh rate. So you'd change the refresh rate in Windows and not the game.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Yes that does indeed work. Why are they hiding it in the mouse options when it clearly should be next to the resolution options.

Anyway, since I am using DX11 not having true fullscreen does impact performance as well, I am down 30-40 fps on average. Dalaran used to be 70-80, now I am down to 50ish. What's your solution for that? :P

- - - Updated - - -

Then they should start by finally updating their system so that it doesn't run on a 20 year old engine, that would be truly moving forward the game. World of Tanks has moved from Big Worlds Engine to the enCore engine, Blizz is just too lazy/greedy to scrap it.
    50fps? think that might be your hardware man, I am hitting 100-150fps tops in dal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    What does playing in Full Screen have to do with any of that? Alt tab worked just as well in Full Screen mode as window. My biggest gripe now is alt tab doesn't take me to the desktop anymore, it just bring up open apps and if there is no open apps it does nothing. Granted I can use Ctrl-Esc and minimize all apps option, but that is just extra steps and so far for no gains.
    Windows key + tab instead.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deleted
    major issue with windowed fullscreen mode is the basic resolution is locked to desktop resolution. the ingame resolution scaling blurs if decreased (which is major if destop res is 4k but scaling is set to 1080p). with 4k desktop res frame rate drops heavily on "outdated" systems, so only workaround is to manually switch desk res when playing and back. it may look minor, but it must be annoying for users of outdated rigs (tested on 4y old labtop).

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    major issue with windowed fullscreen mode is the basic resolution is locked to desktop resolution. the ingame resolution scaling blurs if decreased (which is major if destop res is 4k but scaling is set to 1080p). with 4k desktop res frame rate drops heavily on "outdated" systems, so only workaround is to manually switch desk res when playing and back. it may look minor, but it must be annoying for users of outdated rigs (tested on 4y old labtop).
    Why would you run a 4K screen on a system that can't really support it? Seems like an awkward situation.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Fullscreen is going away for games in general. Get used to it.

DX12 doesn't support it and has no plans to support it.

You can bind your mouse to the wow window if you want to in the options.
    I don't understand why, though, it's silly. A fullscreen game is more immersive and less distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I don't understand why, though, it's silly. A fullscreen game is more immersive and less distracting.
    Fullscreen also can, and has caused issues with tabbing out, and back in in many games, sometimes causing crashing.

What a useless thread this is, if you had any clue you'd know you can solve this by ticking off ONE option in the interface menu.

It would literally take you less time to just scroll through the different interface sections, or simply google it, than making this thread.

Also why do you have 3 screens, if you're only using one when playing WoW? It's not like it's an FPS and you need to pay 100% attention 24/7 while playing. I don't think I've had this game in Fullscreen mode in years.
    But thats more a personal preference, so doesn't really matter.

Just go to the interface menu and tick off "lock cursor to window", and your problems goes away.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    So, with the update they are forcing everyone, including dx11 users, to run in fullscreen window mode. My gaming setup is with 2 extra screen on the left and right. Naturally when playing a game like WoW I play in fullscreen mode so I can't accidentally click on one of the other screens. But with the update now, I can't go fullscreen anymore hence my entire experience is crap. The only work around I have, is disabling the other 2 screens so I can't move the cursor over there, but that means when I am NOT playing WoW I will have to enable them again. This is completely unnecessary and user unfriendly. DX11 still supports fullscreen mode, and makes no sense forcing me to play in window mode.

I am legitimately mad at Blizzard for this.
    http://www.snakebytestudios.com/proj...s/cursor-lock/

10 seconds of google-fu. I have no idea if it works, but I'm willing to bet that even if this doesn't, there are probably other apps out there that can do what you want.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Fullscreen also can, and has caused issues with tabbing out, and back in in many games, sometimes causing crashing.
    Sure, but that's been going on for decades. I was pretty sure people had accepted it as cons that wouldn't go away for a system that had many pros.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If someone was super bothered by distractions, they could always just switch off their 2nd/3rd monitors while playing WoW. Or at the very least close all of the apps and select a desktop background which is dark/neutral.

15+ Year Old Account
    We are talking about fullscreen windowed. There is visually no difference between that and fullscreen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ombramo View Post
    Are you having a problem understanding that people can have this issue without you, also, having the issue?
    The person i was talking to was speaking in absolutes as if gsync is just broken because of fullscreen windowed, period.

To me the game is actually running smoother, sometimes I notice a little stutter but zones where I would get a serious fps decrease are working flawlessly now.

Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    http://www.snakebytestudios.com/proj...s/cursor-lock/

10 seconds of google-fu. I have no idea if it works, but I'm willing to bet that even if this doesn't, there are probably other apps out there that can do what you want.
    or you can use the solution in game that has been posted repeatedly. lock cursor to window. gsync runs fine. use the sliders to adjust the amount of frames you want. check the boxes. what else is there to talk about?

- - - Updated - - -

We are talking about fullscreen windowed. There is visually no difference between that and fullscreen.

- - - Updated - - -

The person i was talking to was speaking in absolutes as if gsync is just broken because of fullscreen windowed, period.
    if you didnt go in the nvidia driver to check the box to support fullscreen and windowed you could have a issue. if you check the box and apply it all goes away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah im kinda triggered by the no fullscreen only.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    I run multiple monitors and have been playing in Windowed Fullscreen for years now. It allows me to easily switch to my browser or media to do things without the need of minimizing WoW. I have never had an issue with my mouse going to the wrong screen but will admit I keep my DPI settings on the lower side. As mentioned though, DX12 has no support for fullscreen so that is the reasoning behind this change.

EDIT: In Game Menu > Interface > Mouse, you can bind your mouse to WoW window.
    This, I have never had issues losing my mouse to another screen in all the time I have used multiple screens. 4k DPI

15+ Year Old Account
    It looks exactly the same under Full screen windowed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Why would you run a 4K screen on a system that can't really support it? Seems like an awkward situation.
    Just like I have a 2k 144HZ monitor but I have a Nvidia 960 video card. My desktop resolution is at 2k or 2560x1440. Makes everything look great. Amazing for working from home. But each game I have to tinker a little bit with to make it look nice. Only PUBG do I have to knock to down to 1080P. The rest I can still get 80-120 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Windows key + tab instead.
    I normally have the windows key disabled so that I don't hit it during gaming, actually a feature of the keyboard I have. I guess I'll have to consider re-enabling the windows key and then try to delearn the last 10 years of alt-tab.

I get that I'll have to relearn something that has worked great for the last 10+ years, just wish I got some noticeable gain from it.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2018-07-20 at 01:30 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously this whole 'full screen windowed' mode is Blizzards attempt to increase game time played. /tightenfoilhat
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.