Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackOnPar View Post
    And... that's your only takeaway?
    I mean, hyperbole is generally what one takes away from hyperbolic comments.

Since you wanna play that game: meta-fallacy, you're it.
    Irony is not a fallacy. Your first "take-away" is hyperbolic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Irony is not a fallacy. Your first "take-away" is hyperbolic.
    Come back when you understand what a meta-fallacy (or a fallacy of fallacies) is.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...n/65-575221085

Two takeaways from that:

1- Does Youtube hate children so much that they'd take this much time to shut down the channel?
    2- Why hasn't social services taken custody of these children? What are they waiting for, an even greater tragedy?!?
    Why should it have been taken down?

Edit:: Read it now

Reading it, it was taken down because of mob mentality. The channel should not have been taken down, the people that bitched and got it removed have done nothing but harm a family that was already harmed by the parents being dicks but they also changed. Now its just harder for them and the kids and have done nothing but harm. People are idiots
    Last edited by Raptor With a Saber; 2018-07-19 at 07:33 PM.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

7+ Year Old Account
    Come back when you understand what a meta-fallacy (or a fallacy of fallacies) is.
    Come back when you've an actual argument rather than pathetic attempts at trolling.

Come back when you've an actual argument rather than pathetic attempts at trolling.
    Oh, and what was your argument aside from pointing and saying "omg this is a fallacy!"? What was your point other than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Good grief, if these people knew the kind of abuse that I went through as a child, my father would be on death row.

• At age 10, beaten with a 2x4 until I was completely purple from my waist down to my calves.
    • Having a gun pointed at my temple.
    • Thrown across the room at age 13, and splitting my scalp open on brick steps. This required stitches to close and I lied to cover for my father.
    • Hit repeatedly on the head with a hard knuckle when ever I said something my father didn't like. I used to get excruciating headaches for several years even after I stopped living with him.
    • Countless times of other verbal and emotional abuse.
    Now that is ABUSE.

From the clips that I have seen, I don't see any abuse.

The only mistake those parents made was in making those pranks public, in our age of information some fragile snowflakes just won't get that kind of horseplay.
    You should get checked for chronic traumatic encephalopathy, if you notice you have extreme behavioral issues it is worth knowing you have it.

Side note, sorry to hear that and that is not what a father is I am sorry you never had one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and what was your argument aside from pointing and saying "omg this is a fallacy!"? What was your point other than that?
    I didn't say it was a "fallacy", I said it was hyperbole, which it is.

I didn't say it was a "fallacy", I said it was hyperbole, which it is.
    Hyperbole is a form of logical fallacy.

The fallacy of fallacies incorrectly implies that an argument is automatically and systematically wrong because it was poorly argued (ie: because a fallacy was used in its presentation). I'm not debating your claim here; it was an hyperbole. My followup to that is: what's your point besides that? Is this what you base your point on to go for the ultimate "I'm right, you're wrong" finisher? Because if it is, your argument is incomplete.

All you put on display is that my statement was hyperbolic. Which it is. Not that it was wrong.
    Last edited by JackOnPar; 2018-07-19 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for them? Pretty much a non-story. Neglect and abuse are two completely different things, until you add emotions and mental gymnastics to the equation. That's the usual recipe of typical expectedness.

This thread seems to have been created so the TC could have an opportunity to "slam" someone with "meta-fallacy", and attempt to claim superiority by then mansplaining what "meta-fallacy" is, when no one even asked.

It's pleb level effort.

7+ Year Old Account
    All you put on display is that my statement was hyperbolic. Which it is.
    Yes, all I did was point out that your comment was hyperbole. As for the accuracy of your statement, that's purely subjective.

Oh, quiet, the lot of you! It's because of negative nancies such as yourself that a legitimate channel such as this one got taken down.

You all want to censor everything when your poor little feels get butthurt, yet you want to ZOMG EXPOSE whoever refuses align with your views and ruin their lives to the fullest extent of your capabilities.

Hypocrites!

Quote Originally Posted by beedeehee View Post
    Oh, quiet, the lot of you! It's because of negative nancies such as yourself that a legitimate channel such as this one got taken down.

You all want to censor everything when your poor little feels get butthurt, yet you want to ZOMG EXPOSE whoever refuses align with your views and ruin their lives to the fullest extent of your capabilities.

Hypocrites!
    They openly and gleefully abuse children on camera. Please, never breed.

Not sure what's worse.

The "parents", or the MMO-C tards defending them "cuz reasons". Good riddance, the channel should've been taken down way quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    They openly and gleefully abuse children on camera. Please, never breed.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, and consent can be retroactively withdrawn so any woman can get any ex of their choosing in the slammer for 25-to-life. We all know your rhetoric.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Not sure what's worse.

The "parents", or the MMO-C tards defending them "cuz reasons". Good riddance, the channel should've been taken down way quicker.
    I hold a certain disdain for people who refuse to improve society because "I had it worse", so probably the MMO-C tards.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Good grief, if these people knew the kind of abuse that I went through as a child, my father would be on death row.

• At age 10, beaten with a 2x4 until I was completely purple from my waist down to my calves.
    • Having a gun pointed at my temple.
    • Thrown across the room at age 13, and splitting my scalp open on brick steps. This required stitches to close and I lied to cover for my father.
    • Hit repeatedly on the head with a hard knuckle when ever I said something my father didn't like. I used to get excruciating headaches for several years even after I stopped living with him.
    • Countless times of other verbal and emotional abuse.
    Now that is ABUSE.

From the clips that I have seen, I don't see any abuse.

The only mistake those parents made was in making those pranks public, in our age of information some fragile snowflakes just won't get that kind of horseplay.
    Yes, you were abused.
    The kids in the vids were also being abused.

The "back in my day" attitude you take on this subject is one more reason kids live with abuse, the level they are suffering "isn't up to your standard" .

Hypocrites!
    No, pointing out abuse when it is visible or actions in the vids come DAMN close to the definition of abuse and the goons posting the stuff are profiting from it?Is not butthurt.
    Keep standing for the scumbags though, seems to be how it works now days.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Not sure what's worse.

The "parents", or the MMO-C tards defending them "cuz reasons".
    Why not both?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, yeah, yeah, and consent can be retroactively withdrawn so any woman can get any ex of their choosing in the slammer for 25-to-life. We all know your rhetoric.
    The typical Daddyofive fan, everyone.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-07-20 at 04:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardly YouTube's fault. Horrible precedent to set.

1. 90% of 'youtubers' are playing a character. Even ones who appear to be committing crimes. You're assuming that YouTube is personally invested in everything and everyone on the site.

...and the channel was ultimately taken down...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hardly YouTube's fault. Horrible precedent to set.

1. 90% of 'youtubers' are playing a character. Even ones who appear to be committing crimes. You're assuming that YouTube is personally invested in everything and everyone on the site.

...and the channel was ultimately taken down...
    They don't get to 'play characters' when their 'characters' start impacting their children's lives and well being. They want to be internet famous and make money off it? Well too bad, that time is over and they have children now. If their actions infringe on the child's well being then they can make videos all they want, just not while remaining as their children's caregivers.