Thread: Antorus in 8.0

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    So far just tank swaps and Argus scythe, doesn't seem like enough still. Most dot dmg is ticking way too high, amongst other things.
    Yeah I don't know what their deal is. Nobody wants to reprogress Antorus, just nerf it by 40% or whatever just like every other prepatch. This is meaningless content now no one wants it to be hard while half the raid is blundering around in confusion with their new specs. Cutting Edge is gone it's irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Also, Blizzard proves, once again, to be full of idiots, that dont test their shit before putting it online for millions of players. The same shit happens in every prepatch, it's amazing they havent learnt to test it before it goes live. But once again, we all know they are horrible at that and at this point they just milk us (the players) as long as it's possible.
    It's more like this. http://darklegacycomics.com/631
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

>pre patch launches

>content improperly tuned

>MMO-C: This content is not tuned properly

>Blizzard: does nothing

>MMO-C: Why the fuck doesn't Blizzard fix this???!

>Blizzard (days later): single intern in charge of pre patch balance accidentally logs into game and realizes its broken

>Blizzard: OK gosh we're tuning it... sheesh!

>MMO-C: Honestly I thought it was better before they tuned it. It's irrelevant content anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    That's what happens when a guild consists of 25-30 players and only a single mount drops every week. In order to get everyone the mount before it becomes 1% in BFA, my guild (which is within the top 100) needs to raid every week except for the very last one.
    Ok, I guess that makes sense. I forgot about the mount since I'm not a mount collector (and I think it's ugly, I didn't even roll for it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not everyone has the luxury to pick their raid days. Sometimes you just have to grin and bare it.
    anything worth progressing for is gone, all guilds can say bugger it for 3 weeks and no one would care.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    anything worth progressing for is gone, all guilds can say bugger it for 3 weeks and no one would care.
    We care, we always take a break and come back for prepatch, bugs an all. It's fun raiding with your "new" characters and allows people to figure out what they want to play next expansion.

Antorus, the Burning Throne
    Reduced the damage done by a number of "tank swap" abilities throughout the zone.

Argus the Unmaker
    Reduced the damage dealt by Sweeping Scythe by 30%.

So I guess this is it, there won't be blanket -XX% hp nerfs to every boss to make raid facerollable.

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    Reduced the damage done by a number of "tank swap" abilities throughout the zone.

Argus the Unmaker

So I guess this is it, there won't be blanket -XX% hp nerfs to every boss to make raid facerollable.
    It doesn't need to be facerollable, it just needs to be doable without having to feel like progression again. Which, those nerfs aren't enough.

Deleted

Argus the Unmaker

Dumb. None of these changes were necessary.
    Last edited by mmoce81e69ea37; 2018-07-20 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Dumb. None of these changes were necessary.
    Like you would know. How's normal going for you, mate?

Deleted
    Like you would know. How's normal going for you, mate?
    The pre patched raid was already easy. It didn't need to get any easier. Now it's a bit on the post nerf pre patch level of HFC.

I wish they would have just reduced all boss damage by a small %. The HP of bosses feels fine, we were pushing phases on all bosses we attempted faster than before, even with bringing an extra healer to deal with the squishy tanks and increased damage.

Deleted
    Anyone who killed argus M post patch using the tree to res? we found that the tree despawed way too fast to allow the whole raid to use it?

and... is the dot from dogs considered a tank swap mechanic or has this been fixed?

Deleted
    Actually everything is working as intended-Characters were squished and content was squished by the same amount.Its just the artifact removal-a trinket proc for half your main stat value and about -40%stamina/damage done kinda bites.

TLDR:Artifact removal was irrelevant to the squish and makes content seem hard.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMaria View Post
    Anyone who killed argus M post patch using the tree to res? we found that the tree despawed way too fast to allow the whole raid to use it?

and... is the dot from dogs considered a tank swap mechanic or has this been fixed?
    The tree works, you just have to be a lot tighter with the timing. It will die in roughly 1 second after it begins to wither now. What can help a little (and I'm talking fractions of a second here) is if you don't use many of the "extra" charges the tree gives you to rez pre-suicide. What this will do is let the first few people hit the tree without it withering, so that it delays the wither by another .3-.5 seconds.

In the case that a couple people don't make it: re-assign one of the guys who stayed dead to collect orbs or if it's someone important (like a healer) then you just have to suck it up and burn a rez there.

A clip from last night:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/LaconicEsteemedShallotPartyTime
    Last edited by bushes; 2018-07-20 at 01:52 PM. Reason: More info+clip

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMaria View Post
    Worked for us. I didn't notice much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Yeah I don't know what their deal is. Nobody wants to reprogress Antorus, just nerf it by 40% or whatever just like every other prepatch. This is meaningless content now no one wants it to be hard while half the raid is blundering around in confusion with their new specs. Cutting Edge is gone it's irrelevant.
    This. Yes please. The instance is outdated. Nerf the shit out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    We had a problem with the tree as well, we just didn't sac anyone on the second chains (when we die) and just had whoever missed it do orbs, took a few pulls but was fine. We tried Argus early in the week though and had 1/4 of the raid miss the rez every time.

- - - Updated - - -

We four tanked mythic dogs this week which made it moderately entertaining.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrastar View Post
    We had a problem with the tree as well, we just didn't sac anyone on the second chains (when we die) and just had whoever missed it do orbs, took a few pulls but was fine. We tried Argus early in the week though and had 1/4 of the raid miss the rez every time.
    We did it on thursday so not sure if anything was changed during wednesday (or tuesday in NA) but biggest issues we had were related to tanks dying at "wrong" times and boss either scything the raid or us having to deal with 5+ orbs, and the cast time / resource cost to combat rez. The death fog bug is still there though, we had a guy die from soul blight within ankh totem range, and still insta accepting it instead of waiting until p2 when fog is cleared kills you and wastes the totem / rez.

Most problems we had with aggramar though, raid damage, mass grip nerf and issues with ccing adds. We didn't clear the rest of the instance because we only want the mounts (seems we will have 1-2 people left without in the end )

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yeah, seemed fine on this end... Didn't have an issue with the tree.

Fight pace definitely seems faster. Was dead just under 9 mins with 3 tanks/4 heals (to be safe).