Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Best Leveling Legendaries

With the patch allowing us to target which legendaries we want, which would be the best 2 to target for the initial leveling in BfA after launch? For all specs. Even if it's just going to help for the first couple of levels I know some people would like to optimize.

I noticed one streamer that used Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish and pulled a lot of mobs and almost one-shot them so I guess i'll try that out one launch day

10+ Year Old Account
    There's so many combo's that work just depends what you want more of, speed, less downtime, more aoe or just burst dmg.

Deleted
    Sephuz + Cold Heart/KJBW for Frost and Unholy
    Sephuz + Skullflower for Blood

At least this is what I will be using, Sephuz is just too good for leveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Sephuz + Cold Heart/KJBW for Frost and Unholy
    Sephuz + Skullflower for Blood

At least this is what I will be using, Sephuz is just too good for leveling.
    The most important thing is that sephuz has a gem slot for the 5% exp gem.

Sephuz is probably going to be the good all rounder for all the classes due to the movement and haste. that with aggramar for plate users can speed things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably be running sephuz/aggramar on my BDK

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be doing Coldheart and Aggramar.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Word of sage advice, try to level 110-115 doing quests (do all 3 zones to friendly for WQs), and 115-120 in dungeons, so that lowbies can carry you through dungeons with their scaling, instead of having to tough it out against quest mobs at 118-120 stretch.

10+ Year Old Account
    shoes + kjbw sounds like the smartest choice
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Sephuz is probably going to be the good all rounder for all the classes due to the movement and haste. that with aggramar for plate users can speed things up.
    Given the current state, that's probably what I'll be doing. The bonus effect from the legendaries seem pretty lackluster compared to the boots and their constant speedrun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Word of sage advice, try to level 110-115 doing quests (do all 3 zones to friendly for WQs), and 115-120 in dungeons, so that lowbies can carry you through dungeons with their scaling, instead of having to tough it out against quest mobs at 118-120 stretch.
    Leveling with dungeons is kinda shitty compared to just questing last time I checked.

Was thinking Sephuz + Aggramar as I currently have a set with these two legendaries that increases my base movement speed to almost 150%, which would be pretty damn sick for leveling, especially when we're not a mobile class.

Unfortunately, I'll doubt it will stay at 150% since my secondaries will probably fall off during levelling and I won't be able to stack the same stat. I'll probably swap Aggramar with another legendary after a few levels, maybe KJ to help with AoEing down packs of mobs or Prydaz since it scales with max health.

I'll still carry Cold Heart with me for it's massive ST damage if there are any rares or such with high health pools.
    Last edited by Nayami; 2018-07-19 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Leveling with dungeons is kinda shitty compared to just questing last time I checked.
    It hasn't been for me personally on the Horde side, and I have 5 120s on beta, but it may be for the Alliance side (their dungeons are objectively harder/longer).

With the exception of the Motherlode, the other 3 horde dungeons can be completed in 12 minutes in a casual group, and probably ~10 minutes in a group that knows their shit, for 160k experience (~75k for clear, 85k for bonus). This translates to roughly 16k exp a minute, which is comparable to questing, given that you get 18k per quest, and quests usually pop up in groups of 3 at a time, but depending on the travel time between quest hubs and waiting for quest cinematics / loot times, you may fall behind.

That's ignoring the fact that due to scaling, you will stop being able to kill 4-5 mobs at a time after 115, and you'll struggle against even 3 at a time by 118-119.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I level in tank spec, so this idea always seems questionable to me.
    I mean yeah, if you know exactly where to go on each quest, never get lost, never waste time, always bee line everywhere, etc, then yeah, questing is good. But if you're a tank and as soon as you hit the queue button you appear inside of a dungeon already running towards a boss most of the time, then yeah, maybe math needs to be done?
    I never did math, however, because dungeons are more fun to me. I already know I can queue up and do 10 dungeons in a row no problem. If I quest, I WILL get bored at some point much much faster, since questing is literally doing an open world fetch; it's not linear, therefore it's objectively easier to stray and waste time accidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    or Prydaz since it scales with max health.
    I wouldn't count on Prydaz, since the Heart of Azeroth goes in the neck slot. We'll be getting that pretty early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonfiggy View Post
    I wouldn't count on Prydaz, since the Heart of Azeroth goes in the neck slot. We'll be getting that pretty early on.
    It is pretty much the first thing you get in BfA.But then Azerite is not as strong as that you absolutely need to use it from the first second. I never tried what happens with quests that give azerite though if you don't wear it, you certainly don't want to gimp yourself by not leveling the necklace for later, even though I doubt that you could actually lose AP that way. For the first 5 levels azerite gear is probably not as tempting anyway, especially if you already own heroic tf or mythic gear from antorus on that character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next to Legendaries equipped, how do all 3 specs compare in speed (killing stuff, levelling) when questing?
    Will Blood be in line with UH/F when it comes to xp/h?

prydas is actually really good since mobs will actually hit decently hard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonfiggy View Post
    until 115 prydaz might actually be better since the heart of azeroth talents are very weak ccomparatively and its like 280 ilvl vs 265?

15+ Year Old Account
    BFA is all about losing stuff.. so sad.

For dungeon tankers, probably the same crap we're wearing now. I'll still use the chest and shoulders and take Rapid Decomp. I don't really care about changing stuff up just for the sake of it, I'm very "don't fix what ain't broken" minded.
    The neck does sound attractive for dungeons though.
    Last edited by msdos; 2018-07-20 at 09:27 AM.